“Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Somerset
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Somerset, PA Hampton Inn on two different nights. One night I stayed on the 3rd floor and the other night I stayed on the 5th floor.

It should be noted that the hotel is under renovation. As a result, some areas of the hotel are clearly not finished. On the 4th floor, for example, just off the elevator the floor was stripped to the concrete. My rooms were both renovated. I did note however, that only my 3rd floor room had extra outlets for charging electronic devices. A very nice touch.

The rooms were just fine. They were clean and nicely appointed. No stains or dirt that I could find. The new interiors were very nice.

On my first night, there was a party with lots of well dressed people mulling around in the lobby. I went to bed early and could clearly hear a party in the room down the hall. I put in ear plugs to block out the sound. I was getting ready to complain about the level of noise, but the noise suddenly stopped.

At check inn both times the staff was friendly. At the breakfast, I found oatmeal and toppings to be just fine. One evening, the hotel offered two or three hot items during the dinner hour. I did not partake, but the food smelled good. There were snacks like popcorn, bananas, and freshly baked cookies available in the lobby during the afternoon.

The gym is o.k. There is a one machine for some type of weight lifting. There were two treadmills, but one was not working. Also, a bike and stair step machine.

Another reviewer correctly noted that the area outside the hotel is under construction. The signage for the hotels is on wood and not visible at night. That could make it a bit difficult for first time arrivals.

Finally, there were several restaurants very near the hotel.

I don't usually stay at Hampton Inns, but the reviews were so good, I gave this one a try. I was impressed and will be checking into to more Hampton Inns in the future.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor room with extra outlets for charging electronic devices.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

For a recently renovated Hampton, the walls and carpets looked a bit worn. Service was friendly, and the free breakfast was a nice perk. The location is currently in a construction zone which makes walking at night a little tough (something that will clearly be different in a few months time).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bill W, Manager at Hampton Inn Somerset, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I understand that the look and feel of the hallways was of concern, and we are currently working renovating the hallways and elevator landings, with new carpet and wallpaper. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will consider staying with us at again; we would love to have you.

Hanover, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had mentioned in a previous review that I rarely write about Hampton Inns even though I often stay in them because the experience is uniformly good. The Hampton Inn in Somerset, PA, however, was a notch above. The guest rooms are well equipped and the bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept in. The property was exceptionally well cared for and very clean. The furnishings in the rooms and public spaces were stylish and contemporary. Lastly, the breakfast had a wide range of menu items...and there were even some hot items available as evening entrees.

Kudos to the management and staff of the Somerset Hampton Inn for providing such a pleasant lodging experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn in September. The hotel is very nice, clean and the rooms are lovely and modern. Great beds and pillows, the breakfast was very good too. Just a couple items for advise, if you are arriving at night like we did, the hotel is hard to find-make a sharp right immediately after exiting the toll booth, there are no street lights and had my backseat passenger not seen the hotel as we drove thru the toll booths I'd have been driving around for awhile. Also, the rooms on the side closest to the turnpike tend to have alot of truck noise from the semis. Neither takes away from how nice the hotel is and the staff was very nice and friendly too. I would stay here again, just ask for a room on the front side of the building.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the front side of the building, away from the truck/traffic noise of the PA pike
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

A nice, clean, accommodating hotel right off of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The room was very comfortable and surprisingly stylish with wood grained cabinets with a microwave and mini-fridge. The complimentary breakfast was tasty and had a wide range of items.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
East Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel was just what we expected to find at a Hampton Inn. Nothing fancy; just a good solid place to stay while on the road. We appreciated the fact that they notified us in advance by email that they would suffer a loss of electricity for three hours in the early morning hours due to nearby construction. They offered us a discount for the inconvenience and even provided flashlights in case we needed one (happily, we didn't). The electricity came back on time for us to take hot showers and get a hot breakfast before we headed out on the road in the morning. The staff was helpful and professional. We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stay in hotels maybe ten days a year while traveling, and Hampton Inn consistently provides a nice place to stay. We recently stayed in Somerset, where the HI is located just off the turnpike exit. This hotel is clean and well run, which is what we expect from the chain. The desk clerk recommended the Pine Grille for dinner, and we were very pleased. They provide a card good for 10% off at the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Somerset? Share your experiences!