“Nice place but breakfast was a disappointment” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Homestead Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smoketown
Homestead Lodging
184 Eastbrook Rd, Route 896, Smoketown, PA 17576   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Smoketown B&B and Inns
Maryland
“Nice place but breakfast was a disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a very nice and clean place to stay. The walls are a little thin but it's chaming and the owners are quite friendly.

However, they are missing the 2nd "B" in the B&B. The "breakfast" I expected was a room where you can sit down and enjoy a breakfast better than you would get at a Days Inn. What we got was a table in the down stairs hallway where some coffee, tea, muffins, and english muffins were laid out. You take what you want and then bring it back to your room to eat. Not ideal. If I knew about that, I would have picked another B&B.

The price of staying was extremely reasonable but understand what you're giving up at this B&B. If the breakfast part is no big deal to you, then I recommend staying.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
lkepiro, Owner at Homestead Lodging, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for writing - it was nice meeting you. I am sorry you were disappointed in the breakfast. During the spring, summer and fall, our guests enjoy eating breakfast on
our patio which overlooks the Amish farm behind us. During the colder months, guests
simply enjoy the breakfast in their room. We do offer "fresh homemade baked goodies" such as coffee cake, danish etc.as well as muffins, english muffins and instant oatmeal with coffee, tea and cocoa. Please try us again in the future!

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Great location. Owners were very good to work with. Room was very clean with view of Amish farm out back. Would definitely stay again. Very nice!!!! Snacks in refridge was great-pay for if you use them. Breakfast was good. Thanks for a nice place for a getaway!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
lkepiro, Owner at Homestead Lodging, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
It was a pleasure meeting you and having you as our guests! We look forward to seeing you again! Thank you for taking the time to send a review!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed there 2 nights in March during our visit to the Amish country. We didn't make any reservation as it was off season and we weren't sure of the place but we did call to check that there are rooms available and the rates. When we arrive late in the afternoon and walk in, we were greeted by Lori and her warm hospitality and friendliness made us feel at home.

We were the only guest during our stay and she gave us one of the best room with the window looking out to the Amish farm behind the house. The room were simple but comfortable. Breakfast was simple but good enough and we just stand around the breakfast corner to eat since we were the only one. We also met Bob during the day and he was nice and chatty,

We got a good recommendation from Lori to eat at the Good N Plenty Restaurant nearby. Overall we are pleased with our stays and would recommend anyone looking for a budget B&B in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
lkepiro, Owner at Homestead Lodging, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking time to describe your stay. Whether it is 1 or 5 rooms full, we will treat you with warm hospitality and attention to detail.
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

My wife and I just got back from an overnight stay in the Lancaster area. I decided to stay at Homestead Lodging mostly because of the price, and it seemed that the owners were nice people. I was right on both counts! The accommodations were very nice. I found our room to be very clean, well furnished and large enough (ours had 2 beds - I think all the rooms here may). The owners were very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the fact that they are a Christian family, as are we. They have 5 rooms total there, but we were the only ones staying that night (not too many vacationers in the middle of February). I knew before we went that the breakfast would not be "full." It was however very good , as Lori bakes everything herself. The morning we were there she had muffins, and some sort of apricot bake that tasted good enough to be dessert. They also had oatmeal, English muffins and coffee. They do not have a breakfast area for eating, but provide trays so you may take your food back to your room. It was quiet while we were there, but as stated before, we were the only ones there. I can imagine it might have been a little noisy if other guests had been there, but that really depends on the other guests. They did have signs in the rooms asking that you be extra quiet early in the morning and late at night for the sake of the other guests. Lori also pointed out that the one room they have on the basement level (walk-out) is good for families with children because the room is not above anyone else. She even showed us that room when we were leaving, in case we ever decided to come back with the kids. Our room was decorated nicely, very clean, and was up to date. The TV was a nice 40" LCD and there was a mini fridge in the room stocked with drinks and snacks (though you requested to pay for the items - honor system. I found the prices to be reasonable and this to be acceptable considering the low price we payed for the room). Overall my wife and I were very pleased with our stay, and would definitely go back sometime. Bob and Lori are great hosts and very nice people.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
lkepiro, Owner at Homestead Lodging, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the home baked breakfast. Yes, in the winter you simply enjoy it in your room. However, spring, summer and fall most guests enjoy taking their breakfast to our patio overlooking the Amish farm. It was a pleasure extending Christian hospitality to you and we hope to see you again in the future!
Star Junction, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

My sister and I with our husbands stayed December 8, 2011. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and appeal of the rooms. The bathroom was meticulous. We had the entire upper floor to ourselves! By 0730 the next morning, Lori had a wonderful breakfast ready for us. Boy, is Lori a good baker!!! Homestead Lodging is a very good value and a great place to stay. It is conveniently located right in the middle of Amish country; the view in the backyard is breathtaking - what a beautiful Amish farm!!! It is minutes away from all the main attractions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hope Mills, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

The location was perfect just minutes away from all the attractions in Lancaster County. The home was very clean and the prices very reasonable. Just be courteous of others. We stayed on the top floor and the walls are kinda thin.

Room Tip: If you stay on the second floor be aware of the stairs if you park in the back. They are kinda stee...