“Very disapointed with the food, especially the deserts.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Smoketown
Cuisines: Bakery, Dutch
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
“Very disapointed with the food, especially the deserts.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Had heard so many people rave about Good and Plenty Resturant. I was very disapointed in the food. Nothing I had was outstanding to me. Ok i guess if thats the kind of food you like but not for me. Was really disapointed in the deserts. Would not go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Edison, New Jersey
“Cafeteria cramp”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Wow! Don't beleieve the hype. Eating here I felt like I was back in catholic School eating in a cafeteria. All that was missing was the nuns to come and make sure I finished me meal. Also, the eye lash that kept coming back in the milk container. Yuck!! I will say the mashed potatoes were very good, and the ice cream was home made, but that didn't redeem the awful time we had. Traveler beware of this tourist trap and eat elsewhere!!!

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manassas, Virginia
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The place is huge and you are seated at long tables with other parties. The food is brought out to the table, family style and there is plenty of food! The food is homemade and hearty but almost all of it is white (potatoes, chicken, cole slaw, turkey) and really nothing special. You won't go away hungry but it's not anything memorable either. For $21 a person, there is better food and atmosphere in Lancaster.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wasn't bad.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Went to Good N Plenty and well... it was good and there was plenty. Buffet style i had, whole time i was there it was good

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Long Island, New York
“Freshest food I ever ate!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We visited Good N Plenty after two straight days of outlet shopping. It was convenient to Lancaster Outlets, so we thought we should experience the Amish Country cooking. We chose the "family style" option over the individual entree option and ate at a table of 12. My girlfriends and I were a little anxious about sitting and sharing food with 8 strangers, but we thought, "what the heck?" Any misgivings we had were quickly brushed away by our waitress who introduced us to each other and told us to get ready to enjoy a great meal. ($20.50 each)
When seated, in the cavernous dining room, the table is already prepared with fresh-baked white and wheat bread, a delicious cole slaw (sans mayo) and a mix of cold marinated veggies. There was also fresh butter, apple butter (YUMMY!) and cottage cheese (odd, no?) The meal was served promptly and the entrees were Roast Beef (prepared more like a pot roast) Hamloaf (resembled corn beef hash in a loaf) and friend chicken! I asked for white meat, which was not on the plate and was happily accommodated. The sides - which were my favorite - included the dreamiest mash potatoes, fresh corn niblets, peas and noodles. the serving plates were passed around the table and filled immediately when empty. Our waitress Cindy was the best!
Dessert was out of this world! An Amish treasure of Shoo-Fly pie was placed on the table along with another apple crumb pie and we were each given a dish of home made ice cream (vanilla or chocolate). The pies, while not bakery shoppe "attractive" were on the money! Sweet, delicious, we all had seconds!
Good N Plenty is a nice, unique dining experience, full of good food and a pleasant atmosphere. You should all experience it - at least once! And don't forget to ask for more!

• Visited November 2011