“Comfortable, Delicious, and Informative” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smethport
Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
905 West Main Street, Smethport, PA 16749   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Smethport B&B and Inns
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable, Delicious, and Informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Mansion District Inn B&B in Smethport was a wonderful surprise. The Porters gave us a warm welcome, a delicious multi-course breakfast, and bountiful information on the town and mansion's history. Our rooms were immaculately clean, and appointed with modern bathrooms, plush bathrobes, and cozy fireplaces. I am excited to return!

Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Holland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a B&B to stay at for our Anniversar whose area still had beautiful foliage. Our great find was the Mansion District Inn. The Inn was beautifully decorated and very clean. Our room, The McCandless, which had a living room with adjoining fireplace to the bedroom, was absolutely beautiful. Our bed and pillows were extremely comfortable making for a great night's sleep. We stayed for 3 nights and the gourment beakfast we had was just that. In addition, during each breakfast, Ross would educated us on the history of the town, the surrounding areas and the house. Ross, who has such a passion for history, illuminated his vast knowledge during his stories at breakfast. In the evening, there was always wine and snacks available. I can't say enought about the hospitality extended to us from Ross and Jovanna. I have stayed at B&Bs before but Ross and Jovanna's passion for running the Inn truly shines through their hospitality. Sightseeing in the Elk Forest, the Allehgeny Forest and the Kinzua Skywalk was just amazing. In addition the rates at the Inn were very reasonable. We would strongly recommend The Mansion District Suites B&B to everyone.

Room Tip: If you want more space the McCandless Room which has a living room was just perfect.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Ross and Jovanna offered superb hospitality in this magnificent mansion. It was comfortable and clean. Ross gave us an interesting history lesson of this beautiful place and town, while Jovanna prepared and served a delicious gourmet breakfast, with wonderfully artistic presentation. She even excelled at the challenge of meeting the needs of my husbands food allergies! Our hosts could not have been more gracious to three very weary travelers.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Mansion District Inn and Suites Bed and Breakfast in Smethport, Pa.

• Stayed November 2013
Hawley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We first heard about the Mansion District Inn on the " Visit Pa" site. Our plan was to take a road trip along Scenic Route 6, starting in Hawley and heading west. Our stay at the Mansion District Inn was simply outstanding. The innkeepers Ross, and Jovanna could not have been more hospitable. Jovanna's culinary talents are the spotlight of the amazing three course breakfast which is served in the beautiful historic dining room at the mansion. Ross shares the history of the inn and the surrounding areas with an enthusiasm that will make a lasting impression. The accommodations are lovely, antiques abound in a cozy welcoming environment. We strongly recommend the Mansion District Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a trip to the Kinzua skywalk...based on a nice write-up in our local paper, and this was one of the local Inns that they recommended. We were not disappointed. Lots of curb appeal and then you walk in the door and feel that you were transported back in time, decorated just like you would expect with beautiful period pieces, but not stuffy...we settled in the parlour with a glass or two of wine (complimentary) in the evening before heading out to dinner. The room itself was nicely appointed as well, and the bathroom was a great surprise with a tiled, walk-in shower with state of the art water feature - we stayed in the Dr. Freeman suite. Jovanna and Ross are wonderful hosts, Ross is very knowledgeable about the area and its history, and the breakfast the next morning was gourmet all the way! We would highly recommend to all...and did I mention the price, treat yourself!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Charles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I would like to take a moment to speak of my recent experience at the Mansion District Bed & Breakfast. This was the first time I have stayed at a B&B and although it would have been nice to spend this trip with my girlfriend, it was simply fabulous! I stayed in the Hamlin Executive Suite and couldn't have been more pleased. The accommodations were splendid, the beds most comfortable and full-furnished kitchen placating of all my needs.

Being it a business trip, I regret I couldn't indulge more in the artistically-conceived 3-course breakfast served each morning. I was elated to spend 3 short mornings in the elegance of the dining area. The hosts, Jovanna and Ross, were lovely and generous. Jovanna truly is a masterful chef (I wish I could experience an evening meal!). Meanwhile, Ross, a former professor and continued historian blended the experience with robust stories of the history of beautiful Smethport, PA and the Inn.

I couldn't recommend this location more be it for leisure or business.

Thank you and I look forward to my next visit!

Joel Duhon
President
Rampart Digital, LLC.
St. Charles, MO

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Baden, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed one overnight at this lovely place. We would return and recommend to anyone. Gracious hots, from the wine to gourment breakfast! Bed was extremely comfortable, details to comfort everywhere.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!