“45th Anniversary get away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smethport
Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast
905 West Main Street, Smethport, PA 16749   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Smethport B&B and Inns
Jamestown, New York
“45th Anniversary get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hello Jovanna & Ross,
We had a delightful visit at your B & B. Your mansion is beautiful and you both are so hospitable! From the moment we walked through the door until we left, everything was sensational!
Thank you so much for everything! Next time we visit, I would love to finish reading and looking at the pictures in the booklet on the mantle.
Forgot to tell you that we thought your chickens were so cute and loved the aviary.
Hugs, Barbara & Terry

Room Tip: we stayed in the "Freeman room" Loved the walk in shower! Accidentally hit the fitness cen...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I needed a getaway, and I found this jewel of a B&B while researching online. The goal of the trip was to travel the old and historic US Route 6 and eventually end up at the Zippo Visitor's Center (also reviewed by me). I chose this B&B based on it's location to our plans and the reviews of TripAdvisor; the reviews are spot on. The service was top notch, every detail attended to with a smile by Ross and Jovanna. As other reviewers have stated, the breakfasts were to die for. We stayed two nights, and the breakfasts both mornings were unique and absolutely delicious. The value, honestly, to us felt like a steal; I'm sure Ross and Jovanna could charge a lot more and still get the clientele they appear to have. Had I more vacation time to use for this trip, I would have gladly stayed longer because cost was not an issue. Sleep quality, cleanliness and the room reviews can all be summed up in one word - perfection. The entire mansion was spotless and the suite we stayed in made me feel right at home. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms (as well as the whole mansion) were decorated with many very interesting artifacts that Ross and Jovanna have collected all their lives during their travels. We stayed in the McCandless Executive suite which had a front sitting room as well as the bedroom. Both nights we relaxed in the front room, in front of the fireplace, and browsed through the numerous reading materials that are for the guests to read. The history of the small town of Smethport is truly amazing and interesting. As for the location, the mansion sits right on the corner of Rt 6 and 59 which is very convenient if you're continuing to head West or even North towards Bradford. I can't say enough good things about this B&B; as I stated in the title of my review, we WILL be returning.

Ross and Jovanna, thank you so much for the wonderful stay. It was an absolute pleasure meeting the both of you and I look forward to seeing you possibly in the fall with my entire family this time. Take care, and I hope to see the chickens the next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We spent a very nice week end at Mansion District B&B
Our hosts were so friendly, the room very clean and quiet and the breakfast delicious
We'll travel back to Smethport in Summer or better in the falls to see the area under another season and be very pleased to spend another night at Mansion District B&B

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Narberth, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This IS the place to stay! The inn owners, Ross and Jovanna, have done an incredible job renovating this mansion and restoring its beauty. Each room had a history of its own with an eclectic collection of amazing artifacts, furniture, and artwork. Our bedroom with a fireplace was so comfortable we didn't want to leave! Having wine in the library with Ross and a wonderful breakfast the next day were topped only by the fantastic history lesson we received about the town, the people, and the buildings. (It doesn't hurt that Ross is the town's mayor as well!) We had such a great time that the unexpected ice storm that night didn't dampen our spirits one bit! It just added to the charm of a welcoming B & B. Our only disappointment was that we could only stay one night! We are looking forward to returning and bringing our friends with us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at the Mansion District B&B last week for five days/four nights on a work related trip. The owners/staff are wonderful people. Super easy to talk with, extremely pleasant and always helpful!!! My room was excellent. My mattress was very comfortable, so much so that I really didn't want to get out of it. The sheets/towels were soft and clean. The room(s) I stayed in was uniquely decorated and had everything I needed, including a flat screen TV in the meeting area!!! The internet (wireless) was easy to connect to and I was never kicked off due to a poor internet signal. The home itself is beautiful, interesting and exotic items everywhere. And to top off my stay, the breakfast was great. Every day I look forward to a hot delicious breakfast and I was NEVER disappointed. I will be staying at this home again. As the title states, this IS the place to stay in this area of the state!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

. . . the photos posted by the owners of the home and the food and the raves posted by previous travelers - all is true. I had the good fortune to find this amazing B&B when I needed a couple of overnights in the area. Not only was I surprised at the quality of this B&B in such a small mountain town, but I was also impressed with the appearance of Smethport. Homes are well-maintained (appearing to be loved) , the "feel" is charming, and the people are very friendly. Maybe the owners of Mansion District (and their home) are a reflection of Smethport, especially since Ross is the mayor. I won't be verbose since so much has said before. I just want to say that "It is all true!" (ONLY if positive comments). Even with it being winter and no flowers and limited greenery and no sitting on their great porch enjoying the scene, I had not one negative critique to say. And, I love their aviary and their heirloom chickens! The food is awesome! Jovanna and Ross treat their guests as if you are in the home visiting at the turn of the century and being catered to by the staff. Truly a memorable experience! I am posting a few photos that reflect the holiday season in the home when I was there - plus just a few just because. Please check out their website, too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in a lot of nice places. I would easily rank the Mansion District Inn as one of my top 5 favorites.The house was absolutely beautiful, the breakfast was FANTASTIC and Jovanna & Ross were so warm and welcoming! My coworker and I were only in town for a night but we both wished that we could have stayed a lot longer. If I ever find myself in this area of Pennsylvania again, I will be coming back here. I would recommend this place to anyone. It's truly wonderful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!