“Eh....” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
State College, Pennsylvania
“Eh....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have eaten there a few times and will only do so again if nothing else is available. Menu selections and taste of food are nothing special. Prices are a bit high for what you get. The quality of service has varied between so-so and bad.

Visited June 2013

Brevard, NC
“Couldn't wait to get away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have enjoyed slate run for nearly 30 years. The Hotel Manor was where we stayed and ate. expecting a different but positive experience, we welcomed the opportunity to stay at the new place. Oops. Big mistake! Our dining experience was a negative one: limited selection, horrible, indifferent service, accompanied by long waits, in a room with very few other customers. Our room accommodation was adequate. Breakfast was available in the form, mostly, of cold cereal and fruit, with some packaged, microwaveable items in a cooler. Our overall experience was that our presence either inconvenienced the staff, or that the staff assured itself that it would not be inconvenienced by our presence. We have been delighted to find a lovely and welcoming accommodation nearby when we visit beautiful Pine Creek.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
“poor service and "doubled" bill on credit card”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Several years ago I ate there for mothers day.Meal was OK. Took one hour to get beverages. It was another 1/2 hour till our meal came. Used a credit card and later found I was "doubled" billed for the tip. I called and spoke to the owner. He didn't return my call after he said he would. Several weeks later I called and spoke to him again.He advised he had not checked my situation out but would call me. HE NEVER CALLED AGAIN!!! After several months dealing with my card company they removed the "double tip". POOR MANAGEMENT

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
McElhattan, Pennsylvania, United States
“Beautiful Area with Excellent Food and View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed in one of their rooms, which I would also rate as excellent. The food is fantastic, and the view is even better!

pennsylvania
“Hit Or Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The location of Hotel Manor is scenic and peaceful. However, the food and the service are really hit or miss. The bar area is very uncomfortable and bright. I miss the cozy bar atmosphere of the old building. Just be advised, you may or may not receive a decent meal and good service at this establishment.

Visited September 2012