“Perfect Reunion location! ” 5 of 5 stars

Skytop Lodge
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   One Skytop, Skytop, PA 18357-1099   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skytop
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect Reunion location! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I gathered here with three generations of family for a thanksgiving/birthday celebration. The common rooms are gracious and nostalgic. There are plenty of ever-changing activities for all interests and ages. The meal plan is perfect for hungry teens. The bedrooms could
use some updating. But the overall experience far eclipses the outdated wallpaper. And it's close location to NYC and Philadelphia makes it easy to reach. We cannot wait to return.

Stayed November 2013
Douglas H, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear CaraMHutchins,

Thank you for sharing feedback in relation to your recent stay. Skytop is the perfect venue for a family vacation or reunion. I agree that our meal plan offers a great value to families and our activities provide fun for all ages.

I shared your comments with my team today and they were pleased to know you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to meeting you on a future visit to Skytop.

Vice President & General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I cannot speak highly enough about SkyTop. I purchased an all inclusive voucher from Travel Zoo and my sister and I celebrated her birthday together. If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Everything was first class, from the service to the food to the decor. It is a very low keyed establishment and charmingly decorated for Christmas with sparkling lights and wreaths and a tree. The room was immaculate, the bed & bedding beyond comfortable and the staff was exceptionally accomodating. The VP & General Manager, Douglas, made an effort to take time from his schedule to speak with us while we were sitting in the lobby. The pool opened @ 9:30 AM but because we were leaving after breakfast, they opened it especially for us to be able to swim @ 8:30. The Assistant Manager, Doreen, introduced herself and we spoke like old friends. Everyone who worked @ Sky Top had a smile and always asked us how we were and if there was anything we needed. I actually felt spoiled. The grounds are magnificent; the pace is very slow and the entire environment is conducive to relaxation. There are activities for children and family or it is a romantic interlude for couples or a single. I loved my time spent there; I also know this is a very costly trip so I will be on the lookout for another Travel Zoo voucher because the deal was not to be believed.

Room Tip: any place is perfect
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear skrys,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I enjoy meeting guests and am pleased that we were able to connect during your recent visit. I appreciate your kind comments about our team, as they strive to provide world-class service to our guests. I shared your comments with Doreen and our entire team today and they were pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Skytop soon.

ny, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a great weekend at SkyTop. Only 2 hours away from NYC, it was a perfect escape and I'd love to go back there in the middle of Summer or Winter to really take advantage of all they have to offer. Great food, great service, hiking, swimming, skiing, relaxing outdoors or in the main lodge room cozy up against a beautiful fireplace, combined with old world elegance all in one spot.

PACKAGES:
I called the Hotel direct to book their Weekend Spa Package at the "discounted" Winter Rate of $1,250 which got you: 2 weekend nights in an Inn King (w/fireplace) or Main Lodge Suite Room, 2 massages each (1 per person, per day), a bottle of champagne, and all meals, taxes and gratuity. They did a good job at not pressuring you to tip more (as it was included), for example: the spa had the price and tip clearly delineated on each spa card so you had confidence the therapist was actually going to see the money.

FOOD:
The food was really excellent, and there was plenty of it. You could order from the menu or have from a great buffet for breakfast and lunch (make sure to check the back room food offerings too). The Sunday brunch was top notch. Dinner was formal - jackets a must for the men - and the menu choices for a full 4 courses were superb and filling... Another couple got engaged at the table next to us on our first night, so that was a fun experience!

The INN vs. the MAIN LODGE:
The Inn was nice (2nd floor much better), but not quite as "new" as I had thought, especially for the price. They could really use some new carpeting all around the entire resort. But at least in the Main Lodge it blends, in the Inn it looks worn. But the rooms were sizable, well appointed, had balconies and some (like ours) have a great gas fireplace. We didn't mind the walk (5-10 min along a lighted path) and only took the shuttle once. If you are there in the summer, and are into swimming, the Inn is adjacent to the swim lake so that may work for you. Or if you play golf as it also contains the Pro Shop and the 1st hole. We're happy we stayed there, but next time we'd stay in the Main Lodge despite losing the in-room fireplace.

The Cottages & General Room Info:
The Cottages looked nice, but they were close together and many part of the same physical structure. If you have a big family gathering and want to be all together this may be good, otherwise I'd suggest the Main Lodge or the Inn... In general the rooms are a quirky and not cookie cutter so try to be as specific as possible when booking, or just dont worry about it as your overall experience will be a good one.

SPA:
Excellent massages. Very relaxing. Could use some updating but a very nice experience for sure.

ACTIVITIES:
There is a ton to do, on site, for adults and kids, just look at their webpage. But boardgames and books in the beautiful great room or on the rocking chair porch went a long way. A nice glass of wine on the sofa listening to Saturday night band and with the fireplace roaring was perfect.

PRICE:
My biggest gripe was the price for everything just took a little away from the experience. We got a lot included, the service was super friendly, the place looked wonderful, and we had a great relaxing weekend in the old world feel we were looking for - even so I couldn't help feeling like ... well ... it just cost too much.

OVERALL:
SkyTop was a find.

Room Tip: Main Lodge older, but elegant. The INN has more modern and bigger rooms (some with fireplaces), but...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Douglas H, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear samdogNY,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that overall we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Thank you for providing feedback with respect to your accommodations. We will take your comments into consideration of future redesign of our guest rooms.

Our team strives to preserve Skytop’s historic charm and natural beauty while providing our guests with world-class service. I will be sure to share your comments with them. They will be glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Skytop soon.

Lehigh Valley, Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just got home from an anniversary weekend with hubby. The resort is very old school and we love that. We stay at historic hotels whenever we can. The staff is top notch. The food is good but not modern or off the charts, just good. The only comment for dining I would have is our wine steward served a merlot to my husband in a white wine glass, twice. I would have thought she knew better The grounds are awesome and we hiked over 12 miles of trails. It would have been the perfect weekend EXCEPT, the noise level is horrible. We stayed in the inn and the walls are paper thin. The family next to us had teenage girls in the room, they were loud, banged on the doors because they never had their keys and woke us up friday night. Saturday night sucked. We were beat and went to bed early. Once the bar closed at midnight, there were groups of people out on the back patio making noise all night. I had to call the front desk 3 times to get them to move. Our room was so hot with out the heat on, you have to have the window open or it's close to 75 in the room. The staff apologized and again when I complained this morning at check out. I understand the hotel can not control the guests, but security should have been checking the back patio so I didnt have to get up an call 3 times.(The last was at 2am!) Comping one night of drinks would have gone a long way to sooth us.We just got a smile and sympathy. I can say we won't be back. If you decide to stay here, don't stay in the hotel if you want a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Dont' stay in the Inn. Opt for the cottages. You can hear every conversation next door and the d...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Douglas H, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear lmw9767,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your visit.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay. Please contact me at (570) 595-8909 at your convenience. I trust that we will be able to regain your confidence in Skytop.

Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Booked this absolutely wonderful resort through Travelzoo vouchers to celebrate our daughter's 40th. It was one of the best weekends away that we have ever spent. There was lots available to do, but no pressure to do anything. The Lodge was pre-decorated for the Holidays and was just stunning. The furniture was well used but very comfortable and welcoming. All staff members were very, very nice and helpful. The meals were top of the line and the service was excellent. We have been on several cruises, and we enjoyed this more. We had two girls (5 and 2) with us, and they were accommodated/spoiled at every turn. We cannot describe the beauty and grace that Skytop embodies. It is true that the Lodge is older, but that, to us, was part of the charm. There are nooks and crannies in the rooms, and they are very nicely appointed.. Can't wait to be able to return.

Room Tip: Our rooms adjoined on the third floor and were just lovely.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear bismarker,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in relation to your recent visit. Skytop is the perfect getaway for family celebrations and I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations. I shared your kind remarks with our team today and they are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to meeting you on a future visit.

Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is an old school resort, they reserve the same seat for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a well trained staff (they were extremely helpful) in a well appointed dining room - the foods impeccable. There's also a pub and an old style ice cream bar - but keep in mind everything is pricey( $8/$9 milkshakes). The building and grounds are stunning - you feel like you could bump into a Rockefeller. There's also plenty to do - archery , beautiful swim lake & pools in / out . They have there own private ski mountain and since it was summer we enjoyed their mountain Zip Lines - thrilling. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it can be quite expensive - though the meals included in your price could easily cost $130 -$140 a day in the outside world. Either way if you go - you'll enjoy yourself.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear daniel b,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with respect to your recent stay. Our team endeavors to preserve Skytop’s historic charm and natural beauty while providing our guests with world-class service. I shared your review with them today and they were glad to learn you enjoyed your visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Despite the mishap upon arrival with the desk clerk giving us keys to a cottage that was already occupied, our stay was one of the best ever. It was quite cozy with a very comfortable king bed, vintage furnishings and fireplace. The porch was larger than expected to enjoy the outdoors by the stream. The historical lodge was amazing. We kept calling it the castle. The meals were incredible, even for my husband who does not prefer fancy food or formal dining. The grounds were beautiful, especially the lake, garden and trails. I highly recommend visiting in the autumn for the scenery. However, it seems to be their off season, with having less available during the weekdays.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ennzy,

Thank you for your feedback. Our team endeavors to preserve Skytop’s historic charm and natural beauty while providing our guests with world-class service. I shared your review with them today and they were glad to learn you enjoyed your stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced upon check-in. I am glad that our Front Desk team was able to resolve the situation to your satisfaction.

I look forward to meeting you on a future visit.

Vice President & General Manager

Been to Skytop Lodge? Share your experiences!