“Where's the manager?” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Italian, Seafood
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
“Where's the manager?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have been to Mal's for breakfast before and the food is good. The last time we went we arrived about 11:30 am so it was split between breakfast and lunch on this Sunday. I ordered breakfast and my wife ordered lunch. The waiter was young and seemed inexperienced, but he was trying. He brought my drink and waters then had to be asked to bring my wife her coffee. We noticed that the tables around us ordered right before we did so when they got their orders our waiter said ours would soon be up. At that time it was about 30 minutes since we ordered. He came back and refilled our drinks and said he would check on our order which by that time had been 45 minutes. Finally, at 12:30 pm I got up and found him chatting with others. He smiled and said he didn't know what was taking so long. I asked him to cancel our food and he said he would cancel the check. Not once did the manager, if there was one, came by to check nor did the manager have to override the cancelation. I offered to pay for the drinks but the waiter said he was sorry, but these things happen so he canceled the entire bill and we left.

I wondered why no manager came to ask or why the waiter was so accepting of the long ticket time. Is this something that happens from time to time at Mal's? We are local and may come back to this place, but it seems you may have to accept that there is some likelihood that you will not receive a meal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

PA
“Good neighborhood diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have been to this place more times than I can remember, over several years. I am surprised at some of the negative reviews. The food is typical diner fare. The prices are reasonable. Service is friendly and good. The grandkids love the chocolate chip pancakes.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Beware of the charges they tack on to your bill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went there for lunch and used a Visa card to pay my bill. When I checked my bank statement later, they tacked on a 20% charge on my visa. Even tho my receipt does not show that amount, that is what they charged me. I called right away and they said there is a sign saying they are going to charge for you using your card. They said it was MY bank charging this and they usually will credit me back in 3 days but in the event the bank doesn't, I should call Mal's back and they will work with me. I have never heard of anything like this in my life. If they don't credit my account, there will be a news team out front of that place. I will NEVER go there again and you get a lot of business via word of mouth. I have a big mouth and it won't be anything good coming out of it. They said they have been getting a lot of calls over this, don't u think u might want to get a bigger sign. DUH!!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Skippack, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced, unprofessional and Incompetent!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I wish I could give this so called "Resturaunt", a negative rating. They are rude, overpriced and ran by a bunch of idiots, they never get our order right. It never fails every time we go there, there is some kind of mistake. The management is not accommodating when they make mistakes. I will never go back to this place again after giving them several attempts to give us a pleasurable experience.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida
“so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband likes this pace…not one of my favorite but the Taco salad is very good. Average food, not expensive as Skippack Restaurants go and a good place for families.

Visited September 2013