“Great food!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farm House Restaurant At Skippack Golf Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Skippack
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cedars Rd.
Norristown, Pennsylvania
“Great food!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I like to try different places for dinner. I've played golf here dozens of times but never thought about going for dinner. Atmosphere was nice, warm and cozy, not very big. Nice little bar. Bartender was very nice and so were the waitresses. We got there a little early so we had a drink at the bar and as we were ready to be seated, I was going to pay the tab but the bartender said he would just transfer it to our dinner bill (which was fine, until...). I should've paid for our 2 drinks because then I would've known how expensive they were and we probably wouldn't have ordered another of the same. I mean, I know we were drinking Kettle One martini's but at $12 a drink, I thought I was in NY. Maybe $9-$10 a drink but $12..a little much for this type of place (just my opinion). Basically $48 plus tip for 4 drinks.....really?
The ahi tuna appitizer was awesome as was the filet I had for dinner. My filet was cooked to perfection. My wife had the beet salad w/ goat cheese and spinich (deeeelish) and the butter nut squash ravioli's for dinner. And they were out of this world good. Everything was very tasty and our waitress was great. We told her to make sure she tells the cooks how wonderful our meal was. Would we go back...ABSOLUTELY....will we drink something different.....ABSOLUTELY. Thank you for a very nice evening.
They also gave us a $10 gc for our next visit. See ya soon!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Norristown, Pennsylvania
“Would go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Small, warm and cozy atmosphere. We went on a Friday night and sat at the bar to enjoy a martini before dinner, the bartendar was very nice and welcoming as a matter of fact all the staff was. We paid $12 for the martini which I consider high price even though it was well made. We were seated and had a very pleasant waitress. I ordered the roasted beet and goat cheese salad (WOW) and the butternut squash ravioli in a mushroom cream sauce with roasted peppers...my mouth is watering again (EXCELLENT). Hubby ordered seared tuna app. (YUM) and filet that melted in his mouth (PERFECTLY COOKED). Again the prices are a bit high but the food was very good. We weren't in Philly only in Skippack for the prices but then again we plan to go back, wont get a martini next time will go with the bloody Mary. When we got the bill they included a $10 GC for your next visit, thought that wa very nice. They also have tables outside to enjoy lunch or a nice dinner and nice night. It's a hidden treasure on a beautiful golf course...I say go for it!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Valley Forge, PA
“The total package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hidden away is this wonderfully warm old farmhouse. The staff could not be any friendlier. The food isnt the very best I have had, but it is tasty, nicely plated, warm and cold where appropriate, and the prices are moderate. We recently were a party of five, asking for a last minute seating on a Saturday night! They were able to do that for us, and we all had a wonderful time. This was my second time dinging there. The first was last year, and we dined outside on the patio....very nice.
We WILL most certainly return....and often....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We went here for lunch.
Upon entering there was a very musty odor to the place.
There was only one other table occupied, but there was a bar crowd and the people were quite loud. I'd hate to hear how loud it gets in there when the place is full. I was surprised by how small the place was.
Even though there was only one other occupied table (and they left shortly after we ordered), service was NOT good. Our server was more interested in chatting with the people at the bar than in serving us.
We started with the calamari which was chewy and very salty.
I had the fish of the day for my meal and it was wonderful. My friend had a grilled cheese which was fantastic....Melted Brie & Swiss, Caramelized Apples & Onions smeared with Honey Dijon and grilled between two slices of Semolina Bread.
I might give this place a second chance, but not for a while.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I was there for dinner with six family members. We experienced average fare, high prices, poor service, and an excessive gratuity added to the bill. We should have gone to the Osteria.