“I was downright lied too.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Walnut Bottom Road, Shippensburg, PA 17257 (Formerly AmeriHost Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shippensburg
Traverse City, Michigan
“I was downright lied too.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I don't see any dates on these reviews listed but I know for a fact what has been said here wasn't the case when I stayed there on 3/30/2014. I deliberately chose this place because they advertised and offered a sauna, a hot tub and a pool. The pictures of this BW look great on the internet. The pool is not near as big as it looks, the whirlpool was broken, and looked like it had been for some time. I was told they didn't know when it would be fixed. When I entered my room, a two-bed room, there was one chair to sit on. I called and asked the girl at the desk why there wasn't another chair in the room. She said each room only had one chair. The chair was not a computer chair but a table chair, not even comfortable. I said where am I supposed to sit? She didn't know that's the way all the rooms were with one chair. I asked if she could get me another one and was told emphatically only one chair per room. The next day as I was walking the hall to go pay my bill, the ladies were cleaning right next to my room....and several other doors were open down the hallway. Every room I looked at had two chairs in the room. The girl at the front desk literally lied to me about the chair. I am not impressed with this place, the rooms aren't nothing fancy. I would have to be hard pressed to go back here. I asked them why they don't tell people on the internet when their pools etc. aren't functioning. I always choose my hotels by the accommodation's that are appealing to me and my needs. Not to let people know the amenities aren't available at the moment is not good for business.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We take great pride in our property and our staff. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future. Many of our guests have been pleased with our hotel as noted in the reviews. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests. I appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was one of the best hotel I have stayed in Shippensburg. Great pool with hot tub. Great full hot breakfast with superb breakfast staff. Super guest service. Rooms were clean and comfortable. They even helped me after checkout, which not too many hotel believe in now a days.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Scott W, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post these comments about our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and thank you for the kind words you've shared about your experience. I will be sure to share these comments with my team. We look forward to seeing you again when you're in the Shippensburg area.

Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This BW meets all expectations that BW offers. We choose BW as they welcome 4 legged pals. There is a good clean area to walk the dog on the perimeter of the hotel. The pool and hot tub are always in top shape and located in a wonderful vaulted room with large windows. The BW breakfast offered is tasty, with good ingredients and well presented. The room is kept very tidy by a pleasant staff member. We feel as if we are coming home when we stay at a BW as certain attributes are a common theme.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Scott W, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2014

Leonia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

In recent years, I've stayed at a number of Best Western hotels along the East coast, and the Best Western in Shippensburg was one of the top two. The rooms were clean, the staff was very helpful and polite, both at check-in and check-out, at times going out of their way, for example, to help us find milk for the baby. And the woman who maintained the breakfast room was also helpful to us and we could see that she displayed the same pleasant helpful attitude to all other guests as well.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Scott W, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post these comments about our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and thank you for the kind words you've shared about our staff. I will be sure to share these comments with my team. We look forward to seeing you again when you're in the Shippensburg area.

Blandon, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The front desk was very helpful. The breakfast was generous with enough seats to accommodate many people. Close to town and the college. We did not use the pool or fitness center. Several stores nearby if you forgot anything; several restaurants to choose from.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was in a trip road with my family. I was so tired to continue driving and I stopped in this exit. The worker at the front desk was very helpful. I personally recommend this hotel, very clean. The w staff were courteous. The breakfast was good and the best feature, the indoor pool.

Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We found this hotel very good value for Best Western and it boasts the best indoor pool in the area. We agree, its nice and situated off the lobby of the hotel.

Room was nicely outfitted with wall mounted television, large armoire, fridge and microwave. The bathroom was a little small, but the wash sink was outside the bathroom and more functional.

Breakfast bar is at the rear of the main floor and there are not signs indicating where it is located, you have to inquire at the desk. For this reason, 24 hr coffee not available, (which would be nice after a long drive) In room coffee is just that and can't compare with perked coffee usually provided in the lobby of most places.

The check in staff was one girl who was very helpful on checkin and courteous to all considering, she was alone and had numerous people checking in.

I would recommend this hotel for overnight. Not many outside restaurants in Shippensburg that we could see and the main bar in town was full so we had to opt for pizza take out.

Good place for overnight....honoured coupon for discounted rate

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014

Scott W, Assistant Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!