“Great stay!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Walnut Bottom Road, Shippensburg, PA 17257 (Formerly AmeriHost Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shippensburg
Mt.Union
“Great stay!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We was very pleased when we checked in ...Janet at the front desk was fantastic....very helpful and FRIENDLY......our room was very nice and clean ....our time here was great.....Breakfast was good ...very surprised with the variety.....VERY YUMMY.....WILL STAY HERE NEXT TIME WE ARE IN TOWN!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ty W, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We appreciate hearing that our staff did a great job in making your stay with us a pleasant one. We cannot wait for your return. See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a couple months ago and the hotel was not up to my standards. The staff was friendly but not very helpful when I asked for directions and nearby hotels. My room was clean but the carpet smelled which turned me off to the whole room. However, when I came back last week there was a miraculous difference. The staff was extremely helpful and the room was perfect. Any questions I had they were more than happy to answer for me. I asked the front desk associate what had changed and she told me that they just hired a new manager. I didn't get to meet him but he is obviously doing a wonderful job so far and I can't wait to stay here again. Hopefully I'll get a chance to tell him in person what a spectacular job he is doing with this hotel. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Ty W, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We were very pleased to hear that your stay with us this time around was a great one. The staff we currently have is very dedicated to making each guest feel as welcome as possible. We hope that you return very soon for the same great experience. Thanks again.
Carlisle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I will stay here again!!! The staff was very friendly and willing to help with every request! The room was clean, comfortable and well supplied! The pool was awesome and my daughters spent 3 hours in the pool last night and then slept perfectly all night! Breakfast was wonderful with lots of selections. I would recommend this Best Western to anyone who needs to stay a night in Shoppensburg, PA!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. We were happy to hear that your stay with us was a great one. We are working very hard to make sure every guest's experience is as positive as yours. We hope to see you again very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Janet at the desk was the best. The room was so clean I think Janet said Sadi had cleaned the room I stayed in. I loved the pool. Bfast was great. The only think I think they need is non smoking. Janet was great she even walked me to my room witch I think was the best part. Very nice hotel the staff always said hello and was on top of whatever I needed

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We were happy to hear that you took notice of the staff's kindness and courtesy. We hope to see you again very soon. Thanks again!
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel was, in a word, unpleasant. Our room was dirty. There was hair and dust on the giant Jacuzzi that occupied a large portion of the room's floor space. The carpet had numerous cigarette burns, as did the bathtub. The bathroom was minuscule -- I'd guess no more than 16 square feet of space. Because of the small floor area, the sink had to be located outside the bathroom, in the room's sleeping area, but this meant that someone washing their hands in the middle of the night was guaranteed to disturb the sleep of other occupants.

The furniture looked like something purchased at a yard sale. Overall, the room, and the hotel itself, had a tired, worn, spirit-crushing atmosphere.

Our room, which was described as a "suite" on the hotel's website, had a "sitting area" consisting of a small wooden table with rickety legs and two wooden straight chairs. The balcony, another of the room's touted features, opened onto the hotel's indoor pool, meaning the echoing sound of children playing was clearly audible.

There were a couple of things I did like about the hotel. First, the bed was quite comfortable. Second, the hotel is located close to I-81, an advantage if you happen to be travelling on that highway.

Breakfast is included in the room's price. If you have the misfortune of staying in the hotel, I recommend that during breakfast you stick to the pre-packaged breakfast items, such as cereal or yogurt in containers. Anything cooked, such as the eggs, will be unpalatable.

Unless you have a good reason to stay in Shippensburg specifically, I would recommend that you stay instead in Chambersburg, only 15 minutes away on I-81. Chambersburg, being a larger town, has a much better selection of hotels.

I've never stayed at a Best Western hotel before. I have no idea if they are all like this one, but if I have any choice at all, I won't be staying at another anytime soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We were sorry to hear that your stay with us was an unpleasant one. We take every review and criticism very seriously. We will be working through the issues that you experienced during your stay and correcting them as best we can. We would like to invite you back to our hotel if you are ever in the area again. The staff and I would greatly appreciate a second shot at your satisfaction. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Central NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We've stayed here several times now, and each visit has been consistently great. We have stayed in mostly the King rooms. Some were very recently updated, all had flat screen tvs and newer bedding. Very clean, quiet. The best part has been the price. We've just recently paid (1/13 and 2/13) only $65 (this was a AAA rate and included tax) for a Friday and Saturday night stay. Where can you stay anywhere for that price in a clean, safe hotel. There's a beautiful and well-kept pool and spa. Breakfast in the morning includes eggs, sausage, waffles, etcetera and is actually quite good. If you're in this area, stay at this hotel. It's at least $20 to $30 cheaper than the BW in nearby Chambersburg or Carlisle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We always appreciate hearing that we did a good job. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our many amenities at our hotel. We can't wait to see you again. Thanks again!

Been to BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!