“Average at Best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel

Priceline.com Travelocity
BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Walnut Bottom Road, Shippensburg, PA 17257 (Formerly AmeriHost Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Shippensburg
“Average at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Front desk was slow at check in. Rooms were adequate. Walls are thin so you can hear everything from the other rooms and hallways. Breakfast was nice, eggs, fruit, waffles, cereal and coffee and starts at 6 a.m.
Noticed mouse/rat poison traps outside of doors. Didn't see anything inside.
They have smoking rooms on the 2nd floor and the hallways smell. First floor was fine no smell.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ty W, Manager at BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel as this is the best souce for guest feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our deluxe continental breakfast. However, we apologize that your stay was disrupted by certain issues. I will be sharing your feedback with my staff so that together we can work to correct these problems. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dover, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The good - they have a small indoor pool and a nice hot tub - very relaxing after a hard day. The bad - the room was dirty: hair in the tub, lots of dust bunnies along the walls, stained coverlet on the bed, and a ripped curtain. The hotel could use some major cleaning. Also, at every turn there is a huge tip jar or a tip envelope which I found annoying. There was no way I was going to tip the cleaning crew! The desk staff was verty nice and admitted they were having problems with employees that don't want to clean - so why not let them go and get folks that can do their job?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ty W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff immediately. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our indoor pool and that the front desk staff was courteous to you. We apologize for our room's cleanliness not being up to standard at the time of your stay. We will work hard to ensure that we improve in these areas. Please do not hesistate to give us another try in the future.
Lake Montezuma, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Found the motel easily about 1/4 mile off I-81 so it was away from the major interstate and quieter than many others. The woman who checked us in was polite and helpful to find a place to eat. There was also a swimming pool and whirlpool available. The room was clean and well appointed with amenities like a microwave, and free internet (which seems to be a standard now.) Although we did not have a table to use as a dining table (we ordered in), I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great breakfast because of good folks taking care and managing the place. Prices changed in less than three weeks in every catagory I looked at and we stayed in a lesser room for a few dollars more on this trip. A touch aggravating and how making up two doubles is cheaper for them than one king or queen I will never understand. Second stay had some trash under the bed stand lip and a puddle between the toilet and bath tub, indicating a pretty superficial cleaning, and the first stay had an inoperable alarm/radio. But everything else was good. Cooling/heating unit was quieter than most in both rooms as weree the small fridge. Beds were comfortable, pillows a bit wanting. Off the highway by a mile plus, and this helps this location be a bit quieter. Still easy to find and get in/out. Noticed another guest had a hard time extending for an hour to acccomodate changing time for a wake. The managemnet excuse was lame and this was a mistake on their part, especially on a holiday weekend. Probably wouldn't stay if I needed flexibility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

tillson ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed the night of 11/2/12 and was charged 5 times for the room. Almost 3 weeks later still not resolved. Apparently this has happened before, see November and July comments below. Irresponsible manager leaves it to front desk staff to handle irate customers. He does not return calls. I am letting everyone at Shippensburg Univ know not to use this hotel. Luckily, my credit card company is helping me out. No help from these scoundrels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Oak City, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed one night and hotel charged my card for 4 nights. I have called every day to get my money refunded. Manager will not return my calls. Front desk employees told me that I wasn't the only one overcharged. I even called the main customer service line and no one seems to be able to help. Don't let the cheap rates fool you into staying at this hotel. Just multiply that cheap rate by 4 or 5 nights. Ended up being the most expensive hotel I stay at during my travels.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!