“I'm afraid to tell everyone how great this place is as I won't get a room!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary
You added Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary to your Saves list
121 Santosha Lane, East Stroudsburg Pa 18301, Shawnee on Delaware, PA 18356   |
Philadelphia, PA
“I'm afraid to tell everyone how great this place is as I won't get a room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Lovely, lovely, lovely. So relaxing with comfortable beds, great views and the breakfast is amazing. We have been to Santosha 4 times now and you will not be disappointed! The innkeeper is super sweet and they are accommodating to us vegetarians:)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Santa Cruz, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed only one night, and hope to go back for 4 or 5 nights next time we're in the area. We happened to arrive during a tremendous downpour, which made getting up the road a bit unnerving, but the stay was otherwise great. Incredible upstairs room with great views, which we really appreciated when the thunder and lightning came along in the middle of the night.

The hosts were very engaging and wonderful; they left us alone, and were there for us when we asked, i.e. perfect service. The vibe of the place was great: restful and relaxed. Good recommendations for dining and hiking in the area, and a lovely breakfast shared with the other guests.

I can't think of any place in that area I'd rather stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunrise. Highly recommended.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I searched around a while before stumbling across Santosha, and when I read the reviews I figured, there's probably a reason it pretty much only has 5-star ratings. Well, it's because this is one of the nicest places you'll ever stay. I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend somewhere in the Poconos where you could see a beautiful sunset while enjoying nature. Upon arrival and a tour of the house, I immediately scrapped my plans and said to myself, "This is where I'm going to propose--it's perfect." And just to ease your curiosity, she said yes :-))

We stayed in the sunrise room. It was impeccably clean, artistically decorated, quiet and spacious. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (I'd say more so than any Westin Resort). The bathroom was elegant with a turn of the century bathtub and a dual head shower. Perfect.

The breakfast was so good I woke up looking forward to it immediately. Very healthy options were served--this is not your typical bacon sausage and eggs buffet.

The last main point I'd like to make is that the innkeeper, Leslie, gives the best advice on what to do, where to go, and where to eat. Trust her. It worked well for me :-)

This is a truly unique place and I'm definitely going to come back the next time I want to relax in contentment.

Room Tip: Sunrise room. Best sleep of my life.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was the perfect mid way weekend getaway location for my girlfriend and I; she lives in NY and I in PA so based on the previous reviews, we decided to give Santosha a chance....indeed we were not disappointed! The Inn was so perfectly decorated; the setting serene and peaceful; the room was warm and tasteful and our hostess Amy, was the icing on the cake (as were her gourmet breakfast creations)!! Thank you Santosha and Amy for a fabulous weekend and the opportunity to create beautiful new memories! We look forward to a return trip!
Tracy and Karen

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Took my girlfriend here for a quick getaway. We wanted a few days of relaxation and nature.

The place was perfect. The hosts were ultra welcoming and uber helpful in explaining what restaurants, parks, and attractions are in the area. The breakfast was delicious. The cookies were superb.

The soap was awesome, too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
spalover30
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We agree with all of the positive reviews other travellers have shared. We were there for only one night a few weeks back. This was our first B&B experience and we had concerns about the owner or guests being overly chatty/intrusive. That was not the case. There were also other young couples there during our stay which was another factor we were unsure of going in. The owners were very low-key and the guests were friendly, but in no way did anything feel forced.
We dined at the brew pub down the way and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meal. It was above the average pub food we were expecting.
As others have stated, everything was clean, quiet, and peaceful at Santosha. Very thoughtful. One thing of note is bring your swimsuits. We did not notice on the website that a hot tub was available and found out upon arrival. Next time!
We especially enjoyed the leaving ritual the inn provides. Just a cool place. We felt like we got away for much longer than one day.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunrise room and it was amazing!
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Roebling, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I don't know if it's a blessing or a sin that more people don't know about Santosha.

Our only goal for our two day getaway was to do nothing but be in nature and relax. This place was perfect! Breakfast was amazing and was considerately prepared to our dietary needs, the rooms were impeccably clean and had just the right amenities to keep us focused on the natural setting without shocking our systems, and the people that run Santosha are just very nice people!

We look forward to the day we return!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary? Share your experiences!