“Beautiful scenery” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort

You added The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort to your Saves list
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Shawnee Inn Drive, P.O. Box 67, Shawnee on Delaware, PA 18356   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manasquan, New Jersey
“Beautiful scenery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We just got back from 4 days at the Inn. We rented a Standard room at a low rate. For the rate the room was very comfy and clean. It was small and there was no refrigerator which made it difficult to keep the milk that I purchased (to go along with the supplied coffee maker and a coffee) cold.

The Inn had great family activities for free- we learned archery, rode golf carts on a tour of property, had a campfire with s'mores and played frisbee on the lawn during a free concert. Very family friendly place.

They have rafting trips for rent right on the property. You can swim in the river, or just read on the front porch. Overall a very nice place. Would definitely return!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are small, bathroom are tiny.
Green Features: Hotel recycled which is great! Naturalistic and environmentally friendly :)
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Rob H, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Dear Dawndev: Thank you for staying with us and writing about your experience. We have many recreational opportunities for guests to enjoy. Our beds are comfortable and guest rooms well appointed. As we begin to look at upgrades to the resort, I am sure will be considering refrigerators in more of our guest rooms. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Warren
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

The facility was clean and neat, but the staff, while efficient, did not deliver a 4-star experience, which is what I expected for the price I paid for our sleeping room. The sleeping rooms were small and there was a lot of sound that carried over from the neighboring room.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rob H, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Dear Steven O: I apologize for the less then expected service you received. There is no excuse. The employee mission for our staff is to provide exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity. Please rest assured we will continue to tale about exceptional guest service everyday. Our resort is over 100 years old; our rooms have character they cannot be found in chain hotels. Each and every room is different in their own way. Please be patient as we are trying to update and restore these rooms without losing our charm. I hope you can appreciate our history and the changes we are making to improve by trying us again in the future.
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We 've been to Shawnee Inn many times and it continues to deliver! We normally are there for ski season bug this time chose to go during summer which is busy season for them. There was a wealth of things to do including kayaking. &

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 2chixmommy: I’m very pleased you choose to visit us in a different season as each season we offer a variety of unique activities. I hope you took advantage of our award winning golf courses or used the river adventures to float down the Delaware. Some guests join us just to relax on the veranda and take part in our camp fire and smores at night in every season. I look forward to seeing you this coming ski season and thank you for your kind words.
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My room was not ready at time needed and I had to dress into my wedding gown in a small board room with no air conditioning and no mirrors. Very upset
And annoyed with the whole situation. My self and my wedding party was very inconvenienced on such a very special day.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Christina M. I am so sorry this happened to you on your special day. I am embarrassed and cannot understand how you could end up in a room with no air conditioning. I trust that your ceremony and reception were beautiful and this did not ruin your special day. We certainly only wish you and the groom a long happy and healthy life together.
River Edge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

just don't kayak. I truly don't want to add more of a review, however - this page won't let me submit until I add 200 characters. really? we so wanted to enjoy Shawnee, but...now I can't even inform you of our troubles with the river trip area without adding 200 characters. I simply can't understand this!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Maureen G: I apologize for your experience with our river trip operation. After I saw this review I spoke directly with the manager and he could recall the incident as well. Your experience was certainly one that we do not want any guest to have. I am sorry that his attempts to solve your issues were not up to your standards. It is certainly not how we want our guests to feel. The river is a beautiful place and something that people should experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity.
New Ringgold
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

It is hard to imagine a better setting in which to improve your golfing skills. The quality of the instruction was outstanding, the accommodations were clean and comfortable, the meals were well prepared and delivered promptly. The breakfast buffet was the best I have ever experienced. A five star experience and I will return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear William H. Thank you for your review. We believe that Shawnee is a great golf destination and we are delighted that you concur. Our destination even got better when we added another 18 hole golf course to the family (Great Bear, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Design). Come again to learn, stay and play.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I found this resort on trip advisor and although I was skeptical of some of the feedback, the views looked amazing!! And for the price I decided to try it out. The hotel itself could use some updating, (if your on the high maintenance side of life) but it didn't bother us at all, the views and relaxing atmosphere was amazing. Was an overall great family experience.
PS: And as in some of the other reviews, yes, the pillows and the beds are very comfy!!

• Stayed August 2014
Nicole h: Thank you for taking a chance on our resort. I believe an experience is what you make of it. Here at Shawnee we provide exceptional service in a beautiful setting. Our resort is historic which means that it has been around for 100 years so it is not a newly built structure. We are continuously working on improvements and hope that if you are a regular guest you see and appreciate these efforts. Come visit us again to enjoy our magical atmosphere and see our improvements.

Been to The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!