My wife and daughter and I spent a recent Saturday night(February 2013) at the Shawnee Inn and had a wonderful time. We arrived early in order to ski at the nearby mountain and we were allowed to check in several hours in advance. After a day of skiing we returned to the hotel and were pleasantly surprised to find a piano player in the lobby for most of the evening. We enjoyed some cocktails in the lobby sitting area listening to the wonderful music before getting ready to head for dinner. I requested a river view room and was ecsatic to wake up , open the curtains and see not one, but two bald eagles perched in a nearby tree. It was a rare treat for me and my daughter and a great way to start another great day of skiing.
The room was great and the bed and pillows very comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and courteous, especially the front desk staff and bellhop(did not get his name). We love this great old Inn and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort in the Pocono Mountains - Discover the historic Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, a unique destination for golf, skiing, vacations and meetings. Located only 75 miles from New York City in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, the resort is set amidst the splendor of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Championship golf, breathtaking views, and some of the finest dining in the Pocono Mountains are only a small part of the Shawnee experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shawnee Inn And Golf Resort
- Shawnee Inn & Golf Hotel Shawnee On Delaware
- Shawnee Hotel On Delaware