“Better than Average” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Depuy Townhouses

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Depuy Townhouses
You added Depuy Townhouses to your Saves list
1 River Road, Shawnee on Delaware, PA   |
Texas
“Better than Average”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Since some of the reviews here are pretty negative, I was expecting a rundown house. That was not the case. The unit we stayed in had been upgraded and renovated. The furniture and carpet were new and the appliances new as well. The wrap around porches allow for a relaxing place to visit or just chill out with a good book. Close to some great restaurants. It's my understanding that Wyndham is in the process of revitalizing all the units. Enjoyed all the activities, especially the early morning water aerobics at their indoor swimming pool. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a quiet, beautiful place to get away. This is my first review, but I've traveled extensively around the United States.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated unit.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kanata, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I too can't beleive this is a wyndham time share property. I have been to many others but none were like this. Rustic does not even begin to excuse the one unit of two we had for our family. Both were in Dupuy. Our unit wasn't bad only the odd cobweb here and there and a friendly mouse but its the country and I expect that however the unit we had for our daughter and grandchildren was disgusting. It was dated,dirty(needed vacumming on checkin), the seat cushions on the couch were ripped, the carpets were stained, my daughter not wanting to make a scene vacummed right away then settled children in, the walls outside had green moss growing on them. In our unit the shampoos in the bathroom were half full leaving us to assume they had been used already.At checkin the woman at the front desk seemed overwhelmed and confused and didn't seem to know what she was doing, she had our reservation and the person who was in front of us going at the same time time it seemed and kept mixing things up. Our grandson came down with a stomach flu at the beginning of the week and by the end of the week our granddaughter and my husband had it too. Both children came home with lice in their hair. We had a friend with us as well as our extended family and I was embarrassed to have brought them to such a horrid place as an example of Wyndham timeshares. They were not impressed that we were kept over 4 hrs at the presentation place drawing up contracts. All in all not a satisfied customer at all. Wyndham should not have this area on their rentals if they want to keep up their reputation. I understand that only a small part of the property is actually owned by Wyndham perhaps thats the only part they should rent out not this part for sure.

Room Tip: don't book Dupuy try Crestview the units there seemed nicer on the outside anyways
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can't believe this was a Wyndham time share. I will never stay in the Depuy houses again. We were in the semi attached, shared porch on one side. They are dated, dirty and far from the pool, games etc. I am sure in the 70's they were stylish but they have not been updated since. There were dead bugs by the window in the master bathroom, spider webs above the curtains in the dining area, holes in the walls. The set up is weird, you walk in and there are steps to the right, left and straight in front. The only thing that was good was the washer and dryer in the unit. The washer broke and they replaced it within 40 minutes. The maintenance staff was very nice. There is no family bathroom. One woman came into the women's room with 2 tween boys. Very uncomfortable for me and my 3 year old daughter. My husband had to take my 3 year old daughter to the mens room because I was not there. I am sure the men were uncomfortable to see that as well. We were there Easter week so I can't really complain about how crowded it was. There are nicer Wyndham properties in Shawnee, stay in one of those.

Room Tip: Rooms somewhere other than Depuy are best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

At check-in I thought I was in for a disaster, but I was pleasantly surprised with our stay. If we had a problem they were quick to fix it. There is so much to do right in the area. The week went by so fast. We had a great time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Hard to believe this is a Wyndham property. The furnishings are dated, but that is not the problem. The writing is on the wall literary, pencil drawings, carvings in the wood doors. There has been zero invested or maintained, the lighting abysmal, showering in near darkness, windows with caked on dirt. Everything is rotting away from the exterior door frame to the deck. The entrance is framed by a web of spider webs and dirt. All of the dated and amenities are a drive away and are being kept on life support. Stay away.

• Stayed August 2012
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed and skied the Poconos about 6 of 8 of the past Feb breaks. We've stayed in Shawnee Village about 4 times, mostly River Village 1. I thought I'd try this place since the River 1 units are right on top of each other, and we had noisy families the last two stays. DePuty 2 are semi attached, some detached. Our unit has a washer/dryer in it, which made it a plus. The unit seemed newer than the River 1 & 2s. Fairly decent condition, but not as clean as I would like. The check-in was smooth and friendly, as was a service request (we didn't know how to get the DVD player to work and one of the remotes was missing batteries). Our unit has a real jacuzzi as opposed to the soaking tub in River 1. Looks like this will be our choice until User more reviews about the other Shawnee units.

• Stayed February 2012
Runnemede, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Our home resort is Divi Village in Aruba. However, every other year, we use our RCI exchange points and stay at Shawnee on the Delaware. This vacation, I packed tons of food and cooked every nite. We had our holiday meal watching the snow fall, and enjoying the fireplace. The unit is comfortable and fully stocked. Shawnee Mountain is just a few miles away. We snow-tubed for the first time! The charming Shawnee General Store is right around the corner serving a home-cooked breakfast before hitting the slopes. The resort offers day and evening activities. The indoor pool is clean and heated; the spa is a whirlpool at its best. We enjoyed the wine-tasting, and expecially karaoke night where we met a golden oldie, Nick, from the do-wop group, The Capris. "Hi Nick, loved 'In the Still of the Night.' " A great time was had. We'll be heading back to Shawnee next winter for another terrific vacation.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Depuy Townhouses? Share your experiences!