“"embarassed"” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Depuy Townhouses

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Depuy Townhouses
You added Depuy Townhouses to your Saves list
1 River Road, Shawnee on Delaware, PA   |
Kanata, Canada
“"embarassed"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I too can't beleive this is a wyndham time share property. I have been to many others but none were like this. Rustic does not even begin to excuse the one unit of two we had for our family. Both were in Dupuy. Our unit wasn't bad only the odd cobweb here and there and a friendly mouse but its the country and I expect that however the unit we had for our daughter and grandchildren was disgusting. It was dated,dirty(needed vacumming on checkin), the seat cushions on the couch were ripped, the carpets were stained, my daughter not wanting to make a scene vacummed right away then settled children in, the walls outside had green moss growing on them. In our unit the shampoos in the bathroom were half full leaving us to assume they had been used already.At checkin the woman at the front desk seemed overwhelmed and confused and didn't seem to know what she was doing, she had our reservation and the person who was in front of us going at the same time time it seemed and kept mixing things up. Our grandson came down with a stomach flu at the beginning of the week and by the end of the week our granddaughter and my husband had it too. Both children came home with lice in their hair. We had a friend with us as well as our extended family and I was embarrassed to have brought them to such a horrid place as an example of Wyndham timeshares. They were not impressed that we were kept over 4 hrs at the presentation place drawing up contracts. All in all not a satisfied customer at all. Wyndham should not have this area on their rentals if they want to keep up their reputation. I understand that only a small part of the property is actually owned by Wyndham perhaps thats the only part they should rent out not this part for sure.

Room Tip: don't book Dupuy try Crestview the units there seemed nicer on the outside anyways
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can't believe this was a Wyndham time share. I will never stay in the Depuy houses again. We were in the semi attached, shared porch on one side. They are dated, dirty and far from the pool, games etc. I am sure in the 70's they were stylish but they have not been updated since. There were dead bugs by the window in the master bathroom, spider webs above the curtains in the dining area, holes in the walls. The set up is weird, you walk in and there are steps to the right, left and straight in front. The only thing that was good was the washer and dryer in the unit. The washer broke and they replaced it within 40 minutes. The maintenance staff was very nice. There is no family bathroom. One woman came into the women's room with 2 tween boys. Very uncomfortable for me and my 3 year old daughter. My husband had to take my 3 year old daughter to the mens room because I was not there. I am sure the men were uncomfortable to see that as well. We were there Easter week so I can't really complain about how crowded it was. There are nicer Wyndham properties in Shawnee, stay in one of those.

Room Tip: Rooms somewhere other than Depuy are best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

At check-in I thought I was in for a disaster, but I was pleasantly surprised with our stay. If we had a problem they were quick to fix it. There is so much to do right in the area. The week went by so fast. We had a great time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Hard to believe this is a Wyndham property. The furnishings are dated, but that is not the problem. The writing is on the wall literary, pencil drawings, carvings in the wood doors. There has been zero invested or maintained, the lighting abysmal, showering in near darkness, windows with caked on dirt. Everything is rotting away from the exterior door frame to the deck. The entrance is framed by a web of spider webs and dirt. All of the dated and amenities are a drive away and are being kept on life support. Stay away.

• Stayed August 2012
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed and skied the Poconos about 6 of 8 of the past Feb breaks. We've stayed in Shawnee Village about 4 times, mostly River Village 1. I thought I'd try this place since the River 1 units are right on top of each other, and we had noisy families the last two stays. DePuty 2 are semi attached, some detached. Our unit has a washer/dryer in it, which made it a plus. The unit seemed newer than the River 1 & 2s. Fairly decent condition, but not as clean as I would like. The check-in was smooth and friendly, as was a service request (we didn't know how to get the DVD player to work and one of the remotes was missing batteries). Our unit has a real jacuzzi as opposed to the soaking tub in River 1. Looks like this will be our choice until User more reviews about the other Shawnee units.

• Stayed February 2012
Runnemede, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Our home resort is Divi Village in Aruba. However, every other year, we use our RCI exchange points and stay at Shawnee on the Delaware. This vacation, I packed tons of food and cooked every nite. We had our holiday meal watching the snow fall, and enjoying the fireplace. The unit is comfortable and fully stocked. Shawnee Mountain is just a few miles away. We snow-tubed for the first time! The charming Shawnee General Store is right around the corner serving a home-cooked breakfast before hitting the slopes. The resort offers day and evening activities. The indoor pool is clean and heated; the spa is a whirlpool at its best. We enjoyed the wine-tasting, and expecially karaoke night where we met a golden oldie, Nick, from the do-wop group, The Capris. "Hi Nick, loved 'In the Still of the Night.' " A great time was had. We'll be heading back to Shawnee next winter for another terrific vacation.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

We are owner at the Ridgetop Villas. Every year we pick a week to visit Pocono. This year we select the week from Christmas to New Year for some early snowboarding. The one hour and fifteen minutes drive from Bergen County New Jersey to the resort was very easy on Saturday morning. The check-in was very very, very unsetting. For the many times we check-in to Shawnee Resort and many other timeshare resort. We have never been treated rudely in any manner. The reception was loud, degrading in manner and totally unprofessional. This is not the way we want to start our vacation check-in into our home resort. Anyway, we check-in, get our keys and map. Try to be cool about the whole thing and thinking about putting in a complain with a resort manager. It is hard to justify the quality of a resort based on one employee. Minutes after leaving the reception area, the resort manager approach us to try to understand the interaction between the horribly rude reception and us, the check-in party which is me, my husband and 1 young child. He has come to appoligize for the incident that has taken place. My husband made his point that the check-in process is extremely important to an owner or any exchange party and any rude behavior cannot be ignore. Anyway, we are happy the manager adknowlege the problem and act to assure the guest is happy.

Our two level unit was big. It is in a woodsy area along the upper side of the river along the resort. The unit is clean and comfortable. The living area is large with TV, fireplace. The living room has many sofas but no sofa bed. The fully equipped kitchen has with full size refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster and blender. It also has all the pots, pans, plates, bowls and utensil you will need to fix a good meal. The supermarket is about five miles away. The dining area has sitting for eight and is next to the full kitchen. There is full size washer and dryer upstairs in the unit. There is a half bath downstairs. The balcony very large with four lounge chairs and is facing the river. The upstairs master bedroom has queen bed, TV and own shower. The second bedroom has two queen beds and TV and shower also. The main bathroom has Jacuzzi, shower and large vanity. There is a total of two and a half bath in this unit. They start using Wndyham brand toiletry in the Shawnee units.

The resort offer activities for kids and adult everyday. Most of the activities are in the recreation area. The activities included Karaoke with wine, beer and cheese, kids craft, poker games, movie night, vineyard tours. There is a very large indoor pool and two outdoor pools. There is large game room and gym. A small library, miniature golf, two large golf courses, tennis court, basketball court, a river, water fall and endless trail for hiking. There is also a country store, a playhouse and playground for kids. You will not be bored anytime of the year. There is also skiing, snowboarding and tubing in the winter. It is only a short drive to Shawnee mountain. Poconos skiing is normally not great in December. This year is fantastic. I can assume the rest of the season will be quite good. We will be back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Not wirless internet
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Depuy Townhouses? Share your experiences!