“Been here before so many times. Wanted to give people an accurate account.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shawnee River Village 2

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Shawnee River Village 2
You added Shawnee River Village 2 to your Saves list
rt 209 N, Shawnee on Delaware, PA   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pennsylvania, United States
“Been here before so many times. Wanted to give people an accurate account.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I am a longtime lover of Shawnee.(That sounds so dirty!). My husband grew up vacationing in the units here and I grew up camping across the river. What I want to say moreover is how this area is making a comback from it's downfall in the late 80s and 90s. Wyndham has purchased the rights to these places. All Villages (We are wyndham owners now).

Facts:
Units are old. Yes. However, I have never had an issue with cleanliness. In my exp, if something is unsatisfactory, than I would call and have it fixed. They are good about it usually.

DO NOT go to the sales presentation. If you want to purchase into Wyndham, you can get the points dirt cheap on EBAY. TOTALLY worth it. I have three small kids and I am able to vacation 2-3 times a year because of this. I always have a full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc. When you have kids this is HUGE.

If you are used to staying in 4 + star accomodations, do not stay here. There are other resort areas that are newer and up to your standards. This is an out dated property and you need to be realistic about your expectations. As a travel agent, I try and get to know my clients before putting them in a hotel. Be realistic and do not expect the ritz.

Nostalgia!! This is a great place to go to remember your childhood summer camp days. I am actually writing a book about this area and its resort history. It goes back to the turn of the century.

MAKE the big red tub a fun silly stupid thing!!! Get in there with a big white cowboy hat,cigar,and talk like Burt Reynolds.

Have fun and enjoy the hikes, bushkill falls, candle and christmas shops, the flea markets, the camping and the history!!! Go to Camelbeach if its hot and Camelback if its cold. Go to the Lumberjack and Balloon festivals in October.

Get married here!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lawrence KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

Must see Lakota Wolf Reserve just minutes away in NY. Basic 2 story townhome in the trees near Deleware River. Lots of hiking, waterfalls, mini golf, golf acadamy, Qualiy acting in the Playhouse, Quaint downtown Stroudsville. Near historic cities. Relaxing and entertaining. Indoor pool, basketball for rainy days. Great outlet mall. Shawnee on the Deleware excellent chef.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Our family has been visiting Shawnee for over 30 years. My parents bought timeshare there and we have several years of fond memories. Over the past few years, we have noticed a steady decline in the upkeep of the resort but this past vacation was by far, the worst. So much so that we decided to check out on Monday instead of staying the week. First of all, we checked into unit R138. It was totally infested with very small ants. They were crawling all over the kitchen,living room and front foyer. We called the front desk and they sent over a maintenance man with a can of household insect spray. They sprayed the entire can and told us to wait awhile for them to die. After another hour, my son and brother had ants crawling on them in the living room so I called again. This time, I got a tremendously helpful employee by the name of Jean Marie who immediately worked to move us to a new unit. With the assistance of another helpful front desk staffer, Barbara we were relocated to unit R150 atabout 10:30 pm. Once there, we discovered that the dishwasher was in disrepair and the microwave does not work. There was also a disgusting smell emanating from the large jacuzzi tub upstairs. The staff referred to it as "The Rotten Egg Smell." They told us to remedy it by running all the hot water in the house until it runs cold. There was also a minor ant problem in the kitchen so we went out and bought spray and made sure that no food was left around. My husband and son came back from the pool on Sunday complaining that the changing room was a complete mess. The floor was covered with debris, including a dirty diaper and the feces from the diaper. There was no paper towel or toilet paper in any of the stalls. To make matters worst, that night, the occupants of a nearby unit threw a wild party until 4am. With the windows closed and the air conditioning on, we STILL were able to hear the commotion. We called security who admitted their reluctance to break up the party.

Shawnee Village is way past its heyday and its sad. It is a great location, the amenities were once top notch and the units were known for its comfort and spaciousness but I know that we will never return. We met another family in the parking lot who agreed saying that they were also checking out early.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Central PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

We have been staying at Shawnee Villages for the past 3 years, as we own a timeshare that we exchange there. We were thinking about changing to another area in the Pocono's but after reading the reviews from other resorts, we decided to continue our stays at Shawnee. We have always found our units to be very clean and neat, no smells, etc... We were close to everything, and could always find something new to explore.
We are a couple in our mid 50's. We have always gone there in November to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
The only thing I can say is don't answer the unit phone, we were offered $ 50 , and got the timeshare sales pitch for Wyndham...
We were told it would only take 30 min, we were there for 3 hours...A waste of time unless you plan on buying a timeshare.
After all our experiences with our timeshare,(we have had it almost 12 years) we would not buy another one...Too many disappointments...too much hassle..
But Shawnee is a very nice place to stay! In the cold months try to get a unit with a gas fireplace!

• Liked — nice area, quiet, clean units, close to everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
city island, new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

Just got back from shawnee river village II. Upon arriving at our unit we were greeted with carpet that was dirty, stained and worn out. The unit was covered in dust and cobwebs. We spent the first day of our vacation cleaning. There was a gouge and a crack in the walls. It was a pleasure to find the paperwork they leave for you explaining how to get rid of the bugs you will find in your unit as it helped us get rid of them. I called for the shuttle bus, was told they only have 1 bus and 1 driver for a 2200 acre resort and he would not be able to pick me up as he was busy doing something other than driving the bus. My wife and daugther went to the indoor pool and were told it was closed due to thunder, that's why they went to the indoor and not the outdoor. They said it had something to do with the grouding of the indoor pool.
To finish we had a full kitchen in our unit which we were afraid to use as the stove was rusted an the refridgerator was dirty so we ate every meal away from the unit.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

River village 2 is one of the older areas of Shawnee Village. We had a 2 bedroom unit that was 2 levels which worked out well for us and the family. The second level was a little strange as there was no door so privacy was a little bit of an issue. The rooms and common areas were very spacious and the furniture was relatively new. The carpet and walls were a little stained, but again it's an old place so it wasn't a surprise. The kitchen could also use some upgrades, but it worked so that was the important part. We went skiing at shawnee mountain which was only a few minutes away. There was also some good outlet shopping about 20 minutes away. I could see us staying here again, but I have a feeling we'll try someplace else the next time we go to the Poconos, just to try out some different skiing areas.

Stayed March 2008
agawam, mass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2007

I have never stayed in aworse place in my life! The sofa was a cushions on plywood.
the carpet in the living room was nasty ,big stains on them
The showers were so small you could not bend over!
There was barly any hot water
the place was very dirty.
i would never stay there again even if it was for free!!
and that is the gods honest truth!!!!!
we loved the area but do not stay at shawnee village please!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Shawnee River Village 2? Share your experiences!