“Love the Shawnee Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shawnee River Village 2

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Shawnee River Village 2
You added Shawnee River Village 2 to your Saves list
rt 209 N, Shawnee on Delaware, PA   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
NJ
“Love the Shawnee Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2005

The Shawnee resort has many outdoor activities year round. They have six
swimming pools, Snow sports Mountain with snowboarding, skiing and tubing, canoe
and kayak on the delaware river, ice skating and many more. The villas are very
nicely furnice with large accomadation. The terrace is screened, to keep bugs
out when you sit out. I love it!

• Stayed August 2005

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2005

This resort was in a nice wooded area. Our unit didn't have the best view (screened in porch sat facing the parking lot), but some of the other units appeared to have nicer views. Everything we needed was there and clean (utensils, dishes, linens). The recreation center was very nice...my kids really enjoyed the pool and my husband enjoyed the inside basketball court. The only major concern I had was that the spokes going up the stairway were too widely spaced apart. My 2-year-old and 6-year-old could have very easily slipped their entire bodies through them and fallen onto the floor below, which I'm certain would have done much more than just hurt them. Fortunately, we took a child gate with us, which we set up in front of their bedroom door (the bedrooms are on the 2nd floor) so that they wouldn't sneak out of the room during the night and end up falling through the stairway spokes...just a warning for anyone traveling here with small children.

• Stayed May 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2005

We just returned from our weekend spend at Shawnee Village. Unfortunately it wasn't as relaxing or wonderful experience as we were hoping for. They have a policy of 9 am check out! Houskeeping called at 8am! to make sure that we leave at 9am. We were leaving on Jan. 1st. My children went to sleep at 1am after celebrating the New Year. I couldn't wake them up, so I asked the front desk if I can pay a late check out fee, and leave 1-2 hours late. I was answered in a very rude form that we have to vacate a condo, otherwise they'll call security. So, I wished I will leave my vacation relaxed and stress-free, but had to rash and get half-asleep kids to the car. I got the feeling that those people don't want their guests to come back. And I am sure not going back to Shawnee village. It was the worst experience I had in Pocono's. By the way, their Sauna is a joke. You could call it a warm room, nothing more. And pool is only 4 feet deep.

I am sure there are much better places and more understanding service could be found in other Pocono resorts. Not this one. Don't spoil your vacation by visitinig Shawnee village.

• Stayed January 2005
mstamigirl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2004

We exchanged our Florida timeshare for one here during Thanksgiving week and it is a beautiful area. Check in and check out was easier and faster than I have seen and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We were busy with other activities in the surrounding New Jersey/New York areas and didn't take advantage of the many activities offered by the resort here but they have many things available onsite as well as planned family activities. There is a pool (maybe 2 I think), fitness room, putt putt golf, gift shop, etc. Their activities included get togethers like games, ice cream socials, etc. If you just wanted to get away from everyone and relax and enjoy just the activities they had available you would have a nice relaxing time and not spend a lot of money. The condos are nice in size and included all the necessities. A fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher was extremely nice. They even have dishes and pots and pans and utensils - almost like being at home. The condos were set like on a mountain and makes for a beautiful view from the deck also on your condo. The major disadvantage to this though was you had to park your vehicle and then carry all your luggage, etc down about 50+ stairs to get into the condo - then again carry it all back up when leaving. Some condos were not as far down as ours - since ours was at the bottom - and I believe I saw handicap facilities available by some signs - just ask if you need that. They had laundry facilities available per condo area. I am guessing there was 6 units per condo area. That was a little inconvenient as far as having to carry the laundry up and down the stairs when we wanted to use it but it was always available. Since the units are so big there might be some way they could incorporate individual washer/dryer inside your unit. It is a basic rustic type decor 2 story unit but could use some more modernization. I thought it was funny when we arrived, my 11 year old step-daughter said they could update and decorate a little better don't you think. Also make sure that you read the paperwork that is in your condo which includes an inventory check to make sure everything that is on their list is in your timeshare condo. That was a little inconvenient as it was due in 24 hours and we had things to do and ended up doing it like 2 am to turn in the next morning before leaving to go somewhere again. They just want to make sure that everything is accounted for and you have the things you need. There were a few things missing on our list and we came back one day to find they had replaced them all. There were 2 bathrooms with the master bath having a shower and toilet area and sink area then the other bathroom having a shower area, sink area, and tub area - but the tub looked like a mini jacuzzi spa that you had to climb into and out of which was fun for the kids, but if you are elderly or have trouble climbing in and out check again on handicap or other facilities. I would highly recommend this place and would visit again!

Been to Shawnee River Village 2? Share your experiences!