“horrible.......” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ridge Top Village at Shawnee

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Ridge Top Village at Shawnee
You added Ridge Top Village at Shawnee to your Saves list
River Road, Shawnee on Delaware, PA 18356   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Union City, New Jersey
“horrible.......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

My family and I stayed at ridgetop for Valentines Day weekend and all i can say is OMG! The accomodations were horrible. The furniture was old and outdated. the so called hot tub/jacuzzi was so small. It was not even big enough for one person. TV's were old . I was very surprised at Wyndam. They need to update badly and the front desk personnel was very unfriendly. I can't believe w/ all the money they make ... they would leave their property looking like this.if i had to rate this i would give it an F! and let's not talk about the old and dirty carpet... wynday you should be ashamed of yourself. I would not recommend this to anyone at all.. HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed in Ridge Top in the winter and skiied at Shawnee Mountain. The mountain was great, just a short drive from the unit. I could have done without the mean lady at ski school - seemed she didnt really like her job! The units are in desperate need of remodeling! Our counter top was literaly falling apart and our screend in porch was torn. Luckily I had flip flops to wear in the shower. I recommend you bring some cleaning supplies if you plan to stay here! You dont get any toilet paper but at the end of your stay you have to stip the beds for the housekeepers and put the linens in the foyer. Not sure why they can't do this for you, but ok. I have not seen a TV like this in years! Flat screens would be nice. Our kids video games didnt even connect to them they are so old!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

Great place for the entire family! Supervised games, pool, skiing, cozy fireplaces, great weather, lots to see in surrounding areas. Shopping, casino, great staff, beautiful villas, What a truly wonderful experience. I highly recommend it for totally family vacationing. For children of all ages

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Currently staying here at Ridgetop..while the scenery is great an very peaceful the accommodations are horrible. First day I walked into the bathroom and there was old toilet paper stuck to the side of the toilet...gum on the carpet, and very out dated linens. The beds aren't comfortable at all and in the kitchen ceiling there are tiles out of place..and I could continue..I guess the best features are the quiet area and the fact that shops and entertainment are nearby..but they seriously need to UPGRADE & put a lot more effort into CLEANING...I'd suggest bringing some kind of anti-bacterial cleaning spray!

• Stayed November 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

My family stayed here over the Veteran's weekend. To our surprise, this "resort" didn't have housekeeping service. We had to use the same towels for 4 days. The best part is that the guest is responsible for taking out the trash and stripping the linens off the beds and placing it at the foyer at the end of your stay. I was told that if I want fresh linen, I should laundry it myself. What's the point of going to a resort to relax if you are doing all the chores yourself and paying good money to do it? I could have stayed home and did it all for free.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
cant say
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

this is one of my favorite vaction spots. i go here every year its the best place. dont listen to ppl who dont like it this is awesome. the rooms are nice. the nieghbors are great, the pool is nice the view is beautful the staff is the bomb. ive been a shawnee member/owner since 2002. the spa is very nice. and my kids love the activities the also love the jacuzzi! its so peacful! last time we saw a wolf pack my kids had named all of them they were very friendly! i love going here id recommend this to everyone! :D its a bit expensive but thats okay!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Ft Wayne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

I knew not to expect much from the room. It was clean but outdated. We were there to travel daily so I decided to go for it. Didn't get much info at all from front desk. Drove 11 hours and then was told we had to wait over an hour for a room to be ready. Asked what we could do in the meantime. No reply. A map of the area would have been great- not just a map of the resort. We avoided the busy pools also. Lots of young, foreign neighbors who felt the need to party every night outside their rooms. At least the buildings were soundproof! Wish they would have left a survey for us to fill out. I would have mentioned the fruit fles and ants we were seeing in the room... even tho we weren't cooking any meals and kept our snacks in fridge. We were in a two bedroom with two upstairs baths and a bath downstairs. That was very nice since hubby, daughter and I could each have our own bath and shower. No screened porch. Would have been nice. Upstairs seemed hot. I turned the a/c down to 68 every night just so I could sleep comfortably. And we usually don't use air conditioning at home in the Midwest. Some might get a kick out of the wildlife at your back door. We saw deer and turkey every day. Don't know why the place couldn't offer free internet. You have to buy ATT. I didn't use it a lot since I could see all my neighbors' laptops and game systems listed in MY network! Would hope my firewall would stop them but who knows?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ridge Top Village at Shawnee? Share your experiences!