“Old world Shoe fun but a little pricey..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Attractions in Sharon
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
Ohio City, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Old world Shoe fun but a little pricey..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I had visited this store before and came back for second trip on a day get a way with my husband. This store has a definite yesteryear feel. There was plenty of staff on hand. Although they were not busy at all the day we visited staff was available but did not go out of their way to help unless you sought them. Not sure if that was because we spent a lot of time in what they call the "rack room". The rack room is where the discounted shoes are and is very extensive. Some tips about the rack room: There is a list that shows the colors that shoes are tagged with and their corresponding discounts. Each shoe should be color tagged ( we found a few without colors that were priced as marked) and each color gives an additional discount of the marked price. The shoes are sorted by color within their sizes, all blue size 9's should be together.
Some cautions from previous trip: Be careful when choosing shoes as some of the shoes chosen did not perform as expected when we got them home. They seemed to be old and may have experienced dry rot. Consider this if this is to far from home to return if you have a problem with your purchase.
This store is pricey! Even the rack room discounts do not make most purchases what I would call Cheap! I consider myself to be a rather frugal shopper. There were many shoes still in the $60-$80 range. There is a wide variety of shoes available in many different colors and sizes. It is worth a visit if you happen to be in the area. We did find a few bargains in mens shoes this trip for my husband & son at $24.99.

Visited January 2012

Cleveland, Ohio
“Very nice, old fashioned shoe store”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I recently visited this store because I am female and wear size 12 shoes. I am always on the hunt for stores that will have my size. This is a very nice store with many different high quality brands. It labels itself as "the largest shoe store in the world" and it is quite large. Although they did have many nice shoes/brands, there were also alot of old fashioned, out of style shoes. This store is also quite pricey and was difficult to shop at after visiting the Grove City outlet store. Overall a great store and would definitely recommend to anyone willing to spend money on a nice pair of shoes.

Visited December 2011
Penn Yan, New York
9 attraction reviews
“Yes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Always find shoes there. Best shoe store yet when you wear a 12!

Visited October 2011
Canton, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
“Well, they do have a lot of shoes.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

In the last few years, Reyers has moved from their old downtown building location to a nearby strip mall. I guess I would not make a long trip to go there - but if you have an odd size (narrows, etc.) or you are looking for something special for an occasion, this might be the place where you can find it. Their prices are nothing special, basically straight retail for the most part.

Visited August 2011
Strongsville, OHIO usa
“DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, UNLESS YOU LIVE VERY CLOSE BY!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We drove 2 hours to Sharon to visit Reyer's hoping to find some comfortable inexpensive shoes/sandals. First off, the town is a dump and the store is located in an ugly strip mall. The inside is ok, but the service was not too great and the deals were not good. I have arthritis and an ankle replacement and my daughter is a 9 wide shoe size so that is why we drove all the way there, but believe me it was not worth it. You could find better deals at local shoes stores, including Macy''s and Dillards. Save your time and money, shop locally!

Been to Reyers? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Reyers, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.