“Tucked away in Sewickley” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Wexford, Pennsylvania
“Tucked away in Sewickley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have visited many times and always had delicious, fresh food and great service. Patio in summer is great.

Beaver, Pennsylvania
“Nice atmosphere but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

The food and service is so so, has a nice atmosphere though. Pricey, was very disappointed the last time we were there.

WEIRTON
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Never been disappointed in anything we have ordered here!

Baden
“Bad management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My friend raves about Sewickley Cafe so we had a friend who we don't see often come into town so we thought we'd try this place. It was a Tuesday night. I had made reservations anyway for 6:30 even though there were several empty tables. We sat at the bar and had a drink and we were seated by the bartender. Every bartender I've met is usually pretty chatty. Mr. Personality didn't say one word to us except to say "Follow me!" as he seated us to our table. We sat there for 15 minutes before we even were approached by ANYONE. Finally the one and only waitress asked us if we've been helped. Duh.....no water on the table...do you see a menu? We finally got some waters but no bread or rolls. Even though there were several empty tables, this waitress was flying around there. I made a comment to her that they need to get you some help. She said last week she was the only waitress again. Now this sounds like bad management to me! I wonder what it's like on a Saturday night! Okay, we finally got our food. It was large portions and pretty good. I've had worse but I've had better too. The carrots cake is huge and very good. The tiramisu is more like a cake....not your traditional tiramisu. It was just okay. I think this place is over priced. I do not recommend Sewickley Cafe! When in Sewickley we always eat at the Naked Grape, which by the way is fantastic, but they are closed till November. Darn! People....go there!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wexford, Pennsylvania
“unfairly accused”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

we were having a pleasant dinner there and when we went to pay our bill, the manager accused of us of saying unkind things about the food and bigoted things that we would have never said. He claimed that his other staff heard us saying these things.
My husband and I were very disturbed by what he was being accused of saying. We have not gone back since and it is too bad because the few times we ate there, we liked their food and the location.
I would have called the owner, but after calling the restaurant people when we got home that night and they said that 3 staff people heard us, I didn't think it would do any good.

Visited November 2010