“Great food, great bar, a Sewickley gem” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
“Great food, great bar, a Sewickley gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

424 is on my new "must" list for Sewickley mainstays. The food is a very comfortable collection of entrees and small dishes for the bar. A real pleasure in what is becoming a somewhat crowded restaurant scene in the village. They really hold their own. The bar is very well stocked with a wide selection of the very best and top shelf. I really like this place.

Visited December 2013

Berkeley, California
“Has Potential To Be Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Effusive greeting by manager and later another manager (or owner?) stopped by to check on the food and chat briefly, so they seem to be committed. Waitresses were pleasant, checked back with us, and kept water glasses filled. The food was hit or miss, though.

My wife and her sister had the 3 World Salad, which had way too much mayonnaise in the chicken salad, and the cottage cheese seemed off (my wife had a stomach ache immediately after our lunch and suspected the cottage cheese as being the culprit). My brother-in-law and I had the soup of the day, a cup of tomato sausage, which was very spicy. I liked it, but it's not for everyone's taste - they should have told us how spicy it was before we ordered. Also had the 1/2 sandwich, a Reuben, which was quite good. French fries were good, except there were a lot of small ones - we may have gotten the bottom of the frier.

This was my first meal here, but my brother-in-law has eaten here before and says that they usually do better. So some inconsistency with the food that needs to be fixed.

• Visited November 2013