“A great place for everyone, fun and relaxation all for one price!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

You added Great Wolf Lodge to your Saves list
Great Wolf Lodge
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Great Wolf Drive, Scotrun, PA 18355   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scotrun
ny
“A great place for everyone, fun and relaxation all for one price!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

it is a great place we came for only one night and one day and we had a great time!!!! definitely a great place to go for a family with many children!! the service is great and there is a lot to do the water park is superb there are almost no lines!!!arcades and other souces of entertainment are available!! hope you enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Turkish first
East Rockaway, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

We went to Great Wolf with our 2 year old twins just to get out of the winter funk. We had a great time and booked early enough to save a lot of money on the room. We got a KidKamp room for $300 and that morning before we left I checked it and it was over $500!!! The park is warm, as soon as you walk in you get hit with the heat. The chlorine was NOT overwhelming as others have noted and I am extremely sensitive to those thing. The water was nice too, although we wished it was a little warmer. It was crowded in the park but there is enough room for everyone. Tables are hard to come by, but if you get down early you can snag one. There were hardly any lines for rides, which was a surprise considering it was a weekend. After you are waterlogged you want to eat and that is where I think it gets a little out of hand. The buffet that they offer was very good, the food was fresh, tasty and great for kids and adults. BUT the food was so expensive I would not eat dinner here again. The buffet was around $26 a person, thank god the babies ate free! Down the road there are a few chain restaurants that we'll do next time. Because the room has a fridge and micro we bought breakfast and lunch stuff which was so helpful. They do have a grill by the pool where you can get burgers and such for around $10 a pop. I really appreciated the fact that they allow you to eat your own food and drinks at the pool. You don't have to go back to the room to have a PB&J or whatever you made on your own. Overall it was a great thing to do in midwinter and we are waiting for the booking to open so we can do it again. Also, we left something behind and housekeeping and a manager went out of their way to find it and mail it back to us within a few days. Great job, great wolf!!

Plymouth meeting, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

Just returned from a mid week break at great wolf lodge in the pocono's. This was our second visit (the last one was last year.) We decided to go after receiving a promotional mailer with a 20% discount in the mail and then applied it to a great mid week rate and were able to get a "kid Kamp" room with bunk beds for $220.00, such a good deal we just had to take advantage of it and we all needed a break from reality.
We left early on a Thurs. afternoon, stopped for lunch right outside the resort, (at a Red Robin...allthough there are quite a few restaurants close) and were checked in by 1:00.
Our room was on the 4th floor which is very quiet since there arent any rooms overhead but we were pretty far from the attractions, which ended up being just fine. Our kids, 6 and 2 1/2 LOVED the room and that ended up being an adventure in itself. The rooms are a bit weathered but seem clean and have a microwave and mini fridge which suits us since we bring a ton of drinks, snack ect with us. The prices for food at the lodge are high and just didn't interrest us so we brought things for some meals and brought drinks and snacks into the waterpark with us. We ended up ordering pizza that night and it was delivered right to our room, from an outside pizzaria that the front desk gave us a menu from. Quick service, good price and really good pizza.
The waterpark is a blast for all ages. My husband and son, 6 are pretty adventurous and tried everything allthough my son got a little turned of by the "bigger" slides after a few fast crazy rides down and then enjoyed the wave pool and other things. I definately recommend goggles since the chlorine is strong and if you have kids who will be swimming long their eyes will get sensitive. It is very warm in there and the water temp is warm as well allthough the hot tub was a nice break after a few hours of running around. My daughter 2 1/2 loved the "kiddie" area with smaller slides but surprised us by loving some of the more mature things. She only lasted 1/2 as long as my son. She was exhausted and so was I after carrying her around. They have swim vests and towels allthough you can t leave the area with them so you will need cover ups and some kind of flip flops. The bathrooms in the park are really quite clean. We had no lines and it wasn't crazy busy since the resort was at 50% occupancy. NICE
At night we had our pizza in our room, which worked out well since we were wet and beat and didn't feel like getting dressed for dinner.
After we went down to the arcade for a bit and then the clock tower show/ story time at 8pm. All kiddies are in their PJs and it gets packed. After the story they did some karaoke and then off to bed.
The next day we relaxed and then packed up the car, the kids did a free craft and story and games at the Cubs Den and then went back to the water park. We spend most of the day there and then got ready to leave at the locker/ shower rooms. They were just OK, I get pretty icked out at those places. It was really busy in there and had to wait in line for 1 of the 3 showers available. It was worth it though to get the chlorine of our skin before the ride home.
All in all it was a great time away. It is definately overpriced and a money market but if you plan ahead you can get out with a few dollars left. It is crazy how many kids there are doing "everything" and just want more and more. My kids were soooo happy with the room, waterpark, arcade and some ice cream that they don't even ask for Magic quest or a stuffed animal (for about $30.00) , which is why we continue to visit.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Suffolk, Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

We just came home today and we had a wonderful time. My 5 1/2 and 2 year old had a lot of fun but be ready to spend, spend, spend!!! We paid $632 for 2 nights in the Kid Kamp Suite and I thought that was a little high but I have heard it is worth it so we gave it a shot! As soon as you get there your children will see every other child in the hotel playing MagicQuest with the wands so of course they want them. The wand and game costs $25 per child plus they sell wand toppers for another $15 so for $40 each child, it gets very expensive. Then right at the 3rd floor elevator, there is a "Stuffing Station" like Build-A-Bear which costs $20 for the animal and $9.99 for the outfits. The arcade is 25 cents per token and some of the games cost up to 8 tokens each!!!! The thing that I thought was REALLY crazy was in the children's SCOOOPS Spa, they are charging $70 for a child's (age 4-12) manicure and pedicure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a fun time but again make sure you are ready to spend a lot of money!

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

Place reminded me of Disney's Blizzard Beach, but in the Pocono's. We stayed on a Thursday evening in March --- I expected the place to be empty but was surprised to see it mobbed.

Long lines for the slide rides, especially the two highest ones. The staff did not seem concerned to keep the line moving and the rafts would back-up on the conveyor belt with regularity due to their inattentiveness.

I was surprised by trash and littered towels on the steps to one of the rides right after the waterpark opened at 9am --- I would have thought that they would have caught that. Costs are out of sight for all food and drinks. We punted and and went 2 miles up 611 to the Pocono Brewing Company for dinner.

All-in-all the kids had fun, but I think more than 1 night is overkill.

long island, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

My family and I (husband, sons 7 and 9) checked into the Great Wolf on Sunday 3/8 for a 2 night stay. We arrived around 12:30 and the place was packed. Our first thoughts "ugh..what did we do?". The check in line wasn't open yet, so we went right to the gift shop and purchased magiquest wands and started the game. At this time, the girl in the shop told us that they had a full turnover happening this day....400 rooms checking out and 380 rooms checking in. We thought we were beating the crowds by going Sun to Tues, but that was not the case!

We got to the check in line about 1:30 and it was long...about 1/2 on line. They did have plenty of people working. The girl at the desk was super nice and we received our bracelets for room 2035...wolf den...lobby level.

Room:

Very nice. The kids were thrilled with the bunk beds and also loved having their own TV.
There was some peeling wall paper in the bathroom and the furniture was showing a little wear and tear. It was very clean. They even game bubble gum flavored shower gel for the kids. It smelled so good I used it too. We really loved the location of the room. It faced the outdoor pool not the parking lot. It was about 10 doors down from the lobby and Starbucks. I sleep very soundly so noise wasn't a issue. The room was very hot. We needed to run the AC to keep cool and it was as loud as a truck running in the room.

Lobby:
Tastefully done, but not enough seating for the amount of people. It always seemed crowded.

Waterpark:
Shortly after getting our room, we changed and headed to the water park. First impression, OMG it is tooo crowded!!!!!! There were people everywhere and the lines for slides were long. All tables and chairs were claimed or at least appeared to be by all of the used towels. By evening, it started to clear out as the people who checked out that day were now leaving. It was as clean as any other water park I have been to. I am grossed out by public pools anyway. I prefer the tube slides...you get on and get out! The blue one that was like a roller coaster was the best slide I have been on. Most lifeguards were very attentive, especially in the wave pool.

MagiQuest:
Fun! My boys loved it. The wands they picked out were $20 each and then $10.99 to activate. This lasts for your stay. So, that was over $60. They were so excited to get them they didn't even notice the toppers at first. It wasn't until they saw other kids wands that they mentioned the toppers. I gave them each an additional $20 and told them to pick out a topper. They spent an additional $14.99 each. With some help from us and the helpful girls in the shop, they were able to become independent and complete all but the last level. They made many unsuccessful attempts, so they weren't able to slay the dragon. This game is a little complicated for young ones. Once they got a grasp of the directions from the manual, they were on their own. We felt comfortable letting them run around with out us. My husband and I played UNO in the lobby and the boys checked back every 20 minutes. We could actually see them running around on the upper floors.

Arcade:
They only spent a few dollars each. It is large for a hotel. They were happy with magiquest!

Food:
The breakfast buffet was 15.99 pp and dinner was 25.99pp, children were cheaper around 10.99 I believe. I do not like buffets and based on the reviews here we skipped. My son had a hot dog from the snack bar at the pool...he ate it, but it looked gross, really fat! We brought cold cuts to make sandwiches and I made meat sauce and pasta that we reheated in the microwave. We also went to the dinner down the road on night. It was good. Many, many people bring their own food. Some even bring it down to the water park...it was just too wet and humid for me. We ate in the room.

Overall:

My 9 year old actually had tears in his eyes at check out. That really says it all. It was nice to swim in the winter. The outdoor pool wasn't that exciting looking...zero entry with basketball hoops. I wouldn't come here in the summer. It is expensive, but we did get a pretty good deal using their EARLY code...$575+tax for 2 nights wolf den w/balcony. I would only go back again mid week as we had a taste of what those weekend crowds were like! I am sure we will be back again some time.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

We have been to WOLF at least 6x since it has opened and never failed to have a good time. We last went with many families and lots of kids and had a great weekend. We have been to WOLF for Xmas and Halloween celebrations and most recently was there for Halloween. WOLF does a great job for Halloween and our kids look forward to it each year. The waterpark is great, warm and kids have a blast. They love the wave pool. We have never had problems with the rooms, they have always been clean. Noise is to be expected here but by 11pm, everyone is wiped out. We recently went to Cocokey resort in CT and were totally disappointed and wish we went to WOLF. WOLF just needs to lower the prices in this economy.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scotrun
The Inn at Pocono Manor
The Inn at Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Pocono Manor
4.0 of 5 stars 1,073 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Poconos Hotel
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#3 of 9 in East Stroudsburg
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
3.5 of 5 stars 1,154 reviews

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!