“Great place for a scout trip!” 4 of 5 stars

Great Wolf Lodge
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Great Wolf Drive, Scotrun, PA 18355   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scotrun
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Great place for a scout trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge with my Girl Scout Troop. The rooms were lovely and the beds were very comfy. The pull out beds were not as comforable, but that is to be expected. We all had a great time in the water park area. The girls love the MagiQuest experience throughout the weekend. They also enjoyed the variety of other activites like mini golf and bowling. We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and especially the make your own omelet station.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Queens, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I took my kids ages 9 & 12 to Great Wolf for a weekend trip, Fri-Sun. We are in NYC and it was a nice scenic 2 hour ride. It is a beautiful huge lodge. Our family suite was convenient and clean. Beds were comfortable and we even had a little patio, though it overlooked the parking lot. The bathroom was clean and even the wallpaper was cute. The resort hallways and bathrooms were always clean and not crowded. Obviously, cleanliness matters to me, though I don't bring my own sheets or anything. I had no problem walking around my room barefoot. I saw many people walking around the entire place barefoot.

When we got there Friday we checked in easily and luckily our room was ready around 2pm. We had lunch down by the snackshop and it was affordable, as affordable as these places can be. The chicken sandwich and cheeseburger was good. There is a sweet shop, pizza hut express, another pizza place and starbucks on premise also. We played glow in the dark mini golf and bowling. We did the waterpark which is alot of fun. Not too many rides and you end up doing the same thing over and over if you are there more than an hour or two. Kids liked the wave pool. Some rides are kiddie but there are about 4 that are exciting and suited to older kids. The hot spring is not relaxing as there were little kids splashing around though my son liked being in the warmer water.

We did the dinner buffet, 21.99 per adult 9.99 child up to 12. Thankfully my daughter is 12 because she barely ate. Food was good but was it really worth it? We wanted to see the bedtime story and clock tower show but it was so noisy in the lobby we couldn't really hear what they were saying.

Saturday morning breakfast buffet cost me $50 1 adult 2 kids. i was annoyed. And my server barely came to the table but i tipped him anyways. I wish i had known that Friendly's down the road had breakfast, shoot even the diner down the road would have been cheaper. For lunch we left the resort though lunch at the resort is the only affordable meal. I also went into CVS and bought some tea bags because our room only had complimentary coffee. Luckily i walked with my own water. I saw alot of people walked with their own food and would definitely do that next time. I wanted to take my daughter to the spa but at $50 for a manicure OR pedicure and $80 for both I was disgusted and we all went to the arcade instead.

We did the waterpark but it was much busier and we waited on lines for 20-30 minutes on some rides. We ate dinner at Friendly's because there was a seafood buffet sat night at about $24-26 per adult and $10 per child.. How many children want seafood? mine wanted chicken fingers, which the snack shop has but Friendly's is just better. The sweet shop at the lodge was yummy and not too pricey.

By Sunday it was 'what are we going to do again today?' -we did the waterpark which was no way near as crowded and left around 2-3pm. I think a 2 night stay was more than enough and next time we will do one night. I think it gets too monotonous after 2 days. The lodge itself is beautiful, clean and accommodating but needs a bigger seating area in the lobby as you have to stand around when it is busy. Though i would advise people to bring their own food or visit the outside businesses for meals if you are concerned with saving. I don't mind splurging but my kids barely eat. -- Also there is an 11pm curfew for the kids under 18, though I was hearing noise in the hallways and the surrounding rooms at 11:15pm.
I give alot of details because when i read these reviews i like to know as much as i can before making a decision. On another note, i encountered a few rude adults and kids with no manners or supervision. Of course you get that anywhere you go, but to the lady that was reprimanding the old lady that was having a difficult time getting out of the lazy river when her son was trying to get in without ever helping her, i hope you learn some basic human interaction skills. -- At the end of the weekend, I was very happy with our stay and would go again and recommend it to others.

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I loved the log style of the resort which is inside and out. The waterpark is lots of fun, the only complaint is the chlorine burns your nose and eyes! The water was a good temperature too. The buffet was $14.99 for adults and $8.99 for kids for supper. It wasn't the biggest buffet I've ever been to but the food was really good, especially the 'make your own pasta' station.(the food could have been a bit warmer though) We ordered a large pizza for $11.99 and garlic knots. The knots were delicious, the pizza was just okay. The kids loved the huge arcade and even hit the jackpot was 1,000 tickets flying out of the one game! The bowling is $5 each game and is cute. It is $6 for the mini golf which was also cute. We had the wolf den room and friends had the kids cabin. Both were a nice size...even the standard rooms were a good size. We enjoyed our coffee on our balcony in the morning. There are plenty of off site dining places also and only 1 mile from the outlets. We made great memories as a family and will be back again!

Room Tip: ask to be near the middle, the end rooms have a bit of a walk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The only one bad thing is the buffet really was horrible. You got back to your table and it will be ice cold. Your better off only eating cold items. Not worth the price at all. Stay away from the buffet.

• Stayed September 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My family and I decided to go to Great Wolf Lodge the first weekend of the summer. Last year, we went during the winter, which is, in my opinion, a better time to go, because it's very cool to look out the window as you are swimming, and see snow. But the summer is great too. We stayed two days, one night. We got the hotel room with the hot tub, a king sized bed, two televisions, a fire place, and a pull out couch. It was very clean. Some reviews described hair in the bathroom, or dirt in the sink, however, we found none of these things, which is good, because my mother is an extreme neat freak when it comes to family outings. (she brings her own sheets and pillow cases etc.) There were plenty of activities outside of just the water park, such as bowling, a little teen gathering room, buffets, story time in the lobby for the kids, an arcade, etc, and we found it hard to squeeze all of these activities in our short stay. The food was pricey, but good, also. My father also had a broken arm, and was very upset to not be able to go swimming with my brother and I, but there were many other things we could do as a family. The water park has many fun water slides and rides for kids even in their teenage years like me, (I am going on 14) Last but not least, the staff was very friendly. I am looking forward to going back this winter!!

Room Tip: The wolf den is more ideal for bigger families.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Bad.
The water park was cold cold cold. The water gave us goose bumps. Did not feel the 84 degrees it says on the website. I found a few band aids floating . A diaper leaked in one pool. The top of the small slides was squishy. I thought we would all fall through to the ground below. I spoke to lots of guests who were too cold to get in the water. I would've stayed if the young ones had wanted to keep playing, but they were cold. The floor of our bathroom had hair in each corner. But the rest of the room was fine. The bunk beds and the wolf den were fun. The speakers for story time were awful. I could hardly understand a word being said. The claws in the arcade are very very lose. Lots of other good games. It didn't used to be like that. They have a new system. Its also expensive.
The Good.
Check in was easy and the staff were nice. I thought the buffet was good, I liked the tree. The Starbucks was great. Everybody we spoke to was really friendly. The pizza hut pizza was pretty good. The kids disco in the hall was fun. The kids were all dancing. I like the fact you can stay after check out. Just pack accordingly. But we were chilly and left to get a curry down the street and nobody wanted to go back.
I didn't mind the kids running around the corridors it was nice to see them enjoying themselves away from the adults.
I think we spent around $600 for everything for 2 days 1 night. I kept thinking how do people afford to stay longer...

Room Tip: Look for sales and discounts on the room. Mid week travel is cheaper. If you don't think you wil...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

My daughter recieved a night at great wolf from a family member for her birthday. I have looked into it in the past, but thought it was alittle pricey..especially since we only live 20 minutes away. It would be nice to offer day passes for the locals.All in all, the kids (ages almost 3 and 5) really enjoyed themselves. Alot in the waterpark for even the littler ones.The room and lodge itself was very clean. We ended up leaving for dinner and brought our own breakfast bc i was told food was expensive. There really isn't a sit down restaurant where you can order off of a menu..there is a buffet and pizza take out. I would go back, and its a great gift idea for a child if you have the loot to do so.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!