“Because my son loves it here... our experiences x2” 4 of 5 stars

Great Wolf Lodge
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Great Wolf Drive, Scotrun, PA 18355   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scotrun
New York, United States
“Because my son loves it here... our experiences x2”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have now gone to Great Wolf twice. (yes we're in the poor house but our son is happy) Seriously though for the price of the hotel stay and the quality of the rooms, it should be a bit cheaper. I do realize that this price includes park admission as well, though it still doesn't justify the cost. The electronics in room aren't updated. One small swivel television for a family suite isn't exactly adequate, it should be a larger more updated television.

The pizza meal is an okay value $23.99 for a pie, knots, salad and soda, however they should offer room delivery. As it is one of the only very few options for dinner that is affordable while staying the line is ridiculously LONG! A 45 minute wait for a pizza that isn't hand tossed and pre-frozen/cooked is not acceptable. This needs to be reevaluated and the buffet price is a bit much for what it is. Over $20 per person is ridiculous when it's really the only other option for an evening meal if you don't plan on leaving the hotel (with parking issues I don't recommend leaving--lol)

The Paw, Pup and Wolf Passes are fabulous and a great value though. It keeps the kids busy your entire stay with little additional out of pocket spending, other than food and the arcade if your little ones are into that sort of thing. Magi-quest seemed to be on the decline in our Summer trip compared to our Winter one, quiet a few of the game pieces weren't working, this hadn't happened on our first trip there, which was a large disappointment to my son b/c it was his 13th bday and he was so looking forward to finally completing everything he hadn't on our first adventure at Great Wolf.

The water park isn't for the super adventurous water park enthusiast though. It's a smaller scale park with fun rides that almost any little one can ride. I think there are maybe two slides that my 3 year old was unable to ride, if she had wanted to. For our family the water park is just fine as we aren't super thrill seekers by way of water parks. If you are you'll probably be disappointed in what Great Wolf has to offer by way of splash factor.

There is no shortage of alcohol though if that's your thing. We aren't drinkers, especially around our kids but watching the drunks can prove to be entertaining especially when they don't see their child standing next to them.

All in all it's a great family place. You can feel comfortable allowing your child to play the day away knowing they will go to bed exhausted and iPods and laptops won't be touched and television watching is nearly non-existent if they're anything like ours on the go go go. There are enough activities for those I'd say 13 and younger but any older and I think you'd be fighting to keep them entertained.

I also highly recommend getting the breakfast, it's fabulous and with the limited food options probably the best meal you will get all day everyday during your stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I expect to hate it but it really was a nice experience with the kids. service was better then I expected and they really seem set up for parents aswell as kids. room was great and service was very good. Well thought out and executed concept.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wyckoff, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We checked into a wolf den room with my niece and her friend for a birthday weekend. It was disgusting and many broken items from a sink drain that doesn't close, an ac unit that is so loud sleep is not possible to a broken bed and blankets with holes the size of my fist. I though 'ok lets try the water park..after all it is about the kids... Another disappointment. My niece hurt her foot jumping in the pool and none of the zombie like life guards lifted a finger to assist us. Other kids had to help the limping girl over to where we were sitting. Everything around the resort is also either out of order or out of stock. No fruit deliveries.... Broken concession machines. In short, I wouldn't waste your money. The water park at our local beach community is better equipped and well run and doesn't cost us $400++ a night for run down accommodations and a lack of service and attention to detail that leaves me wondering how long this place will actually stay in business

Room Tip: Do not stay on second floor where restaurants are. The rooms and halls constantly smelled of bad foo...
Uncasville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Another terrific trip to the Great Wolf Lodge. We spent 4 nights this time, which I worried would be too long for my 9 year old, but we could barely peel him away the last day. This time, we rented a standard family room with a fireplace. With 2 queen beds and a comfortable pull out couch, it was a great option. Last time, we stayed in one of the special kids' rooms, but the bunk beds weren't comfortable for my tall son. Just a hint, the poolside rooms are really pretty in the summer. With only one exception, the staff were extremely courteous and helpful, and the one exception wasn't even that bad (just glaring when compared to her more congenial colleagues). My favorite moment was when we rented one of the poolside cabananas on an especially gorgeous Saturday. When I got up to get a drink at the nearby bar, the waitress ran over to take my order, telling me, "your job is to relax, mine is to get you anything you need." NIRVANA :-) We never left the lodge. My husband greatly enjoyed the buffet, and my son devoured pizza whenever he could. In comparison to other waterpark resorts, we found the food to be very reasonably priced. Overall, we found the place to be clean, and the waterpark and pool lifeguards to be very vigilant. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend pool-side rooms, especially in the warmer months.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The lodge is really nice with fun things to do for small children. The water park is great for them to run around the whole day. They have fun family water rides that you can do together, but it gets boring for adults and older kids after a couple of rounds. The rooms are nice even if they have a slightly older feel, but beds were fine to sleep in and the fridge and microwave worked just fine. All in all its fun for a day or two, but wouldn't stay longer.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great Wolf Lodge is always great and never a disappointment. About to go for the 3rd time in a few days! Water park is a great place to visit. The activities are nearly endless. The breakfast buffet is just amazing. Be sure to get there early,or it will be very stuffed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brockville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We just came back from GWL and it was enjoyable. We spent 2 full days at the park and the kids did all the rides dozens of times. The room was ok a little old looking( time to upgrade). The earwigs were the biggest problem as this freaked out my wife. The beds were comfortable and fridge kept things cold.

We only ate at the GWL for lunch as the rest of the time we seeked out some local places.

One thing I would recommend to GWL is put some signs up going north on 611 as you are on top of the driveway before you know it without warning.

Would we go back? Of course....I just wish the pricing would be a tad lower.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!