“Not too friendly or accommodating to customers” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Marys
“Not too friendly or accommodating to customers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Two star rating. It's all about money. You can get more value for your money staying elsewhere in the area. Would not stay there again. Very unfriendly management. They used to put out refreshments in the lobby for swimmers but took them out this year, trying to squeeze every penny out of you

• Stayed December 2014
Linda C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank You for your feedback. Unfortunately we are at the tail end of or remodel and once completed we will have the fresh baked cookies again. As of now with all the dust and things it would be impossible to guarantee the cookies are not contaminated with dirt. Refreshments were for all the guests which consisted of fresh baked cookies and fresh brewed coffee as well as hot water for tea and hot chocolate which we do still have in our meeting room where breakfast is served. As for unfriendly management, please call me and let me know who you are speaking of therefore I know how to address that person. Our indoor pool will be back open once they are completed with the remodel down there and also there has never been refreshments allowed in the pool area. I hope you have a wonderful day and Happy Holidays.
Linda Carpin G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for almost a week with no problems! They were under construction when we went, but we were still very satisfied with the visit. The rooms are comfortable and staff was very nice. The only complaint I have is the parking which is very limited. However, that problem should be fixed after construction is finished. I definitely recommend here over Gunners!!

Stayed November 2014
Linda C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank You for you kind words and great feedback. I have shared this with my staff and they were happy as well. We do our very best to make all of our guests happy and have pleasant stays. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a wonderful day.
Chicora, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We always attend the Chainsaw Rendezvous the end of February in Ridgeway and have always booked a king hot tub room for the weekend. Only about 15 minutes from the "Vous". The only complaint I have is that the hot tub is only big enough for one person. The Comfort Inn has a great hot breakfast, but we always get up early and drive to Rose's Roadside Diner for Breakfast. Very hearty breakfasts; Potato pancakes are fantastic and they sell out quick. Right next door to Rose's is Elk Mountain Winery, a must stop. Their wines have the wildest names! We have stayed at the Comfort inn the past 5 years. Best Western is about 1/2 mile away. Gunner's is about 1.5 miles away in St Marys. They have a very romantic hot tub suite at about $140/night, but the rest of the "Inn" is dreadful to say the least. Gunner's has a bar and restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Linda C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your positive feedback and unfortunately we will no longer have Jacuzzi rooms. They are now suites with a sitting area. We do still have our indoor heated pool which is getting painted and the fitness center is going to be bigger. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a wonderful day.
cleveland, oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

Don't go here until they're done with renovations. Even then, I'd go to the best western. The parking lot is filled with tractor trailer rigs that look abandoned. Walls are paper thin, even with the renovations. Supposed to become a holiday inn express. Even they cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Linda C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
I do apologize for the tractor trailers in our parking lot as they are full of our new furniture, carpet, tile, wallpaper, new beds and everything for a complete remodel. We are to be completed by the end of the year. The adjoining seem thin as for the connecting doors. Have a wonderful day.

Travelers are raving about these Saint Marys hotels

Girardville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Hotel is under renovations. Pool was drained on Friday, but they weren't starting work until Monday. Poor planning. I was there two years ago and the pool was closed then too. Our room was right behind the elevator and that's all we heard all night long. Clerk was outside smoking when we arrived to check in and again when we returned later. Lobby smelled of smoke. Clerk also said that it was being turned into a Holiday Inn Express and that's why it was being renovated. Guess I won't be able to use my Comfort Inn points card there anymore. I'll have to find a different place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Linda C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
Thank you so much for such kind feedback. I have shared this with my staff. Have a pleasant day. Linda C. GM
Wexford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn for two nights while attending a wedding. After reading some past reviews, I was pensive; however, my wife and I's experience was very good. We both agreed we enjoyed our stay, and would return.

Our room was on the third floor, which is apparently the only floor that had been renovated. The room itself was much better than we had anticipated. It had two very nice queen(?) beds, new carpeting, excellent A/C, and plasma TV. The mattress and pillows were great; both of us slept wonderfully both nights. I normally have trouble falling asleep the first night in a new place, but not here. The free wifi worked great.

The shower and sink had some wear and tear, including some mold spots on the tub, but, nothing terrible. The toilet ran constantly, but, again, not a major problem for us. Simply keeping the bathroom door closed eliminated any excess noise.

I did not have the opportunity to use the pool, but, the pool area looked great. Arriving late, and being a member of the wedding party kept us from enjoying this aspect. It's a shame, because I do love an indoor pool.

What needs to be commended was the work of the individuals behind the front desk, Roman and Cruz. Both of these men treated us well, were professional, and very accommodating. Both were happy to help me with my litany of strange requests; I can't speak highly enough of their professionalism. Kudos to them.

This property has its faults. The areas not renovated (the majority of the property) can show their age. Our room actually did not have a DO NOT DISTURB placard, which led to some confusion. There is only one ice machine, and it is on the ground floor. Personally, I felt the pool closed too early.

However, these minor issues did not prevent us from thoroughly enjoying our stay. If we are in the Saint Mary's area again, we'll certainly be back. This property's service, excellent bedding, and amenities are more than enough to return.

Room Tip: Renovated rooms are on the third floor. I would recommend these.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Linda C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2014
Thank you for all your positive feed back. I have shared this with my staff it made there day. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Thanks again have a wonderful day.
Sincerely Linda Carpin GM
Oil City, Pa 16301
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

We will be staying at Comfort Inn on our next trip to St.Mary's too. Even though they were remodeling some areas, the rooms were very nice. We were given the price that was stated online.The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Linda C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Thank You for your feedback. I have shared it with my staff. Our completion for the remodel is Dec.2014. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a wonderful day.
Sincerely, Linda Carpin G.M.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!