“This guy can cook!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Description: Cajun/creole influenced restaurant and full service bar located in Royersford, Pa. We offer a varied menu, nightly specials, gourmet burgers,12 revolving craft beers on tap, & catering services. ‎
Philadelphia suburb
“This guy can cook!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have never had a dish here that I didn't like, my husband is crazy about this place. Every dish that comes out of the kitchen looks like a work of art. Be forewarned that when it's busy, it may take a little extra time to get your order, but they are making the items from scratch and fresh for each order. There's a nice ambiance and pretty good music so with a glass of wine or beer, it's nothing I'd complain about. It seems that even their sauces are made order by order. The maque choux tastes just like it's made in New Orleans.
Best dish ever was the shrimp and scallops in a sherry reduction sauce served over the smashed potatoes with shaved mushrooms. It was taken off the menu, but if you ask and they have the ingredients, they'll make it. Great crabcakes, sausage sampler and andouille meatloaf.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, United States
“A favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Love this place! Nothing to look at and you might even think twice before going in, but the food is awesome! Andy the Waiter is fantastic too! Right on with his suggestions and service! The tuna steak is one of my favorites! Portions are very large and always good!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
philadelphia area
“Many beer choices and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

So I don't drink beer but my husband does and he loves a lot of beer choices, especially Nitro ones. So he was happy here from the get-go.
I like really spicy food and I was happy with my choice of the blackened tuna and green beans. Even the green beans had a bite to them. My husband had the jambalaya and declared it good.
I love the ambiance of the room and it was a very pleasant child-free experience for us. We have four under the age of the 10 and the wait for food and the spiciness would have made them unbearable...they are more of the chain restaurant type of kid. There was a very well-behaved boy at the table next to us and they do have a children's menu so you can bring kids here.
I'm a dessert eater. I never get alcohol and always look for the healthiest entrée just so I can splurge on dessert. But after I saw the dessert options, I wasn't really tempted.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, PA
“Terrible service...not likely to return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I probably will not return after being a loyal customer for many, many years. The service was horrendous. We had to ask for every last thing - water, napkins, corn bread, bread plates. Waitress seemed like a deer in the headlights. One appetizer, the jambalaya Mac and Cheese arrived when we were completely finished our meals and the waitress didn't even apologize. We simply asked for a box for it. We also mistakenly left the box of food behind when we left, completely our fault, but upon immediately turning around and going back in to retrieve it, we were told it was thrown out already. Gee, they did nothing in a hurry our entire meal, but they sure wasted no time discarding our untouched food! Very poor and as I mentioned, I have been coming here many years. I really think this will be the last time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Park Ridge, New Jersey
“try the fried pickles and stromboli pot pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The menu was fun and delicious. We started off with the fried pickles - these were thin pickle chips' floured, fried and served with a creole mustard sauce on top. The best pickle chips ever. One of their specials was a Stromboli pot pie - an 8 x8 baking dish filled with ham' sausage, mozzarella cheese and excellent tomato sauce, and topped (pot-pie style) with a pizza's ought like crust. It was huge - would have taken the rest home if we lived closer. Although we didn't sit at the bar, the bar area was more crowded than the dining room, but both areas serve the same food. Overall, this was a great find.

Visited June 2013