“Our overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Ronks
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania, United States
“Our overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at Cherry Lane overnight and had a very nice experience. The room was very clean. It had just been newly painted and was nicely decorated. The queen-sized beds were very comfortable. Our room also contained a mini-microwave and frig. The next morning we enjoyed a complementary continental breakfast. The owner and staff were very cooperative and accommodating! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Powell, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was our second stay here and we have reservations for another stay at the end of the month. It is located just out of the busy downtown area, but convenient to everything we came to see. The sound of the horse and buggies is pleasant. Peter and his wife are very friendly. If you are looking for elegance and frills this is not it. If you want simple comforts at an affordable price and want to be just far enough away from the city to be quiet, this is it.

Room Tip: Ground floors are the only available in the winter. Request that the heat be turned up ahead of time...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was the third time I stayed in this Inn and I was impressed by the huge improvement made by the owner on the property as compared to the first 2 years we were there. The room is spacious with 2 new queen beds, clean, with cable TV, frig and microwave oven. Location is ideal as it is far from the screeching noises of cars and trucks in the main highway, and the friendliness and amicability of the owner (who told me that the renovation is far from over) is the main issue why we would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New Hartford, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We (2 adults) visit Lancaster regularly but had never stayed at the Cherry Lane before. This is an older complex with probably 30 rooms or so and a pool outside. It's located conveniently to the outlets and all the restaurants but it's not on the main, noisy road. The managers were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean with 2 queen beds and a flat screen TV. Rates were reasonable too. My only complaint would be that the room was a little 'dated' (I hate that word) and the drape on the door was not secure. All in all I was very comfortable and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cherry Lane Motor Inn about 5 years ago and it was a nice little motor inn back off the main drag, so we decided to stay again. All I can say in we will never stay here again, the room was dated, the carpet was dirty (in the room as well as the stairway), the mini blinds were falling apart and even though they had a flat screen tv in the room the cable ran across the mini fridge and the floor lamp. We only stayed because by the time we arrived it was late. On the positive side, the bedding was comfy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I came to visit this motel with my parents not to long ago. Not only was it easy to locate, but the motel owners are very nice people and were a pleasure to talk with. The rooms were big and kept clean. I really did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Made reservations this past Aug. for rooms in Oct....needed 2 rooms for 4 people. Upon completion of my reservation and confirming my Cr. Card # with the women who took the reservation, and kept putting me on hold, to take care of some kids, and than to check the rates... I asked for a confirmation #. I was told I didn't need a #, just give my name when I arrive. The Thursday before we are to leave for our trip to Ronks, I call Cherry Lane to confirm my reserservation. I'm told by someone, that he has no record of a reservation for me. So I explain that when I called, the women that took my credit card said I did not need a conf. # just give my name... He tells me to do the same thing when I arrive on Friday, I asked if I would have a room, sure, just give your name. Fine, we arrive last Saturday, to find out that we have no reservation. The gentlemen behind the counter was quite adament about the fact that they give confirmation #'s and send out e-mails. He continues to tell me about their conf. # and e-mail policy, and that he was disconnectd while speaking to me on my call to confirm on the Thursday evening.....Now he is pretty much accusing me that I did not make a reservation....Seriously, would I actually show up...4 people on one of the busiest times in Lancaster County with friends, without a reservation. I visit the Ronks, & Intercourse area at least 4 times a year.....and always with reservations at some place, unless we are there just for the day........ What really bothered me was the fact that he continued to pretty much tell me that I was lieing about my reservation.. ...I have two other people with me and this was suppose to be a friends get-away week-end. After bickering back and forth, he offers to get us a room elsewhere. Well, to make a long story short, he succeeded and he actually made good for the difference in price. Which we appreciated, but because the error was initially their faul, I think that was the least he could have done for us...As far as I knew, I had a reservation from August!! Bottom line....I will not be making plans to return to the Cherry Lane Motor Inn.....besides...we did ask to see a room, and yes they are very dated; however; they didn't smell very clean ..there was a terrible, musty oder...and the rugs were quite dirty.......I looked at my friend, and we smiled.... and once we left we said ....we were glad that we didn't have to stay there, because the smell was so bad.
So everything happens for a reason, and the good that came out of this was the fact that we did get to stay in a very modern, clean, large and pleasant smelling chain hotel.

Room Tip: Try to see the room before you book. Very disappointing....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Cherry Lane Motor Inn? Share your experiences!