“Quiet and Convenient” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Ronks
New Hartford, NY
“Quiet and Convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We (2 adults) visit Lancaster regularly but had never stayed at the Cherry Lane before. This is an older complex with probably 30 rooms or so and a pool outside. It's located conveniently to the outlets and all the restaurants but it's not on the main, noisy road. The managers were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean with 2 queen beds and a flat screen TV. Rates were reasonable too. My only complaint would be that the room was a little 'dated' (I hate that word) and the drape on the door was not secure. All in all I was very comfortable and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cherry Lane Motor Inn about 5 years ago and it was a nice little motor inn back off the main drag, so we decided to stay again. All I can say in we will never stay here again, the room was dated, the carpet was dirty (in the room as well as the stairway), the mini blinds were falling apart and even though they had a flat screen tv in the room the cable ran across the mini fridge and the floor lamp. We only stayed because by the time we arrived it was late. On the positive side, the bedding was comfy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I came to visit this motel with my parents not to long ago. Not only was it easy to locate, but the motel owners are very nice people and were a pleasure to talk with. The rooms were big and kept clean. I really did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Made reservations this past Aug. for rooms in Oct....needed 2 rooms for 4 people. Upon completion of my reservation and confirming my Cr. Card # with the women who took the reservation, and kept putting me on hold, to take care of some kids, and than to check the rates... I asked for a confirmation #. I was told I didn't need a #, just give my name when I arrive. The Thursday before we are to leave for our trip to Ronks, I call Cherry Lane to confirm my reserservation. I'm told by someone, that he has no record of a reservation for me. So I explain that when I called, the women that took my credit card said I did not need a conf. # just give my name... He tells me to do the same thing when I arrive on Friday, I asked if I would have a room, sure, just give your name. Fine, we arrive last Saturday, to find out that we have no reservation. The gentlemen behind the counter was quite adament about the fact that they give confirmation #'s and send out e-mails. He continues to tell me about their conf. # and e-mail policy, and that he was disconnectd while speaking to me on my call to confirm on the Thursday evening.....Now he is pretty much accusing me that I did not make a reservation....Seriously, would I actually show up...4 people on one of the busiest times in Lancaster County with friends, without a reservation. I visit the Ronks, & Intercourse area at least 4 times a year.....and always with reservations at some place, unless we are there just for the day........ What really bothered me was the fact that he continued to pretty much tell me that I was lieing about my reservation.. ...I have two other people with me and this was suppose to be a friends get-away week-end. After bickering back and forth, he offers to get us a room elsewhere. Well, to make a long story short, he succeeded and he actually made good for the difference in price. Which we appreciated, but because the error was initially their faul, I think that was the least he could have done for us...As far as I knew, I had a reservation from August!! Bottom line....I will not be making plans to return to the Cherry Lane Motor Inn.....besides...we did ask to see a room, and yes they are very dated; however; they didn't smell very clean ..there was a terrible, musty oder...and the rugs were quite dirty.......I looked at my friend, and we smiled.... and once we left we said ....we were glad that we didn't have to stay there, because the smell was so bad.
So everything happens for a reason, and the good that came out of this was the fact that we did get to stay in a very modern, clean, large and pleasant smelling chain hotel.

Room Tip: Try to see the room before you book. Very disappointing....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Greeley, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently spent 4 nights here, exploring the Lancaster area. We liked this motel for being off of the busiest roadway (Hwy 30), surrounded by farmland instead of more businesses. It was super-busy on Sat., and the soundproofing wasn't terribly effective, but there are a lot of good features. The rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable, if dated (mentioned by others), and it is always nice to have the small refrigerator and microwave to have a smaller meal (huge meals are typical here, and one needs a break!). The continental breakfast was adequate, with cereal and a variety of breads, plus bananas and juice. We thought the management was friendly and helpful. If what you are looking for is high-end, this is not the place to choose, but for an economical option that is totally functional and in the center of many of the Lancaster sites, this is a great option!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights. The facility was somewhat dated, but very clean, quiet, and the bed was quite comfortable. The flat screen tv featured basic cable channels, the sink area was separate from the bath/shower area, the sleeping area was rather large with a small dining area that included fridge and microwave. The owners and staff were always pleasant and courteous, and they addressed our requests promptly and professionally. For example, when I could not get laundry soap from the dispenser, the housekeeper dropped what she was doing and retrieved some liquid soap for me. Overall, this was one of the better motel experiences I've had lately. I hope to return here next year.

Room Tip: Rooms adjacent to the Amish farm are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed for one night, there were 5 of us in 2 separate rooms. The rooms were fairly clean ( the bedding was clean and the bathroom was clean) But the rest of the Motel was laid out really weird, windows on the rooms, but there was a hall on the other side of the window, so why the windows? The parking lot was full, but we never saw a single person. No rooms lit or TV playing...nothing. It was kind of creepy. The Bates Motel comes to mind. Do not believe the website photos, the beds in those photos don't look like the beds in the rooms...at least not in the rooms we had. The halls were filled all kinds of nooks and crannies and make it tricky finding your room. Last but not least the halls had a strong smell Curry. I won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Spend a few more dollars and stay at another motel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Cherry Lane Motor Inn? Share your experiences!