“Ate their twice in two days and the food is really good!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Ronks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lancaster PA Restaurant & Smorgasbord 85 years ago... Anna Miller served chicken & waffles to truckers as her husband repaired their rigs. It was a simple dish, but it was always served up with a smile. Today our tried & true recipes may not be as simple, but they are prepared with the freshest ingredients ... And they are still served up with a smile. If you miss Miller's, you miss Lancaster County.
Colleyville
“Ate their twice in two days and the food is really good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Miller's lives up to its reputation and the food is wonderful. If they can please some on the most cantankerous patrons I have ever seen than they can please anyone. I had their soup and salad at lunch and the full dinner smorgasbord as they call it in PA. the next night. Great salads, great chicken, wonderful prime rib and we must not forget the shrimp and desert. I had 4 courses tonight and was well pleases. Not that they need my review or anyone's review but I just wanted everyone to give them a try when in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dana B, Public Relations Manager at Miller's Smorgasbord, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. I’m glad you enjoyed our traditional scratch-made heritage dishes, homemade soups and in-house baked desserts! Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again.

Philadelphia PA
“Beautiful Mother's Day meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We arrived on Mother's day around noon and were told it was all reservations only and we could take a number if we wanted to try to wait to see if someone wouldn't show up for their reservation. We said we'd give it a half an hour, which we did and we were called. Table of 4 with view of the highway lol. Last year we had a view of the cows and farm on the other side of the building, which my kids loved, but we couldn't be picky since we were lucky to get in at all. When we were seated, we were immediately told we had until 2 pm to eat. It was approx. 12:45. I asked the woman who seated us what they would do if we weren't finished lol...kick us out? She replied that they hope we could follow their guidelines. Ok....so we made our way to the buffet. Food is ok. Nothing too exciting. Good fried chicken, 3 soups, salad bar, carved turkey, mac & cheese, a few vegetables. Our waitress was great and brought drinks to us without asking. They wouldn't have to do so much running around if they just gave glasses that are a wee bit larger, the ones they give you are so small and when filled to the top with ice, not much beverage to last you. For dessert, we had ice cream and cake. Very nice but not sure it was worth the $70+ we spent for what we ate. I felt like even though we were under the time limit, we were a little rushed out of there. Stinks because I went to this place last year for Mother's day for the first time and liked it so much that I decided to go back this year and it wasn't the same.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dana B, Public Relations Manager at Miller's Smorgasbord, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us. We allot a timeframe for our guests on Mother's Day to help plan our seating, scheduling and to best manage the flow of reservations throughout the day. I’m so sorry that you felt rushed as a result. Thank you for your comments and I hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Toms River, New Jersey
“Attempted to try”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The wife and I went in to eat and we needed to sit closer to the food area because of walking disabilities. We wanted to sit here nearby, and the woman stated no we don't serve anyone there. I said excuse me and she stated that I must sit where she wants us to sit. The rudeness and the fact of prices ($24.95) per person. This we did and waitress informed us that is the way it is. To say the least, we did find a finer place to eat and the hospitality was a 1,000 better also. We got to sit where we wanted, and and throughly enjoyed our meal for $37.67 of all we could eat. It pays to shop around and enjoy your surroundings and hospitality.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience with us and felt as though you were mistreated. I will share your comments to our Management team. We take all guest feedback very seriously and do our best to use it as a guide for improvement. I hope that we will have the chance to serve you in the near future.
Advance, North Carolina
“We were given a time limit to eat!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

When our tour bus arrived, an employee of MIller's stepped on board, and the last thing he said was that we had an hour and 15 minutes to eat. Our large group felt like we had been slapped in the face! We had traveled across 4 states to get to Miller's and had a reservation, so they knew we were coming. But we had no idea we were given a time limit to enjoy our dinner. Once we were seated, we noticed plenty of empty seats around us, and throughout our meal, the empty seats did not fill up. Our reservation was for 6:45 p.m. and around 7:30 p.m. we noticed they started shutting down buffet stations. We then realized why we were given a time limit to eat - the employees of Miller's want to make sure they get off work on time and don't have to stay late!

The food was good - not the best I've ever eaten, but very tasty. Our favorite area was the desserts where you could get a warm piece of pie with ice cream. Yummy! The employees at the dessert station were the nicest and most friendly in the entire establishment. After we hurried through our meal in order to avoid surpassing our 1.5 hour time limit, we enjoyed shopping at the gift shop located in the same building as the restaurant. Please note - we were not given a time limit to spend money in their gift shop.

We were very disappointed the quilt shop in the parking lot of Miller's was closed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
I’m sorry that you felt rushed during your recent group meal with us. We do allot approximately 70 minutes for our groups to enjoy their meal, and indicate such on our group reservation confirmations that are sent. We will review the way in which it is stated on our confirmations to make sure that it is made clearer in advance of arrival. We allot a timeframe for all large groups to help plan our seating, scheduling and to best manage the flow of reservations throughout the day. Again, I’m so sorry that you felt rushed as a result. I will share your comments with our management team. Thank you for your comments and I hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Waterford, Michigan
“Soup and Salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My wife and I went here the first night we stayed at the Red Caboose Motel. I had the soup and salad, unlimited, an excellent value. Full smorgasbord look great but was a little expensive to compared to others in the area

Visited April 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. I'm glad that you enjoyed our 8 homemade soups and our delicious salad and bread buffet! We look forward to serving you again in the near future.