“Plate-sized sausage patties - wowser!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Plate-sized sausage patties - wowser!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My thinking is that breakfast food is lunch food, dinner food, and snack food. When I went to Jennie's for "dinner," I had breakfast. I like to make myself a bacon and egg sandwich on toast, but, upon learning the sausage was local, I wanted to give it a try. My heavens! They bought out a patty almost the size of a bread plate. Okay, slight exaggeration, but I'm NOT exaggerating when I say it was both bigger and thicker - by a large margin - than a Big Mac patty. It was deliciously spiced. The scrambled eggs, while not dry, were not as... airy? as I like. They were fine, though, as was the bread. The tea was okay. My friend, when asked if she could sample the chili, was practically given a whole cup of it. She said it was good. When asked to have a grilled hot dog that was almost black - and assured that it could be done - she was disappointed in the result. The service was good.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania
“Great service, old fashioned diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I love diner food, And this diner was no exception. The folks were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was delicious.

Visited February 2014
“Best Place to eat EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Yes the outside of the place leaves something to be desired, and even the cramped seating, but the food, friendly staff and the great prices make it all worth it. My husband and I go here once a year when we are in the area and I must say, we love love love this place. The portions are huge so we always end up leaving with food, but the prices are way beyond fair for what you get. You pay the same price at a regular restaurant like Denny's and get 1/3 the portion and doesn't even compare in taste. The food here taste so delicious and I love the homestyle cooking. Have absolutely nothing bad to say about it really.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
River Edge, New Jersey
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Jennie’s is a Route 30. It's a little truck stop but has good food. The portions here are huge, but that's ok we just take it back to our room and have a late night snack. I know everyone talks about the pancakes, Oh boy they are BIG. The meatloaf is also very good. We have been coming here for about 3 years now when we are in town and we will keep on coming back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hammonton, New Jersey
“A True Diner Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Smack in the middle of nowhere, this tiny little diner car houses some of the best breakfast food we've had on the road. We found it by dumb luck and were pleasantly surprised.

This is a true, real, authentic diner car. Old, Vintage, whatever you want to call it. but it's the real deal!

The portions here are huge. I had 1 pancake and an egg. The pancake was the size of a steering wheel yet still delicious and didn't really have to eat again until dinner time. The prices were cheap for what you got.

There were 4 of us in the booth and there really wasn't much room for us. Luckily, none of us are very large people.

I really like the homage paid to the local heroes, with photos of servicemen and women who have been in the diner displayed all around the inside of the car. It's a true diner car experience.

• Visited April 2013