“Accomodating and gracious to a child with egg and peanut allergies.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dienner's Country Restaurant

Dienner's Country Restaurant
2855 Lincoln Hwy E, Ronks, PA 17572-9607
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Ronks
Cuisines: American, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Buffet, Dessert
“Accomodating and gracious to a child with egg and peanut allergies.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

so difficult to find a Buffet that will find a way to help out a family with a food allergy child. Yet even though we arrived after the optional menu was over, our server, Linda managed to get our little guy an alternate meal.all the ladies were kind enough to check dessert ingredients.So Gabriel enjoyed his meal as did the rest of the family. Buffet and desserts were outstanding and the cost makes it possible for a family of6 to sample new things and enjoy our favorites. Will be back. Thank you, Dienners and Staff. Grateful Nana

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, PA
“Good value buffet, with some caveats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

A family buffet is a tradition in Amish Country, and Dienner's is a good place to indulge in this tradition -- especially if you don't want to spend a lot of money. Most of the Lancaster buffets are around $20, but this one is about $10. The main difference seems to be that Dienner's skimps a bit on selection and the quality of the beef dish (you'll get a pot roast in sauce that they call "beef tips," instead of roast beef), but the overall experience is similar. Frankly, a couple of extra meat dishes and slightly better beef isn't worth the $10 difference.

And the food they do serve on the buffet is generally pretty tasty, and typical of "Pennsylvania Dutch cooking." I particularly recommend the chicken. The soups and sides are pretty good too, and the dessert selection is very good.

One problem with the place, though, is that it's a bit too popular. At busy times, you have to wait. Since the food is only good and not excellent, I'm not sure it's worth a, say, 45 minute wait. We showed up at 2:30 on a Saturday, and waited almost 50 minutes. Worse, being seated after 3:00 pushed us from the lunch price ($9.65) to the weekend dinner price ($11.95) -- the only difference being we also got fried shrimp and fried cod sticks. Both were OK, not terrific, and didn't really enhance our enjoyment of the buffet.

Another caveat is that the non-buffet menu here isn't very extensive, and basically consists of the same items available ON the buffet menu. And a single serving with no soup or salad or dessert costs almost the same as the buffet. So it doesn't really make much sense to order a la carte. So this isn't a particularly good restaurant to go to if you're not very hungry or don't like buffets.

All that said, if you go at a less busy time with moderate expectations, you'll get a good value buffet at Dienners. I won't be rushing back, but I'd certainly consider another meal here if I wanted an Amish-style buffet.

Visited September 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“best breakfast in town.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

we sat at the counter. I ordered creamed chipped beef; there was soooo much food on my plate that I barely made a dent in it and was stuffed until dinner. My husband and son had eggs. No conversation was had until they were done. Great atmosphere too! The girls at the counter were a joy!

Visited August 2013
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“Great Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently had a great lunch at Dienner's. I had the buffet, and liked everything I tried. Everything tasted fresh and delicious. The buffet includes a soup and salad bar, a main course bar, and a dessert bar. We had about a 15 minute wait for a table. They give you a beeper, and you are able to look around in the shop next door, so we didn't even mind the wait. The lunch buffet is only about $10.00 per person, which is a great price for the amount and quality of food you have. I would definitely go back to this restaurant the next time in Lancaster.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bridgeport Pa
“Very good place at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat that was not a chain type of place, so once again we turned to tripadvisor. Again we were not disapointed. The place had a very nice atmosphere nothing fancy. We had the buffet that at first glance I would have turned around and walked out, not bcause it was not clean it was very well stocked and very clean. It just did not have much of a selection. As it turned out the selection was more than adequate and as the reviews called it the food was like going to moms for dinner. The food was hot and tasted great. For $ 11.95 all you can eat dinner this was fantastic. When in the area we will be back there again. Dont go if your on a diet because you will blow that for sure. Great service and great food for a fantastic price.

• Visited September 2013