“Great value for the $$” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Ronks
Corning, NY
“Great value for the $$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times. It's not a luxury suite by any means, but if you are looking for a CLEAN, well maintained place to stay in the Lancaster area, this is worth a try. Beds are very comfortable, and easy access onto to Rt. 30.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Burnsville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was very happy with my room. (45) It has a regular window that you can open for fresh air, although the road is pretty noisy with traffic. Still, it's nice to have fresh air.
My room was clean and included fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board. Don't remember if there was a coffee maker, since I don't drink coffee.
This is a small motel with parking at your door. No pool or breakfast. Just a clean place to sleep at a great price. $48 for weeknight, $60 for Friday night with free internet.
I will stay there again on all trips to Lancaster County.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
East Longmeadow, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

What can I say..it was super cheap, but clean. NO bed bugs (yes-I checked before putting anything in the room!!) You don't get all the extras, and some of the panel board on the wall in the bathroom had cracks/could tell it was covered from water damage. Other than that, at least the damage was covered, there were no smells (other than the normal horse odors outside from the buggies), and everything in the room worked. The room was actually bigger than I anticipated, with a kitchenette type room off the main area with a separate door. I went with my husband and 2 kids under 3, and I wasn't worried about anything (safety/cleanliness, etc.) for any of us. We stayed for one night as we passed through for an attraction, and I am extremely happy with the choice. We weren't needing the pools/extra amenities and were only there to really sleep. The beds were decent enough for the price-a little hard, but nothing terrible (I am just used to a super soft bed). Probably not the best place to ask for directions (everything seems to just be "down the street"-which may be the whole area's answer to things whether it is a block away or 10 miles), but that was out only "problem" if you even call it one. Would definitely stay here again if I went back there.

Room Tip: Best pricing was a direct link through tripadvisor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Wilson, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at this motel several times over the years and always found it accomodating, nothing fancy, but we liked the locale. We stayed late December to see the Christmas play at Millinium theatre, the night before we were to check out my wife became ill and was unable to travel until early afternoon, which put us a couple hours late checking out. I went to the office and spoke to the woman owner she seemed gracious and said it would be ok and there would be no extra charge. When I went to pay the bill I saw the man owner/husband leave the room and the woman had put an extra 20 dollar charge on the bill. I asked why and she said it was for not checking out on time, I confronted her with what she had said earlier and she became irate and swore that she had never agreed to her earlier promise of no charge. Sorry but I don't tolerate liars very well and we won't go back. The family is not from this country and although they put on a good front of being nice to clientale I've seen them show their prejudices at times over the years especially the husband. I guess we experienced it first hand.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and I usually stay in a cabin at millbridge camp resort, but this time they were sold out for the 4th. We have a little one as well. We decided to give this little hotel a try as it was a little less than a 1/2 mile from the resort and we could still go there for the activities. The owners at the red carpet in are extremely kind and the maintain the hotel themselves. It is very clean!!!. The hotel is a 1/2 mile to the outlets as well. You can not beat the price either, we would highly recoment this place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PAgirl19
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I stayed there for 6 days in July, and had nothing but problems with them. First of all, they say that they are dog friendly when you talk to them on the phone, but that's not the case when you get there. When we checked in, no one said anything, but they expect you to not walk your dog anywhere near their grass... you must walk them on the road, which has people that travel quite over the speed limit. They didn't clean the hotel room ANY of the 6 days, they were rude, just everything a hotel shouldn't be. It was a horrible experience dealing with them.

• Stayed July 2009
richlandtown, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed for one night so we didn't need any special amenities, and that's what we got. Not even a continental breakfast (which we would have preferred to have...I should have looked more closely at the web site). For shopping and two great smorgasboards, the location is great! Room was nice. Some cosmettics could be used around the tub, but not disgusting. Lady at the desk was very nice. Will not stay there when we go back to the area w/our kids...they'd be bored silly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!