“Sadly Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Beachwood, New Jersey
“Sadly Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner last Friday night. The place was full but there was no wait. Based on all the great reviews, we were really looking forward to having dinner here. I so badly wanted to like this place but unfortunately this was our first and most likely our last time here. The atmosphere was nothing fancy. It was exactly as you would expect it to be. Which was fine. The hostess and our server were both very friendly. The menu is not very large but does offer a nice variety and reasonable prices. I chose the special for the night, chicken croquets.( A favorite of mine) It came with two small croquets, mashed potatoes & applesauce. My husband ordered the famous meatloaf with mashed potatoes and carrots. Neither came with a salad although we did order two cups of Chicken Corn Noodle soup. Which was served very hot but tasted only so-so. The dinner rolls were probably the best thing of the night. Didn't care for the peanut butter spread. Just something about that didn't go with dinner. When our entrees arrived they looked ok but once we took our first bite we knew we regretted our decision to have dinner here. I don't even know how to describe how bad they both tasted. I truly believe it was the first time neither one of us finished our dinners. And not because we were full. We left without desert or saying anything. Afterwards we went to Target for some tums. I knew the kind of food that they served here. Like I said, I wanted to like it. But we just didn't care for it at all.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Clementon, New Jersey
“Real food and easy on the wallet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We've been here a few times and have never been disappointed. The place is clean, easy parking, friendly service where the server smiles and looks at you when she speaks. I've had the ham loaf and chicken croquettes. Both were great, but just two small croquettes was a bit light for me.
They start you off with a roll and some homemade peanut butter spread. Doesn't sound good, but it is. If you ask for another roll, you will be charged for it, though. They also have sweet potato fries.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“Not fancy - just plain good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Katie's Kitchen was recommended to us by the clerk at our motel. The owners, she told us, are Amish, and the waitresses all wore Amish style clothing. The food was tasty, and the portions were quite large. The pies were delicious!
All-in-all, it was a pleasant, relaxing dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“I don't see what all the excitement was about, but absolutely nothing wrong with the place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Before arriving in the area, I had seen the great reviews of the place, and it was recommended to us by a local.
Although nothing was bad about the place, it really is just average. Its like a diner or a deli. The service was great, the food average. Desserts looked great. I think some people get over excited about the thought of "Amish cooking".

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winter Park, Florida
“Cute, quiet, and oh so friendly!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have passed Katie's Kitchen on Route 896 many times, and today was the perfect time to give it a try. We arrived about 11:30, and there was no wait for a booth beside the windows. We were greeted at the door by a friendly young lady, and all the waitresses went out of their way to be kind and helpful. The menu is filled with good choices for lunch and everything we chose was delicious. The Chicken Corn Noodle Soup was perfect for the chill in the air today. The special was a Grilled Reuben and they were happy to substitute turkey for the corned beef, which my husband preferred. Grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches and grilled ham and cheese were also ordered. If you are ready for a good meal, fair prices, and smiling faces, this is the place to go. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner - Tuesday through Saturday during the winter months.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere