We stayed at the Red Caboose a couple of nights in November 2013. We were in the B and O caboose with our 2 boys - 6 and 3. It was very cold outside but we were able to stay warm inside with the heaters. The caboose had a full size bed in the front room and twin bunk beds in the back. The bathroom was small - to be expected in a caboose - and was comparable to an RV bathroom. The caboose was very clean.
Our sons loved staying in a caboose and said it was the best hotel ever. I would equate it with staying in a RV. Neat experience and something you do for the kids. We also found the roosters crowing and chickens charming and part of the fun and ambiance of staying in Amish Country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Caboose offers a unique Strasburg, PA lodging experience for families, couples, or train history enthusiasts. The Red Caboose Motel is located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We are surrounded by Amish Farms, The Strasburg Railroad, The Railroad Museum and many more Lancaster County attractions. The Red Caboose Motel features 46 rooms consisting of cabooses, a baggage car, and a post office car (many newly restored). Try our PA Dutch menu in one of our two authentic dining cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Red Caboose Motel, Restaurant & Gift Shop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Caboose Motel, Restaurant And Gift Shop
- Red Caboose Motel, Restaurant & Gift Shop Hotel Strasburg
- Red Caboose Strasburg
- Red Caboose Hotel
- Red Caboose Motel, Restaurant & Gift Shop Ronks, PA - Lancaster County