“The BEST place in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Rockwood
Cuisines: American
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The BEST place in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

OK, OK, so it's the ONLY place in town but that doesn't mean it isn't GREAT!

They actually have a few different types of eats inside so take your pick. I had a sandwich and soup in the cafe up front and Pizza for dinner in the back. All the food was wonderful after a day riding the GAP and all the people here were wonderful. In fact the entire town is geared towards service to the GAP trail users and I'd much rather spend my money here.

A number of the towns along the GAP have geared their services towards the tail users and are to be commended for the wonderful service and attitude they give the traveler.

Just an FYI Regarding Internet/Cell Phone access. Like many, many places along the GAP, the towns are too small to get their own towers and are located in-between hills so cell service can be spotty or completely non-existent. One sign along the GAP states "No Cell Service for the Next 32 Miles"; Keep that in mind when you plan to make reservations, keep in touch or connect with friends.
As far a Rockwood is concerned, while cell service is almost impossible, when I was there the kind owners had set up a "cell phone repeater" device in the Mill Shops area and, while it wouldn't work outside of the building, as long as my phone was set to allow ROAMING I could easily make and receive calls, texts, and email and even surf the web on my Android phone as long as I was inside.
I'll be back and would definitely recommend!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hedgesville, West Virginia
“We love your Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We love the pizza here. Get the one with the Ranch dressing and bacon. Amazing!!
It was a cool day, so I got a coffee out front that was pretty good also.

Visited September 2012
pittsburgh pa
“Day trip with woman group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I traveled by bus with my ladies group.The facility has a chair lift for those unable to navigate the numerous steps to the second floor where the shows take place. The first floor has numerous little shoppes with crafts and the kind of things you could find at a Cracker Barrel gift shop.The shows change constantly. A clean senior friendly stand up comedian was the entertainment the day I was there. The food was awesome as catered by the Oakhurst Tearoom. I do not know if they always do the catering or not but what we were served was fantastic. Staff will get a plate for those unable to manage the three or so (can't remember for sure) steps leading to a raised level where the food was served buffet style. To say that this food was good would be an understatement! If you could not find something yummy in that layout you were not trying! The chicken was tender and succulent. They also had carved ham,a vegetable medley,green beans, roasted potatoes,mac and cheese,coleslaw,salad,wide dutch style noodles with gravy, pasta salad and other stuff I am forgetting. Our group leader received many compliments as well as my own that it was one of the best, if not the best luncheon we have ever attended. I forgot to mention that the lovely and gracious owner gave a talk before the entertainment and lunch about the history of the mill. That was very interesting to me.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Judy P, Public Relations Manager at Rockwood Mill Shoppes & Opera House, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Hello,
I know it has been a couple yrs since your trip to arockwood Mill Shoppes & Opera House but I am following up with patrons to see if there is anything we can do to make it a better expierence for them. Also we want to optimize our market, therefore reaching out to past and present patrons asking how can WE reach you with specials and show agenda to keep you informed with what is new. Thank you for your time and hope to see you again.

Becky M.