“Overall A++” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Robinson
Baltimore, Maryland
“Overall A++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I've stayed at this Courtyard several times while traveling for business. Each time the staff went out of their way to make me feel "at-home", the airport shuttle service driver was prompt and friendly, and the check-in desk staff was helpful and welcoming. Rooms are clean, towels are soft, and the overall value for weekly travel can't be beat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
SOpdyke,
We appreciate your complimentary review of Courtyard Settlers Ridge. Our staff works hard to assure our guests feel at home by providing clean rooms with friendly, hospitable service. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards,
Alisa Faulk, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I love Marriott as a brand- in fact, I'm an elite member who stays in lots of them- and some properties obviously stand out from others. This particular location in the lovely Robinson/ Settler's Ridge shopping area, was unfortunately very average in every sense of the word. This is not an old property, it's still fairly new in fact- and that is where I become disappointed. Properties like this one, with so much going for it, need to TRY to maintain things a bit better. The furniture, the lobby, the parking lot, exterior and the amenities are all very modern and nice. The problem is in the housekeeping.

There were brownish specks sprayed all over the toilet area in the bathroom, and the germaphobe in me was pretty freaked out by that. There was some debris in the sheets when I pulled back the comforter of the bed and there were other marks and stains on the furniture and walls. The tv remote was greasy and the fridge and ice bucket were dirty. That to me, just means the housekeeping does the minimum required of them. If the rooms got a nice, deep cleaning that would make this property much nicer.

Dealing with check in and check out was ok- the front desk was fairly friendly. I didn't feel particularly welcomed- it was more of a robotic front desk staff. And I usually get upgrades depending on availability and late check out since I'm an elite member but these things never came up- and I'm certain the occupancy was not full on the night in question.

Basically, this property doesn't really do anything out of the ordinary to wow their guests- they simply hit the high points and hope for the best. I will say, however, that they offer free transportation to the area shopping and dining attractions- which is awesome and I really appreciate that amenity.

Management, please go over every room with your housekeeping supervisor. I mean, really look at the details like you would if you were a paying guest. You'll be surprised with what is being overlooked.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway- I believe those are all odd numbers.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
stormycakes,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. We regret your experience and sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not met with our excellence in service. I assure you that your comments have been addressed with our housekeeping staff in order to prevent future occurrences. We value your loyalty to our brand and hope to exceed your expectations should you return for another visit in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I travel quite a bit for business and have pretty high expectations, but when I'm paying for a weekend stay on my own, I have even higher ones. I used to live in Pittsburgh so I chose this hotel based on location and price for a January weekend was around $125, which was lower than comparables. Check-in was reasonably smooth. The room location was ok, it towards the end of the 5th floor? Housekeeping and the room itself was ok. Even though it's newer, it's showing some wear/tear and housekeeping has not kept it spotless or "looking like new" - bed was lumpy. It's across the road from a strip mall complex, which is ideal. And it takes a little knowledge to figure out the best ways to get here from the parkway (one entrance on one side of the road reachable going one direction).
My biggest complaint, which was met on deaf ears when I complained to the front desk during the stay and also to management (comment card, after the stay) was hallway noise was not minimized nor safety enforced. There were large groups in the hotel - so, both nights, until late into the morning (assume while the kids were sleeping), the parents sprawled in the hallways drinking and playing cards - in some cases, blocking the hallways. Then, early in the morning, (assuming while the parents slept) the kids played in the hallways - running up and down the halls and playing video games. This occurred both days/nights and I reported it - with no help.
Maybe this was just a bad weekend, but should be a watch-out for those seeking real peace and quiet from a hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
bk_t1,
Thank you for writing. We truly appreciate your feedback as we continuously strive to improve our guest experiences. I am very sorry for the noise disturbances you encountered during your stay, and it's unfortunate to hear that we failed to intervene more proactively. We value you as our guest and hope you will give us another chance to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Flew in late and did not want to drive home and back track the next morning. Got in around 1130 and left 800 the next morning, so for my trip I did not have much to experience. The hotel it self was a typical courtyard clean and comfortable. It had snowed earlier in the day before my arrival and I felt the parking lot could have been better cleaned as most spots were still snow covered as was the parking lot making me have to carry my bags and not use the rollers. The people were friendly and eager to help.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Chris L,
We’re happy to have been a part of your travels and thank you for sharing feedback from your experience. It’s great to know our clean and comfortable accommodations met your expectations. Please plan to stay with us again at Courtyard Settlers Ridge. Thank you again for writing a review.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I've stayed at many Courtyards and this one is similar to most post renovation except for three strikes against which I encountered here included the following in order.

1.Gave me a Handicap room without informing me. Okay I know I looked tired but really?
2. Bed was not comfortable and the pillows felt like they were filled with sand. (they may have actually been filled with sand but I was afraid to cut one open and get sand everywhere).
3. The Bacon/Egg/Cheese breakfast sandwich on a Cibbata Bun (pronounced "Chewbaca") was one of the worst tasting breakfast sandwiches I've ever had and breakfast is pretty hard to screw up. I knew I was in trouble when I saw them unwrap it pre-made. Skip this if you dont want your loving view of bacon ruined for life.

On the plus side they are near the airport, lots of shopping and restaurants and right next to the highway. Next time I will look elsewhere in the same area.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows and breakfast food.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
ricknieto,
We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. These details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your stay. We value you as our guest and we hope you'll give us another chance the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again for your feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here for one night on the 28th of January, Plenty free car parking a big plus. Easy and fast check in. Room was superb and very clean. Comfortable bed and nice sitting area with 42 inch television. Also a fridge and microwave and a second television in the bed room area.
Walk in shower was great.
Plenty of space in the bar/diner area and the soup was good.
Good wifi in both room and common areas.
Would go as far to say this is the best Courtyard I have ever stayed and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Andrew R,
We appreciate your gracious review and recommendations of Courtyard Settlers Ridge. I'm delighted to hear our clean and comfortable accommodations, combined with our value added amenities, made for such a great stay. We hope to have you as our guest again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

New Albany, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I liked a lot of thing about this resort. If you are going alone or with a small party, get the king bedroom. It has a walk in shower and plenty of room to work.

The workout room is small - 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical machine, and a few free weights. The treadmills are good quality.

There is a washer/dryer on site with complementary soap/fabric softener at the desk.

The cleaning staff did a fantastic job each day. The shuttle drivers were great and would take you anyhere within a 3 mile radius.

The negatives - no breakfast provided or night time reception.

Room Tip: If your party sizes allows, you should select a king room!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Ashlea M,
Thank you for selecting Courtyard Settlers Ridge while traveling on business. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, along with our accommodations, staff, and shuttle service. We appreciate your feedback and apologize that the Courtyard Brand does not offer complimentary breakfast or an evening reception. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Alisa Faulk, General Manager

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge? Share your experiences!