“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Robinson
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a newer Courtyard, and I've stayed there now about 15+ times for business. The staff, especially the housekeeping is really attentive. Great place to stay. My only complaint is the beds are way to firm! Only other weird negative is you cannot make a left out of this location; or a left into this location due to a huge concrete median, but I wouldn't let that scare you away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Liz B,
Thanks for writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard. We appreciate your business, and we're glad you enjoy staying with us. Thank you for your compliments about our wonderful staff. We enjoy having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.
Alisa J. Faulk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Pros
-new hotel. I think it was built in 2011
-location. excellent location if you want to go to the 'stiller' game
-free internet

Cons
-poor service

The only upgrade room that was available when I came in was a handicap accessable room. It was ok. I'm only silver with Marriott.

This hotel is a pretty safe bet. It's not too expensive, it's new and it's in a pretty good location. If all you're looking for is a clean place to rest your head, this is a good option. However, you will notice that the service is pretty poor. The people I spoke with over the phone acted as if they were in a hurry. The front desk attendant was new and didn't seem 100% comfortable with the charging my hotel points in there system. They weren't friendly, in general.

Again, this hotel is a safe bet. My cons are fair and what you would expect to see for a hotel class like this. If you're only looking for a place to rest your head, definitely give this place a look. It's hard to imagine you'd get a better value anywhere else in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
global_travel_advsr,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Courtyard and enjoyed your visit. I appreciate your feedback and will review your comments with our staff. Your satisfaction is important to us so I apologize if you didn't feel well served during your visit. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us so we can show you our excellence in service and dedication to our guests.
Valdosta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had to move to this courtyard from the pit airport marriott which probably had the best customer service I've ever had. This hotel is nice and new with the new style bathrooms. They took the tubs out and put in tile showers. Well it's a nice feature but, it's a lot more demanding on housekeeping because its not just a fiberglass tub. When it come to grout you really have to make sure you clean it well. We arrived at our room excited to see the new style shower and we were disgusted. There is mold and just nasty in the corners on the floor. After seeing it I didn't even want to step into the shower. I'm very disappointed. I have never seen a shower at a marriott so nasty and to think the hotel is pretty much brand new. I have attached pictures.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
matthew v,
Thank you for your review. We value your business, and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Courtyard. I apologize for your disappointment in our showers. The housekeeping staff and I will review your comments and work on making improvements in cleaning the showers. Your satisfaction is our concern so we hope you will have another opportunity to visit us, so we can show you our excellence in housekeeping and service. We look forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My last stay has not changed my mind. Good hotel very clean and good value. However the bistro style resturant is expensive compared with local resturants.

Breakfast very limited.

All said staying again at the end of November.

• Stayed September 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Mcfcian,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Settlers Ridge. We're delighted to hear that you had a pleasant visit with us, and we're especially happy to know you will be visiting us again soon. We look forward to your return.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Much to my suprise the hotel is about 10 miles from the airport. One would think when airport is mentioned in the name of the hotel, it would be on airport grounds. Beware if you get a room on the freeway side of the hotel, it will be noisy all night. The workout room is terrible as it only has 3 machines - 1 eliptical and 2 tread mills. The staff was friendly. I wondered how clean the room was as it had hair on the floor of the bathroom. The matress pad only covered the matress about half way down the sides. I had a two room suite which was very large but pricey for this type of hotel. This hotel is well below average for a Courtyard. When I return to Pittsburgh I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the opposite side of the interstate.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
WorldTraveler50226,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard. We value your business and hope you will consider visiting us again.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here for a long weekend in Pittsburgh, I booked this hotel over other hotels closer to Pittsburgh for its lower rate. The reception was a little colder than what I've experienced at other Courtyard brand properties with little in the way of an overview of the hotel or recognition of my status as a loyal Marriott guest. I always request a high floor room but was placed on the second floor and subjected to the sounds of children running around the floor above me. I also did not receive the extra towels or pillows that are noted on my profile, I normally do not like to be a bother and ask for these things later but I do appreciate when they are taken care of ahead of time. The pillows that were provided were well used with the feather stuffing poking out of them which was very annoying at night. As other reviewers have stated the hotel has only one entrance and the flow of traffic was complicated by one or both of the airport shuttle vans that always seemed to be parked in everyone's way rather than off to the side to be brought up as needed. One highlight of the room was the full sized walk in shower which is a huge improvement over the standard in-tub shower I would recommend this hotel if you are passing through Pittsburgh via the airport but if you are here to sightsee I would splurge on one of the many hotels in one of Central Pittsburgh's many neighborhoods.

Room Tip: Choose your poison, one side faces the highway the other faces a shopping center.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
mrc209,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and we're glad you had a pleasant stay. I'm glad you liked your room and especially enjoyed the walk-in shower. We're delighted you chose to stay with us, and we hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again.
Indian Land, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This room was not very clean. The bathroom wasn't clean and you could write on the granite above the refrigerator. The staff was friendly and they tried to make things right. This is a relatively new Courtyard. High on the wall in our first room was all marked. In fairness, one has to wonder what people do to these rooms. They seem to suffer more than just normal wear and tear. Be sure to get a room on the side opposite the Parkway. There is only one way in and out. There are restaurants and a lot of shopping near by although nothing is walkable.

Room Tip: Stay in a room opposite the Parkway side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Ellen N,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We're pleased to have had you as our guest. I'm glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and happy they accomodated your needs well. We welcome you to come and stay with us again the next time you visit Settlers Ridge, PA.

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge? Share your experiences!