“Very Nice Hotel! Very Modern” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Robinson
Bristow, Virginia
“Very Nice Hotel! Very Modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stopped here on our way to Ohio and it was very nice, clean and quiet. There was a pool..NO HOT TUB :-( but it was nice and there were no issues. We used the business center and there was food available even late at night. We arrived at 10pm and there was food available and the pool was still open. The bathroom and rooms were clean and modern. I loved the European style showers whcih have just glass instead of a shower curtain! Very happy! Marriott has done it again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Weirton, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I swore off Courtyard 5 years ago when my husband and I were traveling on our honeymoon. I wrote a review about the one in Scranton, Pa. We chose to stay in this Courtyard as our town was out of water service. Because it was new, I thought there was no way we could go wrong. One of the very first things I do when entering a hotel room is to check out the cleanliness of the bathroom. This hotel has only a shower, no bath. Upon inspection I found body hair like I have never seen before in a shower or tub in a hotel. I immediately called the front desk and they sent a woman to sweep the shower out and she also remopped it. I was upset and disgusted to say the least. At $129, the bathroom needs to be clean. Upon arriving back to the hotel after dinner I inspected the bathroom further and couldn't deal with it. There was body hair all over the floor, behind the door, along the tile that you step over to get in the shower, and under the sink. There was body hair all over the floor and a clump of long hair clearly from a woman beside the toilet. Someone obviously didn't sweep the floor. Also, there was a body hair on the sheet. I called the front desk again and they sent someone up again. I think the woman said that he was a facility manager, but I could be wrong. His name was Daniel. He recleaned the bathroom and brought us all new towels and new sheets. He was very nice and he reswept the bathroom with vacuum and cleaned everything all over again.

I am disappointed that a hotel like the Courtyard would have such poor standards in room cleanliness. I felt dirty, as I even made a comment to Daniel that I don't think it's my job to clean the bathroom in my hotel room. What I really meant to say was I'm not getting paid to clean up the body hair of the previous guests. One thing I live by and teach my children is that there is no point in doing any job if you aren't going to do it well. You should take pride in all of your work. I, once again, have written off the Courtyard by Marriot...and this time for good. In addition, we were not offered any discounts on our next stay, no free breakfast, nothing. Speaking of breakfast...we paid $9.25, I may be off by 30 cents or so, for breakfast for my husband and I and they forgot to give me my fruit and my husband his toast. We got it after we told the young lady. The hotel room was new and very nice looking, but the Courtyard is not for us any longer.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
n.e.ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We are B&B people due to the times we live in- safety and cleanliness issues. But we could not pass up the great price for a weekend stay at a practically brand new hotel in Pittsburgh. It is beautiful- from the room- bath, to the lobby. Location was close to great restaurants and shopping . We were happy to get the reservation. Unfortunately the people screaming and running down the hall at 1am and 3 am ruined our night's sleep. Reminding us of why we dont go to hotel's anymore. We did not call the desk because anyone knows that by the time help checks on it - it is all clear. We don't hold Marriott responsible for who stays w/them, it was just really unfortunate.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

The rooms were very clean, bed was extremely comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. We overlooked the freeway and did not experience any of the traffic noise noted by other reviewers - I think they must have fixed that problem. The food at the hotel is limited but there is a great shopping area across the road with lots of restaurants to choose from, plus a really nice market. Only 10 minutes from the airport and about 15 or so from the city without traffic. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
KellyAnn88, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thanks Socalworld for your review and recommendation! Yes, we have installed double-pane windows to limit any freeway traffic noise that early guest mentioned. I will pass along your comments to my team and I look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,
Brandywine, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

My son and his basketball team played in the Pittsburgh Spring Slam basketball tournament and needed a nice play to stay, since the host hotel was booked. I'm kind of glad that the other hotel was booked, because the coach, team and parents all enjoyed the luxurious digs at this Courtyard. It was high-end in every sense of the word and the rooms were immaculate. Unfortunately, we only stayed for 1 night. If we ever come back to Pittsburgh, we will only stay here. The staff was equally friendly. I have one minute complaint, their is complimentary assortment of teas, but there is no honey or lemon slices - had to go to the cafe to get them. I read some comments about the noise from the highway, but I couldn't hear a thing. Especially with the comfort of the mattresses - DIVINE!!

Stayed April 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Stayed for business, will not stay again. The hotel is new and clean, but strange open set-up near front desk and the highway noise made for a sleepless night. Front desk only apologized for noise despite hearing the complaint previously.

• Stayed January 2011
KellyAnn88, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Dear ChiTown2011,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; we greatly appreciate your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies that you experienced issues with highway noise during your stay with us; I’m pleased to say that we’re currently installing an additional pane of glass in all of our highway-facing windows in order to eliminate this problem. We appreciate your business and hope you will return in the future to experience the dramatic difference this enhancement will make!

Yours truly,

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Stayed at this property Saturday night prior to Steelers/Raiders game. Usually stay in the area at either the airport Marriot or Springhill Suites since it provides easy access to downtown yet gives you the space and lower cost of the suburbs. Saw the hotel in the construction phase and decided to book a room. Great location next to a new shopping center with a variety of shopping and restaurants. Rooms are clean, fresh and modern. Bathroom was very roomy, did not have a tub but a very modern large glass enclosed shower. Room had a flat screen TV with HD broadcast channels. Bed was very comfortable . The public areas were very nice and provided plenty of room to spread out. They set aside a considerable amount of space on the first floor as public space with pleanty of sitting room, flat screen TV's, eating space, information boards, business center etc. My one and only complaint, which may prevent me from rebooking in the future is the highway noise. Our room faced the expressway and the volume of noise that penetrated the room was excessive. The only way to mute it was to have the heater fan turned up high which is also very loud. Perhaps the rooms on the front side of the building are not as loud. It is a shame that such a nice hotel did not put more effort in soundproofing the highway facing rooms. Other than that this is an excellent hotel with a very friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Dear OHSteelersFan,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and for choosing to stay at our new hotel! We appreciate all of your comments and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay. We’re actually in the process of adding noise-blocking glass to each of our windows in order to eliminate noise from the highway; we hope you do choose to stay with us next time you come to town. Go Steelers!

Yours truly,

Alisa Faulk, General Manager

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport Settlers Ridge? Share your experiences!