“New, Clean and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ridley Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“New, Clean and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My family and I stayed here overnight before flying out of Philadelphia International Airport. The hotel was new and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful when asking questions. The room was outstanding. The complementary breakfast was by far the best I have seen in a long time. We also left our car parked a the hotel for $9 a day. That is far cheaper then parking at the airport. They provided transportation to the airport and back at no charge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

1st time at this property, over$150/nite with internet, breakfast...clean ultra modern room...found the tv control a little testy and no channel guide in the room...never figured out the digital thermostat either....

Room Tip: I went first floor, very quiet for me
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed here for one night over Memorial Day 2012 while my son was in a sports tournament. There was nothing wrong with the hotel; in fact, it is very new. The rooms were extremely large (we had a king bed, the toilet and showers were seperated and they sitting area was equally large. It was fairly easy to get to, although if you have older GPS units I'm not sure it will find it (that was a common complaint from a number of other parents I spoke with). The rooms were quiet and the beds very comfortable.

Why only average? For starters, this hotel was rather expensive for its class: $180 a night, which taxes pushed up to over $200. Now, I realize that it was over Memorial Day but still. With that price tag comes a certain expectation of customer service delivery that this hotel did not meet. In addition, the free breakfast was at best average; I've had far better free breakfasts at other chains for far cheaper. The indoor pool was also very small (true, there were a lot of boys in there--there was another sports team that also staying there).

Other issues experienced were thatthe air conditioning unit in a banquet/party room that we were in did not work for the vast part of the time we were in there. Finally, one of our party's door locks broke or malfunctioned, leaving them locked out of their room for several hours. If he ended paying full price for his stay, I hope he called Marriot.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The reason for our stay was a very early morning flight out of Philadelphia International in the morning. It worked out very well as the night before the flight the guys were able to easily get to see a Phillies game which was not far away. My daughter arrived at the airport and took the shuttle to the hotel (you do have to call them, however, and there was quite a delay). The hotel itself was very nice, it's new--no complaints at all--and it was very quiet at night. We arranged for a time for the shuttle to get us to the hotel and it was waiting for us in the morning. We left our car at the hotel ($9/night to park there). When we got back from our vacation, we called for the shuttle, they came fairly quickly and just went back to our car and headed home. It's close to the airport, the Phillies and you can park for a small charge. It's a good thing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This is a great new hotel near the Philly airport. I've tried other properties, but found this one to be the best combination of good price (use your AAA card if you have one), great location, and nice hotel. Check in was quick and easy, and the front desk person made an effort to call us by our names and to be personable during check in. The rooms are nice, spacious, and clean. We left too early in the morning to try the breakfast, but for what we needed, it was perfect.

It's about a 5-7 minute drive to the airport, and the shuttle runs every 30 minutes (at :00 and :30). On the return, we called the hotel and they sent the shuttle to pick us up.

One other comment .. this is one of the few hotels I know of with park & fly rates that's south of the airport. So if you live off of 476 or even farther south on 95, this is a great option to avoid driving past the airport and then backtracking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Southern Pines, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We were In Room 222 and found The room to be lovely, modern and ver comfortable; however, we were awakened during the night by loud voices outside in front of the hotel (probably in the smoking area). This was at 2 am and 5 am. I think the next time I stay here I will ask for a high room near the end. Great room though and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: High floors near end may avoid noise from outside.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I spent a night at this hotel as I was flying out of the Philadelphia airport and wanted to do a park and fly. The hotel is fairly close to the airport and they operate a free shuttle for their guests. The front desk clerk(s) were very friendly, they addressed me by name and they went out of their way to be helpful. I had to leave early in the morning so I did not get a chance to sample the breakfast. My stay was ok except for an issue which had to do with a horrible smelll on the fourth floor which was where my room was. i could smell the odour as soon as I got off of the elevator and it was present all over the forth floor and I could smell it in my room. I am not sure what the smell was, but, I smelled it the entire time I was at the Hotel and I was glad to leave in the morning. I am not sure if this was a one time event, or it is ongoing, however, I will not book another room at this hotel. due to the smell issue alone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park? Share your experiences!