“Stayed twice on visits to Philly -- suite set up is good” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ridley Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
massachusetts
“Stayed twice on visits to Philly -- suite set up is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have stayed here twice on recent visits to Philly, the first time with my Mom & daughter (for a wedding shower) and again with my husband/daughter. Both times were very good. The hotel is clean and updated. The staff is very friendly & accomodating. Good, well-lit parking (free), close to the airport but not so close you hear the planes. The free breakfast is good and includes pastries, cereal, oatmeal, eggs/sausages, make your own waffles, yogurt, etc. On the first trip my cousin stopped by to meet us in the morning and they offered her free breakfast so we could all eat together.
The suite worked well for my daughter, but it is not a separate room, there is a frosted glass divider between the pull out sofa and the main bedroom. A little more privacy would have been nice, but for 1 night it was quite adequate.
My only complaint is that the air conditioner is quite noisy as it cycles on/off during the night and woke me up several times.
I would definitely stay here again if in the Philly area.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for the highest floor and away from the elevators - it will be a little quieter than...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed one night at this Springhill Suites at the beginning of August. Let me start off by saying that my stay was overall pleasant, and I would stay at this hotel again if I'm in the area in the future. With that said, I would like to share my experience at this hotel and make some suggestions for management.

I was in the area on some personal business, and needed a place to stay before my flight back home the next day. The hotel is not right next to the airport, but is reasonably close by if you have a rental car. Cleanliness is the most important factor for me when choosing a hotel, so I try to pick hotels that are newer or recently remodeled whenever I travel. From reviews that I read, this place seemed relatively new so I decided to give it a try. If you make your reservation on Marriott's website, you will notice directions for you to use a different address that is nearby for GPS navigation, since the hotel's actual address is not in GPS databases yet. Make sure to do that before you start driving to the hotel. I thought I could just look at the map on the GPS and figure it out as I get closer to the hotel but I was wrong. I ended up making multiple u-turns, hitting dead ends for about half an hour in the nearby not-so-nice neighborhoods before finding the hotel. When I finally found the hotel, I parked my car in a space in front of the main entrance and went inside for check-in. It was around 9 o'clock in the evening. The young lady at the front desk greeted me politely with a big smile on her face as she was trained to, but did not make me feel genuinely welcomed. (Warm, welcoming personality doesn't come with training I guess.) She got her job done nonetheless. I got my room keys and headed back out to my car so I could park closer to the side entrance. When I got to my car I was shocked to find it PLASTERED with some kind of flying bugs. It seemed that the vegetation around the outer perimeter near the front entrance really needed some extermination. I got in my car and moved to the more spacious parking area near the side entrance, which was well lit and without bugs.

The lobby, hallways, and my room were clean and decorated in a colorful, modern style, which I loved. I had the suite with a king bed and an additional sofabed. The room was divided into a sitting area and a sleeping area, with a TV on a swivel stand in the middle that can be turned to face both ways. Some people may find the room a little small, but I think it is adequate for 1 or 2 people staying in the same room. The sitting area was very cozy and comfortable. There was a microwave and a mini fridge in the room, which came in handy for me.

After settling down in my room, I went downstairs to look for some food in the lobby. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but has a small bar area that serves a variety of drinks, buffalo wings, and personal pizzas. That is also the area where breakfast is served in the mornings. I got an order of barbecue flavored buffalo wings, which was really good considering it was almost 10 p.m. and I hadn't had dinner.

As far as bed linens, I think housekeeping needs to pay a lot more attention. The bed linens seemed clean to me. However, there was a large brown/wine-colored stain on one of the white sheets that protected the comforter. The bed was also very poorly made. The fitted sheet was not on the mattress properly. Instead of laying flat and smooth on the mattress, it was loose and wrinkled. The mattress cover under the sheet was also all bunched up. I had to make the bed over myself in order to have a flat surface to sleep on. I didn't call the front desk to have it fixed for me since it was faster to fix it myself. Considering a room rate of $169 per night, I just think that guests shouldn't have to remake the bed themselves. I had a good night's sleep after fixing the sheets. The AC was pretty quiet, and the pillows were nice. Breakfast the next morning was simple but good. I liked the fact that they had a couple of hot items like eggs and sausages in addition to the self-made waffles and cereal. I enjoyed a good cup of coffee and felt relaxed before checking out at noon. Will definitely return, especially if the little things mentioned above can be improved.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was in the area for an extended stay for work, and found this hotel to be the best in the area by far. Recently renovated, clean fresh look, great staff and reasonable rates. Rooms are nice and spacious, and well thought-of amenities.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Archbald
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Did the Park/Sleep/Fly here.

When I called to book, price was lower than I thought.
Hotel is very very nice, room is fanstastic, breakfast was quite good, shuttle to airport was fine, and car was left in parking lot for 12 days. No problem.

Pickup from PHL back to hotel was very quick.

Plus, hotel was easy to find.

I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lighthouse Point, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have stayed at this property several times and find it is a good value for the money. Compared to other hotels in the PHL airport area, this hotel is newer and offers a clean and spacious room for a reasonable price. The location is a just bit off of I95, but not inconvenient. The property offers free Wifi, and has a breakfast buffet. Facilities include a fitness room and an indoor pool. The AAA rate is very competitive.

Room Tip: LIght sleepers might want to ask for a room away from the road noise
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Gibsonia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Wow! Great hotel for the cost! I traveled with my husband and 3 kids. We got the suite with two queen beds and sofabed. I felt the room was very clean! We really like how the shower area is separate from the toilet area. The room was spacious. Had a mini-fridge and mini-microwave. The lobby had a very modern decor. The hotel offered a small bar area... offering all mixed drinks, beer and soft drinks. It was open til 11pm. There was also an area near front desk that offered various snacks... even microwavable dinners. Kids enjoyed the various ice-cream selectiions. A little pricey, but worth it. The pool was nice, but small. Towels were available in pool area. The pool depth was up to 4'6". There was a very nice outside area that had a bon-fire pit. Nice chairs surrounding it. The breakfast buffet was typical. Waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage/ham, bread/bagels, yogurt, 5 or 6 different cereals, milk/juice. A coffee bar was open all day. You can get plastic utensils in that area as well if needed for your room. The breakfast buffet was crowded every morning, but that is to be expected at every hotel that offers complimentary breakfast!

Since there was five of us staying in our room... we called the front desk for an extra blanket and 3 more bath towels. A hotel worker brought them to our room within 5 minutes. That was nice!

Front desk manager was very helpful recommending restaurants. All the front desk workers were nice and welcomed us as we entered the hotel.

Overall great hotel. The best part for me is it being clean. The bed linens and towels were like new. Not worn at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road (Industrial Highway). We did hear cars/trucks at night.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Spent one night at end of 4 day trip. The staff was friendly and helpful (with the exception of a grumpy bartender who looked like she would rather be anywhere but there), the room was generous, the shower was great, the beds were really comfortable and there was a great work space. The suite isn't a suite in the normal sense as the sitting/work area is separated by a frosted glass partition wall. If you're looking at being able to close the door while someone else wants to sleep you can't. Also, the area's not great for restaurants. We wanted a good dinner and made the 15 minute trip into Philly. All in all though, I was really pleased and would have given 5 stars except for location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park? Share your experiences!