“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Reading
Maryland, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed one night's stay while in Reading for a concert. Rooms were clean, relatively spacious, nice furnishings. Some paint chipping, but who cares. It fit our needs and budget perfectly. Staff as courteous and quick for checkin/checkout. We did notice there was no HBO as advertised.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Everytime I go to this Econo Lodge, I always look forward to my stay. The staff is nice. Tracy and Wilmer are excellent. They really know how to run such a nice establishment. The rooms were clean. They go above and beyond to serve the customer.

• Stayed May 2013
fuquay varina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was very pleased with the presentation of the hotel and the employees. After reading some other comments below I was shocked to see other people had unpleasant experiences. I had stayed the weekend of June 22 to the 24. The only police officer I seen was one circling the parking lot, my prior understanding is they do this to keep order. The room was very accommodating for my quick visit home for my father in laws birthday. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. We enjoyed the continental breakfast, the staff was very pleasant! I had no problem with the staff they were all nice and helpful. Since I have been gone things in Reading have changed, the manger was great at filling us in on the changes. I would recommend this establishment, it's a great price and close to many restaurants. I tend to take bad reviews at face value, because sometimes their are parts missing from the story. Which is why I am glad we didn't let the negative feedback make our decision for us!

Northfield NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I travelled from south jersey to this hotel for a wedding that was held in Reading.. The wedding was BEAUTIFUL~~~.. The HOTEL is Disgusting...................I am very appalled that I made a reserveration, I was quoted a different price to start out!.... Then we checked in and found BUGS in the comforter and sheets!!!!!!!!!!!Gave the bugs to "Drew" the night worker... He was very nice and gave us new linens out of the washer... and felt BAD... Then, we come back from the wedding and there were 3 police officers in front of the building, and had a man cuffed on the police car...we had children of all ages there and DIDN'T appreciate it... Then we get woken up at 8:30 am by a women who juggle the door and opens it up and says "Housekeeping"...are you kidding me check out wasn't until 11am... I know this is her job and I do appreciate that but I would have assumed that the hotel had a master list of who is leaving and staying............My whole family was awoken....Then we all get something to eat of where we are having a conversation with each other~~ and the manager "Mervin" aggressively interrupted our conversation regarding the prices we were all charged... DIDN'T appreciate that as we were sitting with the Groom and Bride and they didn't need to be bothered...VERY UNPROFESSIONAL~~~I called the office as soon as I returned home...they said they are checking into all of these complaints!! I will follow up with the owner and GM of choice hotels...Finally I immediately washed everything that touched that room and my family...

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR INTEGRITY~~~DISGUSTING AND DIRTY AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't make a reservation here until they clean their hotel! There is a hotel right next door I w...
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Friends and family of mine recommended the Econo Lodge for my children, husband and myself to stay this past weekend. We were visiting from North Carolina. We were pleasantly surprised on how clean the room was for the price. Unlike other reviews I didn't see any paint chips, or mold, nor did we have any complaints about the outside noise. The room had a refrigerator and microwave which was an added bonus for our stay. The beds were comfortable, and seemed as if they were brand new. The hotel was also accommodating with ensuring the crib was already placed in our room before check in. Which made it easy for us to put our children to bed as soon as we came in. It seems as though the owners and staff take pride in their hotel. Everyone there was nice, even when my children ran around the breakfast area. We make a few trips to P.A to visit family, I will continue to stay at this hotel every time!

Hohenwald, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was in bad need of a shower, and no truckstops for miles....I should have borrowed a hose! The halls had paint chips everywhere, trashy, dirty.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We were given a room that had a noisy air conditioner. When we called the office Tracy immediatly changed our room. The next morning we were greeted warmly by the staff as we went to breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Northeast? Share your experiences!