“Overpriced, underdelivered” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Reading
Hohenwald, Tennessee
“Overpriced, underdelivered”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was in bad need of a shower, and no truckstops for miles....I should have borrowed a hose! The halls had paint chips everywhere, trashy, dirty.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We were given a room that had a noisy air conditioner. When we called the office Tracy immediatly changed our room. The next morning we were greeted warmly by the staff as we went to breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
nyc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

This hotel was the worst place I have ever stayed. It was disgusting. There were people barbequing in the parking lot until 3 in the morning. The bathroom ceiling was full of mold and I think bugs were nesting in there too. The bathroom walls were bear unpainted sheet rock. There was no towel rack. The TV didn't work.
The beds were filthy. I slept on top of the comforter. I felt dirty coming out of the shower. The only good thing about this hotel was that they allowed me to check out after staying one night when I had prepaid for three and they refunded me the balance of the money. If you must come to reading there is a much cleaner Comfort Inn down the block or down the road in Wyomissing, a 5 minute ride away, there was a large selection of decent hotels.

• Liked — My refund
  • Disliked — The filth
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

Dirty...Dirty...Dirty!!

I went out a bought sheets, pillow and blanket for the bed. Their linen looked terrible. It looked as if someone just got off of the sheets.
The towels were old and nasty.

There was no alarm clock, no iron, no hair dryer, and I think that the advertisment included all of the above. I have never been in a hotel room that did not have an alarm clock!!

The only good thing about this place is that they except animals.

But I had to worry about my dog catching something from that dirty carpet.

• Liked — they excepted pets
  • Disliked — cleaniness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

Price was right and it was mostly clean and quite..Did hear from a friend on the second floor his room wasn't clean. A bit of a problem checking in as they had a rate $11.00 more per night and ended up charging me $2.00 more than my confirmation said..Suggest you bring a copy if you book online..Breakfast was decent with juice , good coffee , pastry , fruit and cereal ..I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

I was a bit wary of booking this hotel after reading a couple of the bad reviews but I figured I would go with the most recent review which turned out to be right on. The room my mom and I shared was clean and the beds were comfortable. Some things were a bit worndown but overall I was quite pleased. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was basic (cereal, muffins, juice) but satisfying, the hotel is in a good location very close to a mall and the VF Factory Outlets, and we got a great price on the room. The next time I visit Reading I won't hesitate to stay in the Econo Lodge Northeast.

• Liked — Great price
  • Disliked — I wouldn't have minded a few more choices at breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2007

We were not sure about staying at this motel considering all the bad things we heard about it but it was the only place left to go. I enjoyed my stay very much so and would stay there again anytime. Guest service(Rita) was great at check in and I was checked in fast. Manager was very polite. I would surely stay here again.

Stayed January 2007

Been to Econo Lodge Northeast? Share your experiences!