“Noisy night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Reading
Annapolis, Maryland
“Noisy night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Pros: the lobby is interesting and attractive, the staff is helpful, parking is free and the rooms are a nice size.

Cons: the rooms are pretty run down and there was some strange - loud - mechanical noise just outside our room all night long. We kept hoping it would stop and so didn't ask (in the middle of the night) for another room. In retrospect, we should have.

We generally lean toward older hotels with some character, but this wasn't a good call.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

My buddy is getting married in a month or so. He got with this hotel and reserved their weekend for family and friends. Some of us were able to book and others weren't. They couldn't book because the hotel gave out those rooms.

When the hotel was notified they couldn't care less. I called to cancel my reservation and they sounded like it was an inconvenience to them to cancel.

Screw this joint

• Stayed September 2012
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Thisis a Classic older Hotel with some really neat stuff in Lobby and around the building if you like older things

Rooms were large.

Breakfast not included

Parking was 2 which was i assume to keep non stayers out

Enjoyed it staff we saw was friendly

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Traveling with family for an extended weekend get away, we thought we'd try the Abraham Lincoln to bring some "character" in between stops at very generic chain locations. The area around the hotel certainly is full of a lot of characters, but not where I'd feel safe taking the family out for a walk. As someone mentioned, I don't think there were any great food establishments nearby anyway, so no great loss. The lobby, restaurant and bar area do remind you for an era gone by, and have a classic (if dated) look that gives a feeling that this was once the place to be in Reading. Our room was a tad small with two full size beds, and we were dissapointed that there was no flatscreen as they mentioned on their website. My biggest issue is with their bathrooms.... If there's one thing I can't stand when traveling, it's an unclean bathroom. Mildew in the shower, the corners of the tile floor looking dirty, unpolished fixtures, etc. It's gross and the one thing that will keep me away again in the future. Do your guests a favor and put some elbow grease into REALLY cleaning a handfull of rooms. As one review said, I think the place only had a few guests over the weekend, why not make the BEST impression possible?

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there's a good side, or interesting view, but make sure you check to be sure...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

From the reviews, I knew ahead of time pretty much what to expect at the Abraham Lincoln. Downtown Reading is run down, but the Abraham Lincoln is not - it's fine, if not great. Our room was spacious & quiet, the in-room coffee, fridge & microwave were convenient, the beds were comfy & the free in-roon wifi was plenty fast.

Also on the plus side, an easy-to-access parking garage is only $2/day (weekends). Metered street parking also is available. It's a shame, but Reading offers essentially no restaurants, shops, etc. within walking distance of the hotel. Even the hotel restaurant offers only limited service.

Alas, on the minus side, the hotel staff ignored that I had reserved for 3 persons & at first had us in a king. They moved us to a 2 doubles, but I had to insist to get non-smoking. Also, we stayed 2 days & housekeeping did not replenish towels adequately for 3 people.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 10th floor if you want non-smoking - I suggest the 14th.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Right up until I found the roach in the cup beside my bed this morning. I had some misgivings when I checked in because as a woman traveling alone I didn't feel safe walking around outside. The room wasn't filthy but it was by no means fresh. I had already decided not to say here again before I found my roommate this morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
westbury, ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on our way to Hershey. You enter on the bottom floor (check in is on the next floor up) but here was no one there to tell us that. We wandered back and forth before the guy returned to his desk and seemed like we were bothering him when we asked where to check in.

The room is large but it had a gross feeling. You know that feeling like you don't want to take off ur shoes in fear of your feet touching the dirty rug. The sheets do not fit on the bed... I don't know what they are thinking. You can't sit on the bEd without the sheet coming off. Annoying! The hotel was empty so we asked the check in guy to give us a room away from other guests because our daughter is autistic and can get loud when it's bedtime. He said he would. Well sure enough at 11 pm they knocked on our door to tell us the guest in the next room had complained.

The only plus was the valet guys. Very nice but be aware $36. To park.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to The Abraham Lincoln Hotel? Share your experiences!