“Clean and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Reading Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Reading Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Reading Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   2299 Lancaster Pike, Reading, PA 19607-2380 (Formerly Shillington Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Reading
Lumberton
“Clean and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I found the hotel to be clean. The rooms were clean, roomy, and comfortable. The cookies in the afternoon were terrific. The breakfast is average at best with the usual stuff. I am not fond of microwave eggs and sausage. Location is very good right next to Rt 222. I skipped the diner out front due to the employees smoking in the back. Instead I walked to Paulo's Italian which is more like a sports bar in the back. Terrific! The food was excellent. The environment was really nice and it was very reasonably priced. The place was packed for good reason. I was really happy I went there. It is a 12 minute walk or 2 minute ride. Try the Reading Art Museum as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SAGAR S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us! We are happy to see that you enjoyed a comfortable stay at our property. Our freshly baked cookies are a guest favorite and baked by our breakfast attendants on a daily basis.

We are conveniently located right off of 222-Business, and in close proximity to the Pennsylvania Turnpike. As you experienced, there are many dining options in town. Paolo's was an excellent choice as it is a local favorite.

My team and I look forward to your next visit when in the Reading, PA area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Sagar Shah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
doncaster
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I reviewed this Hotel in May 2013. On the basis of my previous visit I stayed 4 days in May 2014. I booked a refurbished up graded room assuming a much higher level of comfort than a standard room. Given that this room was much more expensive it was disappointingly not value for money.
Breakfasts were awful. For three days the only hot foods were inedible sausage or cook yourself omelettes. On the fourth day inedible bacon was provide.
When at a Hotel as a paying guest I hope to be in the company of like minded folks. Unfortunately the breakfast room was inhabited by diners dressed in Pyjamas or little more than T shirts and shorts. Tattooed for the most part on those areas of skin not covered. I understand from a fellow guest that the Hotel took Social Security families into their care. I shall not be returning.

Room Tip: The Hotel has a welcome Dog policy.If this is not acceptable to you then check at the desk when choo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

What great staff, comfort, cleanliness, service. We arrived very late at night and the first hotel was booked. Got a listing and immediately selected this Best Western and they got us right in with 2 rooms. Very nice hotel as it had recently been renovated. Wonderful staff, very clean rooms, comfortable beds and great continental breakfast included. Business room to use the computer, fitness room. I would most definitely recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Hotel was very nice. Rooms had alot of space, the beds were so comfortable as well. There was a diner on location with great food. The front desk clerk Crystal and Don did everything and beyond to make sure my stay was great. The only thing that I didnt like was the smell of smoke in the lobby but other then that would definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
glendora, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

enjoyed stay at hotel. Housekeeping very good. only thing is when is the pool available? I believe we were to early for the season. This hotel fit is well because of the location. The diner in front serves very good food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ojai, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed one night up here to go shopping at the VF outlets (which appeared to have come upon very hard times) and enjoy the city. The place was filled to capacity and we got the last room checking in at noon! The young woman in the lobby was particularly friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed OK as was the breakfast. The two chairs in the room were the most uncomfortable I have ever encountered in a hotel. We don't believe this property deserves a "Plus" designation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Found a ton of bed bugs on my bed. Check in line was way too long. Room not ready when I got there and then I was put in bed bug Infested room. Checked out immediately. Traumatized!!!! To this day still scratching. Had to throw out clothes on way to another hotel.

Stayed May 2014
SAGAR S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of my staff and I, we apologize for your less than satisfactory experience. We take property cleanliness & pest control with the utmost seriousness. Our pest control provider is one of few certified entomologists in the state of PA. While this is an industry wide issue, I can assure you that my team focuses on taking stringent preventive measures. We have a process in place that I'd like to shed some light on.

My team proactively steams guest rooms at the hotel every quarter. Headboards, mattresses, carpeting, box springs, etc are core aspects that we focus on, known as common hiding spots for pests. In addition, my housekeepers are trained to spot any signs of pests in guest rooms . It's an ongoing effort and we continually retrain. Our pest control provider visits the hotel once a month at a minimum as well.

With regards to your experience, we comp'd your stay per our protocol. In addition we immediately relocated you to another hotel property and arranged for the associated payment.

We sincerely apologize for the poor experience. If I can do anything else to assist you please do not hesitate to contact me at (610) 777-7888.

Yours in Hospitality,

Sagar Shah

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Reading Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!