“islandmomma” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Quakertown
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“islandmomma”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The place has a nice homey feel. I love their outside seating. the owner is always around and the service is good. great variety on the menu

Visited April 2014

Southeastern, Pennsylvania
“Very VERY good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have been coming here for a bit. The coffee is always hot and Kathy is almost always there asking customers if they need more coffee etc. The servers are nice and the food is hot. Breakfast is aways good, they are the only restaurant around who knows how to butter toast ( all the way to the edges, not just the center). It may not be the ritz but it is as close as a country kitchen can get.

Huntington, New York
“Great Chowder!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My son goes to DeSales University nearby, so we have passed this place many times running him back & forth to the local Target & Walmart when we visit. Always noticed this little place, usually with cars out front, and figured at some point we would try it. Had to bring him back today from Christmas break, and decided to give this place a try. Lovely young girl greeted us, sat us quickly, and asked our drink order. It was quiet with a few tables seated, just about 5:30PM. Her service was outstanding and her attitude more than pleasant! Ordered the Whistle Sampler to start.....potato skins were great, chicken fingers & philly spring rolls....okay. Just a little too oily for my liking. I ordered the pulled pork and was disappointed. The pork is not cooked in the sauce, so it was quite bland. It is placed on a roll w/ sauce on the top and bottom. Sauce is very good, but the meat was flavorless and a bit cold. Subbed out for the mashed potatoes and they were very good. My husband had the chicken corn chowder...DELICIOUS!! He also ordered the chicken & dumpling dinner which was very good as well. Decided on a whim to have dessert after hearing the owner tell another patron she cooked all these pies in this morning. We split an apple pie w/ raisins, crumbs and icing. Came out w/ whipped cream and it looked great.....but it was ice cold. Guess it was kept in the fridge, not what I expected. Usually when I'm not happy, it's a nail in the coffin and we will not be back. BUT....since my husband's two choices were so very good, I am willing to try this place again. Prices are great....very reasonable. Don't think I would like this place if packed w/ people....bit tiny. Worth a try.......and make sure you try the chowder!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Quakertown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Homemade Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Kathy's always has great fresh homemade food. Her Chicken Corn Chowder is one of my all time favorite soups. Don't let the surroundings fool you, the food is great and fresh! I know when the weather gets nice this place is going to be packed! Get in and get her food now why you can!

Visited January 2014
Quakertown
“Service is terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

waited almost 20 minute for my order to be taken, was sitting in the middle of the room but the waitress ask everyone around me if they wanted more coffee but my table. She finally came over with an empty pot when my party was ready to leave. Never came back to our table not even once to ask how our food was and the resturant was not even busy. She spent to much time talking to gentleman customers.

Visited July 2013