“Ok food slow service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Pottsville
Auburn, Pennsylvania, United States
“Ok food slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Took my grandchildren here for lunch, for was ok, hot roast beef needed some seasoning of some kind...my biggest complaint no childrens menu!!! So you need to buy off regular menu...need to change this!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
“Our favorite mac & cheese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband & I love to go to Gramma"s on a Friday night for the mac & cheese. It's delicious and at a good price. There is usually a long line to get a table. Many times we are standing in line out in the parking lot just to get in the door! The parking is a problem quite often. We usually have to park in the back lower lot and climb the steep stairs to get up to the entrance. We still feel the mac & cheese is worth all the hassle!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berks County, PA
“Inexpensive evening out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently visited Gramma's for the first time with my brother and my daughter. We were visiting the area and had never been there before. We visited rather early on a Saturday evening, but the place was packed--mostly with an older crowd. We had to wait about 20 minutes to get a table, which we really didn't want to do, but we didn't know many other places in the area. We were all surprised at how low the prices were on the menu. Each of our entrees was priced under $10. I had a steak, my daughter had parmesan crusted haddock, and my brother had butterfly shrimp. Our server was busy, but attentive to our needs and requests. The food was good for a family restaurant type of establishment. We would return again if we were in the area.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Mediocre Old Time Comfort Food in an Outdated Setting.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Gramma's Restaurant in Pottsville is home moderate comfort classics in an outdated setting. Quite honestly, I've tasted much better comfort food than what I've had at Gramma's. It's decently priced though, keeping the regular crowd returning for more. That's what some people like, I guess. I'd recommend this place for those looking for a decent meal with a friend or two.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woodbridge, New Jersey, United States
“Nice menu choices, delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Gramma's has several daily specials as well as a nice variety of options on their menu. The food is always delicious and while the portions aren't generous, they are substantial and the prices are fair.

Parking in the main lot can be congested and at times even trecherous as it is directly off a busy street. A better option is to park in the lower lot behind the building, which is accessed by the street behind the building. However, you will have to navigate a staircase to enter the restaurant, the back lot is not handicapped accessible.

Visited June 2012