“Inexpensive evening out” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Pottsville
Berks County, PA
“Inexpensive evening out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently visited Gramma's for the first time with my brother and my daughter. We were visiting the area and had never been there before. We visited rather early on a Saturday evening, but the place was packed--mostly with an older crowd. We had to wait about 20 minutes to get a table, which we really didn't want to do, but we didn't know many other places in the area. We were all surprised at how low the prices were on the menu. Each of our entrees was priced under $10. I had a steak, my daughter had parmesan crusted haddock, and my brother had butterfly shrimp. Our server was busy, but attentive to our needs and requests. The food was good for a family restaurant type of establishment. We would return again if we were in the area.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Mediocre Old Time Comfort Food in an Outdated Setting.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Gramma's Restaurant in Pottsville is home moderate comfort classics in an outdated setting. Quite honestly, I've tasted much better comfort food than what I've had at Gramma's. It's decently priced though, keeping the regular crowd returning for more. That's what some people like, I guess. I'd recommend this place for those looking for a decent meal with a friend or two.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, New Jersey, United States
“Nice menu choices, delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Gramma's has several daily specials as well as a nice variety of options on their menu. The food is always delicious and while the portions aren't generous, they are substantial and the prices are fair.

Parking in the main lot can be congested and at times even trecherous as it is directly off a busy street. A better option is to park in the lower lot behind the building, which is accessed by the street behind the building. However, you will have to navigate a staircase to enter the restaurant, the back lot is not handicapped accessible.

Visited June 2012
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
“great meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

great meals at a good price. Like a family diner as to kind of food. Big menu.

NORTHERN NJ
“Could Mexican food be done any worse?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

From the slimy vinly tablecloths to chips that seem straight from the local grocery this is the biggest poor of an excuse restaurant. I've eaten here a bunch of times because relatives who live close by have no other place to go. My admonition to you is, "eat in" any day rather than go here.

• Visited September 2011