“Yum!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I live closely to both Wooden Keg locations. I am a fan of their menu and never experienced a bad meal. My favorite items are the wings and loaded Irish fries. There are times when the service is rushed or you feel you are bothering the wait staff--but I only find this to be true in the Pottsville location. Still, it's a casual enough place that it doesn't usually upset me. It has never made me mad enough where I wouldn't go back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mays Landing, New Jersey
“Disrespectful staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Walked in had to ask if we should seat ourselves. Ordered beers. They were flat. Asked for new beers. The bartender did pour them with additude. Waitress snickered right I front of us. I guess this was funny to her. Place was pretty dark and smells like stale beer. Food was okay. Wouldn't come back.

“Good food...but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Visited early in the week in the evening. Staff were pleasant but very slow & newer staff person didn't know the menu/food. Food was very good and the mechanical "dumb" waiter was fun to watch.
Dimly lit, probably for the best.

Pottsville, Pennsylvania
“Always good meal/good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I live very close to the Saint Clair location & that is the one I go to very often. There is another location in Pottsville but it is a totally diiferent crowd & atmophere & doesnt have the history that the Saint Clair location does. Food is a little pricey but very good. The only thing I got that I didnt like was a wrap. It was very small & not wrapped correctly, paid $9 & was not happy. Other than that, food is good. Service is good too, but if you choose to sit at the bar, sometimes is takes a while to be waited on or to get another drink. There is seating upstairs & down. Downstairs is the famous Tunnel Room & lots of pictures & info on the history of the building. Very interesting & worth the visit down there. St Patricks day there is very fun but very crowded. It is after all an Irish bar & its where the Mollys used to hang out.

Visited January 2014
Homewood, Alabama
“Excellent food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I ate three dinners here during my week long Pottsville stay. The sirloin steak is the best, and I also enjoyed two cheesesteak dinners. Be sure to stop by their St. Clair location also. It's a real treat.

Visited December 2013